NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Can I connect Tradestation to Interactive Brokers?


Discussion in TradeStation

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kevinkdog with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two chancee with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 elitecamper with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 qsceszwasdx with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 9,968 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 11 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 chancee 
atlanta, georgia, usa
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: tradestation
Trading: futures
Posts: 8 since Jul 2015
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello everyone, I just wanted to check and see if anyone knows how I can send trades from Tradestation to Interactive Brokers? The only way I've heard about is through some method involving Ninjatrader, but I don't have Ninjatrader and it doesn't work with the free version. Thanks for any help. -Chance


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489

Tradestation to Multicharts to Interactive Brokers is an alternative.

Also, Tradestation Global (NOT same platform as standard Tradestation) can do this.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 chancee 
atlanta, georgia, usa
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: tradestation
Trading: futures
Posts: 8 since Jul 2015
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1


Thanks.... but I don't have Multicharts either. Last night I found something called IBPlugin made by Trade Commander. I think I'm going to go with that. It looks like it may be the easiest route. It has sort of an API that works behind the scenes which enables you to just include snippets of their easy language code in your strategy designating that your order gets send to your IB account. It's 79 Euros a year. I'm going to try it out.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


chancee View Post
Thanks.... but I don't have Multicharts either. Last night I found something called IBPlugin made by Trade Commander. I think I'm going to go with that. It looks like it may be the easiest route. It has sort of an API that works behind the scenes which enables you to just include snippets of their easy language code in your strategy designating that your order gets send to your IB account. It's 79 Euros a year. I'm going to try it out.

I'd be curious how it works out. Please keep everyone informed.

Kevin


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 chancee 
atlanta, georgia, usa
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: tradestation
Trading: futures
Posts: 8 since Jul 2015
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Will do.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 elitecamper 
McAllen, TX
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts, Jigsaw
Broker: Ironbeam
Trading: ES, ZN, ZB, ZF
Posts: 106 since May 2013
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 138

With Tradestation Global you can use Tradestation with Interactive Brokers.

Here is the link: https://www.tradestation-international.com/global/


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


elitecamper View Post
With Tradestation Global you can use Tradestation with Interactive Brokers.

Here is the link: https://www.tradestation-international.com/global/

100% correct. Problem is Tradestation Global does not work with the standard Tradestation 9.5/10.0 platform for backtesting.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #8 (permalink)
jefflitt
Darien, CT
 
Posts: 1 since Mar 2021
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0


kevinkdog View Post
Tradestation to Multicharts to Interactive Brokers is an alternative.

Also, Tradestation Global (NOT same platform as standard Tradestation) can do this.

Hey Kevin - Have you found a preference between the two (MC or NT)? I am looking send automated, intraday trades across a basket of 100 ETF's to move from TS to IB, and potentially into multiple IB accounts. I have not been able to differentiate between the two


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


jefflitt View Post
Hey Kevin - Have you found a preference between the two (MC or NT)? I am looking send automated, intraday trades across a basket of 100 ETF's to move from TS to IB, and potentially into multiple IB accounts. I have not been able to differentiate between the two

I use both, but not with IB. Both approaches work well.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)
Antares66
Berlin+Germany
 
Posts: 58 since Jan 2020
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 41



elitecamper View Post
With Tradestation Global you can use Tradestation with Interactive Brokers.

Here is the link: https://www.tradestation-international.com/global/

What is the benefit using Tradestation with Interactive Brokers. Is it because of Tradestation´s trading platform?
Is it good for future trading? Currently i´m using Motivewave with IB and dxfeed.
Does Tradestation offer real tick charts?
You would have to pay a higher commission if using Tradestation and IB instead of using IB only.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on May 22, 2026


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts