NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Can I use CQG data feed in the Trading Simulation Mode?


Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,971 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Regis767 
Palmdale, California
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Amp Futures
Trading: Futures
Posts: 12 since Oct 2021
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 15

Hi, I already have a CQG feed going to AMP Futures, but have not traded yet. Setting up my Sierra Charts, I have Trading Simulation Mode as "ON". I am practicing Sim Trading, but the Message Box, during some wild volatility came up with 'exceed margin' messages. I made a good initial trade on the down side, but duplicated a Sell that I couldn't get rid of until I was 5.5 ticks out. I was still up $175 for the Day and AMP Futures showed no change to my account.

My question is, if I have CQG hooked up as a feed, the account is not 'Live' yet, right? It is still in Simulation mode, but not using Sierra Chart's Trading Evaluator, correct?

Thank You.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
bradhouser
Northern California where the girls are warm
 
Posts: 125 since Nov 2010
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 72

There is Trade Simulation Mode and Live Simulation. If Trade Sim mode is enabled, then the application itself, is acting as the broker, simulating all order message activity. In Live Simulation the Sim mode is disabled, and you connect to a live exchange that uses either real money or "paper" money. Sierra Chart doesn't care. It sounds like you were using Live Sim mode.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 Regis767 
Palmdale, California
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Amp Futures
Trading: Futures
Posts: 12 since Oct 2021
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 15


Thank You, Brad. Indeed, the Trade Sim mode was enabled, but... Since I was using CQG feed, the 'simulated trades' were actually directed to AMP Futures and were traded as live. I found this out the next day, when I logged into AMP and saw that I was up $117.56. AMP doesn't post till the next day. So now, I've followed the directions on Sierra Charts and using their feed. Lesson learned on that one and again, thanks for your thoughts on this.

Cheers,

Regis


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on January 16, 2022


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts