NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





MultiCharts in Cloud


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one TankerDerbent with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two syswizard with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 spiral2001 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 JayceNugent with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,844 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 5 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
TankerDerbent
Rostov-na-Donu
 
Posts: 2 since Mar 2017
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi everyone.
What do you think about new MC service - Skydesks?


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
JayceNugent
Madrid Spain
 
Posts: 4 since Apr 2011
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Very interesting! I have a VPS that I run TradeStation on... I only have a few strategies running but it only cost me about $20 a month. I might have to upgrade if I have more strategies running at the same time though.

I will be migrating to MultiCharts eventually as I progress but I believe the VPS requirements will be only a little bit more. Please someone correct me if I am wrong!

Still $20/mo is a lot cheaper than $69/mo


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
syswizard's Avatar
 syswizard 
Philadelphia PA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: Ironbeam, Rithmic
Trading: Emini ES / NQ / CL / RTY / YM / BTC
Posts: 344 since Jan 2019
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 146


No thanks....when real money is on the line in the Emini futures market, I am paranoid about: cloud-based computing, wireless connections.
MC desktop has proven to be rock-solid with no crashes in over 2 years.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
TankerDerbent
Rostov-na-Donu
 
Posts: 2 since Mar 2017
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Almost everything has moved to cloud now and it really has a lot of benefits. I used to have issues with electricity and VPS was really helpful within that period.
I also thought that it could help those who are travelling or install application on several PCs/laptops and always have to copy-paste the setup and data somehow.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
spiral2001
vancouver
 
Posts: 2 since Jan 2011
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

We've tried MC14 and its bad. It's not able to run > 60 charts with 10 years of data. its like more then half of the charts will hang there. So we were forced to downgrade back to MC12. I think MC12 is rock solid not MC14


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 
syswizard's Avatar
 syswizard 
Philadelphia PA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: Ironbeam, Rithmic
Trading: Emini ES / NQ / CL / RTY / YM / BTC
Posts: 344 since Jan 2019
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 146


spiral2001 View Post
We've tried MC14 and its bad. It's not able to run > 60 charts with 10 years of data. its like more then half of the charts will hang there. So we were forced to downgrade back to MC12. I think MC12 is rock solid not MC14

Have you mentioned this to MC tech support ?
Have you tried to elevate the execution priority of MC from Normal to High ?
Which datafeed are you using ?


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on September 24, 2022


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts