NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Challenge: SIM Millionaire in 20 Days

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one icedfrosty with 70 posts (105 thanks)
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 4 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 58LesPaul with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 DreadChampion with 4 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DanDaMan with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 icedfrosty with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 22,848 views
    2. thumb_up 155 thanks given
    3. group 49 followers
    1. forum 110 posts
    2. attach_file 66 attachments

Search this Thread

Challenge: SIM Millionaire in 20 Days

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,360

icedfrosty View Post
Showing live trade results is less fun as it requires extra paperwork due to US regulations.

Can you explain a bit what this extra paperwork entails? Are you registered with NFA or CFTC, for example?

For SIM, do you have faith that the SIM fills could actually be achieved in real world? My experience is that that is often not the case...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

icedfrosty 
Dallas/Texas/US

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader8, MetaTrader5
Broker: NinjaTrader, AMP Futures
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 550

kevinkdog View Post
Can you explain a bit what this extra paperwork entails? Are you registered with NFA or CFTC, for example?

For SIM, do you have faith that the SIM fills could actually be achieved in real world? My experience is that that is often not the case...

It would not be a good idea for me to answer your first question in writing...I am not qualified.

As for this Challenge, it is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Futures trading involves substantial risk of loss. All results I post should be considered hypothetical and past results are not necessarily indicative of future results.

In my experience, SIM fills are certainly faster than live fills. If you are ever worried about futures fill issues you can use stop/limit orders which is what we are using in the SIM Challenge. As a side note, I have found that AMP Futures MT5/CQG fills faster than NinjaTrader/CQG on SIM & live accounts.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

icedfrosty View Post
It would not be a good idea for me to answer your first question in writing...I am not qualified.

As for this Challenge, it is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Futures trading involves substantial risk of loss. All results I post should be considered hypothetical and past results are not necessarily indicative of future results.

In my experience, SIM fills are certainly faster than live fills. If you are ever worried about futures fill issues you can use stop/limit orders which is what we are using in the SIM Challenge. As a side note, I have found that AMP Futures MT5/CQG fills faster than NinjaTrader/CQG on SIM & live accounts.

OK, I understand it is just entertainment, but the way you are SIM trading could easily be just gaming the simulator engine - and people may think they can duplicate these results with a real account, when quite possibly they cannot.

Thanked by:

icedfrosty 
Dallas/Texas/US

kevinkdog View Post
OK, I understand it is just entertainment, but the way you are SIM trading could easily be just gaming the simulator engine - and people may think they can duplicate these results with a real account, when quite possibly they cannot.

Maybe we are taking advantage of a loophole in the simulator accounts...I hope nobody will see what we are sharing using SIM accounts and think it is a good idea to try this on a live account...if they do...they will quickly experience significant losses.

Perhaps, "look beyond the spoon"....

...why are two experienced traders using SIM for a trading challenge...perhaps everyone who is wanting to learn a new trading strategy should start trading in a SIM account

...why have two experienced traders blown their SIM accounts after a few short days...perhaps they lacked Risk Controls as part of the Challenge...perhaps everyone wanting to learn a new trading strategy can now see the value of incorporating Risk Controls...even in SIM...

maybe...just maybe...people reading this thread will learn how to trade their own trading strategy that fits their personality...all the while being entertained by two experienced traders engaged in a trading challenge...

Key Takeaway - No matter how experienced you are...never trade without predefined Risk Controls

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

icedfrosty View Post
Maybe we are taking advantage of a loophole in the simulator accounts...I hope nobody will see what we are sharing using SIM accounts and think it is a good idea to try this on a live account...if they do...they will quickly experience significant losses.

Perhaps, "look beyond the spoon"....

...why are two experienced traders using SIM for a trading challenge...perhaps everyone who is wanting to learn a new trading strategy should start trading in a SIM account

...why have two experienced traders blown their SIM accounts after a few short days...perhaps they lacked Risk Controls as part of the Challenge...perhaps everyone wanting to learn a new trading strategy can now see the value of incorporating Risk Controls...even in SIM...

maybe...just maybe...people reading this thread will learn how to trade their own trading strategy that fits their personality...all the while being entertained by two experienced traders...

Key Takeaway - No matter how experienced you are...never trade without predefined Risk Controls

You and your Mom have definitely proven how difficult the Challenge is, notwithstanding the possible help you may (or may not) be getting from the simulator.

And that is a good thing - you are showing how difficult trading is!

Too many people enter trading thinking triple or quadruple annual returns are possible, with little or no risk.

When you swing for the fences, you tend to strike out a lot.

I hope many new traders read your thread, and realize how dang difficult trading really is!

58LesPaul 
Owensboro, KY

Platform: TradingView
Trading: ES/NQ
Thanks Given: 197
Thanks Received: 101

Is this not your strategy when trading live? If not, care to give us an idea of your live trading strategy?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

icedfrosty 
Dallas/Texas/US

58LesPaul View Post
Is this not your strategy when trading live? If not, care to give us an idea of your live trading strategy?

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

My mom trades using "extreme scalping" on her live accounts....just not this "hot".

I trade several strategies live with setups like breakouts, fades, pullbacks (Zombie), and reversion (HalfLife). Most trades I scale-in...either quickly or slowly....more details later in the challenge.

Example Breakout & Pullback (multiple add-ons) from Jun 24 11:50am EST:

Example Breakout (multiple scalps) from Jun 28 9:30am EST:

Thanked by:
 timendaGain 
New York, NY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES MES
Thanks Given: 149
Thanks Received: 235

icedfrosty View Post
Below is a sample from June 8:

Thanks for posting @icedfrosty. What time zone are you in and do the times in the order list match up with your timezone or the exchange? I tried to find the time and price on a chart of MNQ 06-21 but unfortunately they don't match. I'm using the 4th and 3rd from last columns as I'm assuming that those times and price are the execution(fill) prices. I tried several 1 hour intervals after the times ( I'm in UTC-4, NYC ). Nothing matches.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

icedfrosty 
Dallas/Texas/US

timendaGain View Post
Thanks for posting @icedfrosty. What time zone are you in and do the times in the order list match up with your timezone or the exchange? I tried to find the time and price on a chart of MNQ 06-21 but unfortunately they don't match. I'm using the 4th and 3rd from last columns as I'm assuming that those times and price are the execution(fill) prices. I tried several 1 hour intervals after the times ( I'm in UTC-4, NYC ). Nothing matches.

I don’t know what AMP Futures uses for their timezone but 13:30 is 9:30am EST on the chart.

icedfrosty 
Dallas/Texas/US

Day 1, I took 7 round trip trades of MNQ for a total gain of 47.13% over the starting account balance.

My Starting Balance: $10,000
My Ending Balance: $14,731

10.81 average tick gain per contract with total gain volume of 875 contracts (commissions included)

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 5, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts