NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Requesting assistance with Programming Strat


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,052 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
TheManWithNoPlan's Avatar
 TheManWithNoPlan 
Chicago, Illinois
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradingview, Tradestation
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures, Options
Posts: 28 since Mar 2022
Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 23

Hey Everyone I am trying to program rob smiths the strat (my interpretation of it at least) into easy language as a strategy so that I can automate it. I have had good success with manually trading it and want to automate but am running into a couple issues getting it automated. I will include what I have so far at the bottom.

Issue 1 it is closing on the same bar it opens the trade

Issue 2 is the stop does not seem to be being hit ever not sure if it is due to issue 1

for background on what I am trying to accomplish, I want to buy the current candle if it breaks the high of the previous candle and to place a stop at the low of the previous candle, it would then trail the stop to each previous candle low until stopped out. If I could get it to also have a user defined ema filter (such as only take long entries if above say a 50 ema) even better.

here is what I have so far.



[IntrabarOrderGeneration = True]

Condition1 = High > High of 1 bar ago;

if Condition1 then
Buy ( "Buy" ) at next bar market ;

if Condition1 Then Setstoploss at (Low of 1 bar ago) ;


Any help is greatly appreciated, as I don't see anything in documentation that suggests what I put in should be behaving like this.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
TheManWithNoPlan's Avatar
 TheManWithNoPlan 
Chicago, Illinois
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradingview, Tradestation
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures, Options
Posts: 28 since Mar 2022
Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 23

WOW. So I found the issue, and it is really dumb lol. I had the opposite as another strategy to close longs, and I had a > instead of a < for the low operator. lol.


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on May 27, 2022


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts