NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is anything better than order flow?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one RickM with 10 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two trymph with 10 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Cools81 with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HiLatencyTRDR HLT with 5 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 21.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two FuturesTrader71 with 8.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RickM with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 HiLatencyTRDR HLT with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 30,342 views
    2. thumb_up 240 thanks given
    3. group 619 followers
    1. forum 113 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Search this Thread

Is anything better than order flow?

trymph 
chicago us

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 50

RickM View Post
Hi Bruce

You need just to see values. (I use data values set at 10 Seconds average) on a Speed Dial or in a footprint totals.
The idea is we need to see when a big move is happening in real time, not half in one candle and the other half in another candle.
So I trade when the Delta explodes as long as the Volume also is strong.

But really, follow Long Delta if the Sellers have excess orders sitting on the chart and its easily an imbalance.

Time to have a DOM sitting on your charts.

Cheers

Thanks Rick

Agree REAL TIME tone is everything . I need to figure out how to configure NT on the 10 sec avg; I do have the FootPrint V2 plug-in (thx mk77ch!). I also keep a DOM on my desktop to trade and watch bid/ask but I dont believe depth of market due to Icebergs; Gemify figured out how to show # contracts traded @ price in quantity beyond the posted bid/ask quantities off time/sales as an add-in on an adjacent column to NT8 conventional DOM; presumably is real time iceberging trades. To me trades talk quotes can walk.

Pilots could never fly without real-time instrument on their dash

Happy 4th......dont get caught last man standing in a tsunami: //youtu.be/r0ladY1kwco

Sometimes just plain wrong turn the card over and just ffnnn buy em <g>
Bruce

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

trymph 
chicago us

El Duderino View Post
Greetings, all.

Scalping Education ? [AUTOLINK]Depth of Market[/AUTOLINK] Trading

And BAM! There it was. Or rather, there it wasn't. Because Alberto, the proprietor of the site--and YouTube channel of the same name--had discarded the guts of the conventional DOM and just used price, volume at price, volume imbalance at price, and cumulative volume delta to trade. Basically, price and a few volume variants.

For me, it's the ultimate KISS, as applied to reading the market in the moment.

Of course, that's just me.

At any rate, I pass this on to the community. Maybe it will float your boat, maybe not. I've emailed back and forth with Alberto several times and he has responded to my questions and comments with unfailing patience, courtesy and, I feel, generosity of spirit. And whereas previously I clenched my buttocks mightily when working the ES using order flow, I now sit calmly and even hazard a smile while using Alberto's approach.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Thanks Dude^erino

Agreed........its all about the trades; Trades talk; spoofing, sniping, Iceberging loading the book with timed orders; ect can walk. As old as the paid shill at even the most respectable auction houses. As a matter of fact there are data feeds out there that reward executions with faster time/sales but those can be done with 1 lot orders.

Trades talk spoofs walk

Thanks Dude
KISS^es back at you
Bruce

bob314159 
boulder, colorado

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: emini's
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 63

I looked at the link, Scalping etc., and it's all in Italian. Is there and english version?

bob314159 
boulder, colorado

On YouTube, I see this: [yt]https://www.youtube.com/@FormazioneTrading[/yt]

zt379 
UK London
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NT
Thanks Given: 1,590
Thanks Received: 2,002

bob314159 View Post
I looked at the link, Scalping etc., and it's all in Italian. Is there and english version?

see my badly drawn red arrow

bob314159 
boulder, colorado

Aha. Thanks.

El Duderino 
Newark, NJ

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw daytradr
Broker: Optimus Futures
Trading: Futures (ES)
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 12

I should point out that the Scalping Education YouTube videos referenced in my post should be viewed in chronological order. The first four or so videos give the substance of the approach. The later videos are more experimental and show Alberto seeing how far he can take the minimal DOM concept.

Ironically, the DOM being used does not display depth of market data, as only price and volume are utilized. I've attached a screen shot of my version of Alberto's non-DOM DOM for reference.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2023-07-02_203333011.png
Views:	87
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	333312  
 bob314159 
boulder, colorado

The YouTube video's only show price in the DOM moving up and down. Perhaps entries and exits are show, but not clearly. Is there an explanation somewhere of what he is doing, how he is making entry and exit decisions? (No answer from Alberto).

El Duderino 
Newark, NJ

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw daytradr
Broker: Optimus Futures
Trading: Futures (ES)
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 12

Be sure to view the videos in chronological order. The early ones show the whole DOM, the later ones are more experimental. For an explanation of what you're seeing, you can contact Alberto from his web site.

trymph 
chicago us

El Duderino View Post
I should point out that the Scalping Education YouTube videos referenced in my post should be viewed in chronological order. The first four or so videos give the substance of the approach. The later videos are more experimental and show Alberto seeing how far he can take the minimal DOM concept.

Ironically, the DOM being used does not display depth of market data, as only price and volume are utilized. I've attached a screen shot of my version of Alberto's non-DOM DOM for reference.

Thanks Dude

I can see in your pic and Alberto's vids, his evolution to just the outline of the volume @PRICE level; same as in the vids, best being the 21 minute one from 12/22 then the next later adding what I presume is RED/BLUE histogram for Delta? I really liked watching his trades in the 21 minute vid as the volume was changing the picture of what looks like a high rise city skyline tallest buildings (greatest volumes) the high rent district; a bit like watching time lapse changes of a city's urban downtown evolution over the years. What is most interesting is the concept of resetting all the data to start fresh before each new trade setup. Really makes for getting an in the moment feel for what's happening with supply/demand and price doesnt even matter as the bid/ask moves up and down the DOM. I'll need some screentime to get the "feel" but scalping for ticks with a quick in/out and counting em up end of day=KISS. Each trade is a new fresh data picture of the skyline. I can remember we used to kid a friend that he lived in a house "that teenies built"; they add up.

Unfortunately, after Alberto's addition of the presumably colored histogram Deltas, everything gets too unfocused on my screen to watch his picks for trade levels' entry/exits in the following vids. But great fresh look on real time setups visually in the moment.

Thanks

Last Updated on September 12, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts