NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one VirtualMark with 30 posts (23 thanks)
    2. looks_two ApexTraderFunding with 26 posts (25 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Baudo with 24 posts (65 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Howard Roark with 22 posts (76 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Merkd1904 with 7.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Howard Roark with 3.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Baudo with 2.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 124,752 views
    2. thumb_up 552 thanks given
    3. group 87 followers
    1. forum 326 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

mariafp
Annecy, France

Thanks Given: 144
Thanks Received: 92

tr8d3r View Post
TopStep and E2T gives you real account straight after you passed your evaluation. Apex also setting you up with real account after 3 months.

Well, you are maybe going to think I am terribly pedantic but I don't believe this is quite right, actually.

It may just be a little out of date.

I think TopStep no longer give you a real account straight away, now: they keep you on a demo one until they decide you are ready to be moved.

E2T give you a choice of which you want: sim with payout for one more "round", or live right away.

With Apex ... ach: I don't even want to talk about Apex. Increasingly there are payment problems there, and I begrudge them the publicity.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Footprint for strategy Builder
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Funded Trader platforms
68 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Trading with Intuition
15 thanks
The Trading Pit "Futures VIP" Account Journal
15 thanks
VirtualMark
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 74

josh View Post
It looks very fake. Well, "fake" may not be the word, more like, "scammy" and clearly a pay-to-play site.

1. See "Brokers --> Value-added services". It's a classic "we'll 'legitimize' you as a broker if you pay us." It's the kind of site that pops up when you search for "best skateboard" and see several "top 10" sites. It's effectively an advertisement.

2. Their name is "The Financial Commission". lol.

3. They have a NYC phone number, a Hong Kong PLC address and a London trademark address. Not exactly red flags, but, not exactly inspiring my confidence in anything.

4. See "Our Members." Ever heard of any of them? I haven't. Maybe you have. Shrug.

5. Do an ICANN lookup on the domain. Private GoDaddy registration. Some companies (like topstep, atf, etc.) may themselves have private registrations. But why would a .org, "for the public" kind of service have a private registration?

Ok some good points.

I dug a little further and looked up "Finacom Management Ltd" which is their UK address. Listed on companies house as a dormant company, and you can see the names of the people who own it.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09948250

Looks very dodgy to me.

Thanked by:
 planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 314

VirtualMark View Post
I've been reading reviews of Apex, and one of the negative ones pointed out that they have been put on a warning list by the Financial Commission. This sounds really bad, can anyone shed any light on this or what it means?

Apparently due to a high number of complaints against them as far as I know.

https://financialcommission.org/warning-list/

For some reason the actual Apex page on there comes up in Russian, but the translation says about fraud and deception against traders! Anyone know what this is about?

https://financialcommission.org/ru/2022/05/23/scam-alert-apex-trader-funding-added-to-warning-list/

That financial commission website is a fake. It's basically like a Trustpilot and they extort companies to remove bad reviews. On their about page it says "The Financial Commission is not a governmental regulatory body and does not purport to be. It is not licensed by any regulator."

Apex is one of the largest futures prop firms, so it's no surprise that some people have bad experiences, most traders lose money. Pull up TrustPilot and even the most reputable companies in the world will have some number of 1 stars.

The fake part about the website is that it's designed to appear like it is a government entity. It's similar to when I first registered my trading company LLC. There was tons of official looking mail for paying fees for registering the business, posters, etc. The envelopes, company names, everything were made to look and fool people into thinking it was from the State or IRS. But actually it was just a bunch of private scammy businesses scraping new company registrations and trying to fool people into paying like $500 to be listed on their "directory website" that no one has ever heard of.

Thanked by:
VirtualMark

planetkill View Post
That financial commission website is a fake. It's basically like a Trustpilot and they extort companies to remove bad reviews. On their about page it says "The Financial Commission is not a governmental regulatory body and does not purport to be. It is not licensed by any regulator."

Apex is one of the largest futures prop firms, so it's no surprise that some people have bad experiences, most traders lose money. Pull up TrustPilot and even the most reputable companies in the world will have some number of 1 stars.

The fake part about the website is that it's designed to appear like it is a government entity. It's similar to when I first registered my trading company LLC. There was tons of official looking mail for paying fees for registering the business, posters, etc. The envelopes, company names, everything were made to look and fool people into thinking it was from the State or IRS. But actually it was just a bunch of private scammy businesses scraping new company registrations and trying to fool people into paying like $500 to be listed on their "directory website" that no one has ever heard of.

I think what worries me with Apex and the bad reviews, is that they actively ban people and close their accounts for leaving them. They also fight to get any bad reviews taken down on Trustpilot. You can view this by looking through their stats on there, they've had hundreds of bad ones removed.

And the good ones look suspicious too. There's a ton by people with just a single review, and they do it because they're apparently over the moon by being allowed to buy an account lol. These aren't people that have been paid out, they are giving a 5 star review merely for the honour of being allowed to buy an Apex account.

Personally, when I write a 5 star review it's because that company has done something above and beyond. I don't jump on Trustpilot and write a good review for a shop after I bought a chocolate bar and some milk in there.

So overall it just feels like they're trying to cover something up. I might be wrong, but by the looks of their rules, they basically have any reason they choose to deny you a payout. And they accept no responsibility if there are problems with the trading software, you have to accept these conditions to trade with them.

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 493
Thanks Received: 296

VirtualMark View Post
I think what worries me with Apex and the bad reviews, is that they actively ban people and close their accounts for leaving them. They also fight to get any bad reviews taken down on Trustpilot. You can view this by looking through their stats on there, they've had hundreds of bad ones removed.

And the good ones look suspicious too. There's a ton by people with just a single review, and they do it because they're apparently over the moon by being allowed to buy an account lol. These aren't people that have been paid out, they are giving a 5 star review merely for the honour of being allowed to buy an Apex account.

Personally, when I write a 5 star review it's because that company has done something above and beyond. I don't jump on Trustpilot and write a good review for a shop after I bought a chocolate bar and some milk in there.

So overall it just feels like they're trying to cover something up. I might be wrong, but by the looks of their rules, they basically have any reason they choose to deny you a payout. And they accept no responsibility if there are problems with the trading software, you have to accept these conditions to trade with them.

Not sure how relevant this is, but by looking at this information from Reddit, Apex seems to be extremely hard to pass their evaluations:

https://www.reddit.com/r/options/comments/1848ldi/apex_trader_funding_is_a_scam/

(Please delete my post if I broke any rules regarding posting public links here. Thank you.)

jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader / Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Futures / 0dte
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 67

lightsun47 View Post
Not sure how relevant this is, but by looking at this information from Reddit, Apex seems to be extremely hard to pass their evaluations:

https://www.reddit.com/r/options/comments/1848ldi/apex_trader_funding_is_a_scam/

(Please delete my post if I broke any rules regarding posting public links here. Thank you.)

Passing any simulation prop firm challenge is tough, the live drawdown on apex doesn't help it. I think there are 100s of people here (myself included) that have passed their evaluation, however. So it is difficult but not impossible

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
VirtualMark

jlabtrades View Post
Passing any simulation prop firm challenge is tough, the live drawdown on apex doesn't help it. I think there are 100s of people here (myself included) that have passed their evaluation, however. So it is difficult but not impossible

Yeah the trick is just to size down and take your time with it. Easy to pass with smaller size.

The problems start when people overleverage, go +$1500 in a trade then let it come back down. Then have a loser next, and suddenly they've blown the account and blame Apex.

That being said, their drawdown is pretty awful. EOD makes a lot more sense to me. You can blow an Apex account without losing a single penny due to their drawdown. You can even blow it and still be profitable. Clearly the rule is just there to trip people up and give Apex more subscription fees.

Last Updated on May 7, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts