NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 44 posts (252 thanks)
    2. looks_two trymph with 29 posts (29 thanks)
    3. looks_3 brettji with 20 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Alinghy with 14 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 5.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trymph with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 brettji with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 zt379 with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 69,075 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 123 followers
    1. forum 210 posts
    2. attach_file 102 attachments

Search this Thread

FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8

trymph 
chicago us

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 51

zt379 View Post
@mk22ch
<snip>
It was plotting the white specs which I take it are bar POCS but it didn't have the option in settings.

So following your last post I removed and deleted the indicator and re-downloaded version 2023.08.28 which does have the bar POC in settings.....

Many thanks

Hi zt...........ditto on thanks to Mike as always

I watched some of "overflows" youtube vids and think that Mike's add on does what I'm after but very enthusiastic on using orderflow; in particular delta on a bar x bar @ price level basis.

Similar to your latest image post and in "overflow's" vids, I would so much prefer to see POC on the right side of each bar at price rather than on the Profile's (Custom) right margin default per the previous Footprint V2 version. POC on a bar x bar basis seems to interfere with imbalance markers which I use via NT8's "volumetric" data series because I prefer 1 to 1 calculation and dont think imbalance as a %age calculation of total volume of the bar serves my purposes. (see below link for my reasons if interested)

As I have a bad habit of trying to make something better and ruining what I have so far..........
Maybe this is for either Mike or yourself but do you guys think the newest Footprint V2 allow for POC on each bar without interfering with the NT8 Volumetric Data Series imbalances?

Thanks and regards to all; great product Mike!!

Is anything better than order flow? - NexusFi

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
19 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
12 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks
 zt379 
UK London
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NT
Thanks Given: 1,596
Thanks Received: 2,009

trymph View Post
Hi zt...........ditto on thanks to Mike as always

I would so much prefer to see POC on the right side of each bar at price rather than on the Profile's (Custom) right margin default per the previous Footprint V2 version. POC on a bar x bar basis seems to interfere with imbalance markers which I use via NT8's "volumetric" data series because I prefer 1 to 1 calculation and dont think imbalance as a %age calculation of total volume of the bar serves my purposes. (see below link for my reasons if interested)

Maybe this is for either Mike or yourself but do you guys think the newest Footprint V2 allow for POC on each bar without interfering with the NT8 Volumetric Data Series imbalances?

@trymph

Hi.

If it helps here's a screen shot of NT Volumetric with @mk77ch FootprintV2 added to the same chart.

The yellow markers to the right of each bar are NT's bar POC's

re:
Quoting 
do you guys think the newest Footprint V2 allow for POC on each bar without interfering with the NT8 Volumetric Data Series imbalances?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding ?
The imbalances are the aqua/magenta coloured numbers (?)

if so and if you mean visually interfering then they don't get interfered with by the FootprintV2 bar POC's.

Hope this helps

Thanked by:

trymph 
chicago us

zt379 View Post
@trymph

Hi.

If it helps here's a screen shot of NT Volumetric with @mk77ch FootprintV2 added to the same chart.

re:
if so and if you mean visually interfering then they don't get interfered with by the FootprintV2 bar POC's.
Hope this helps

It does help and since you showed yours here's mine <g> Yes I too overlayed Mike's Footprint with NT8's Volumetric; BUT only because I prefer the imbalance calculation method of NT sans %age of the whole. So it looks like the bar/price POC is well worth adding to this combo and I guess I'll just have to risk the imbalance thing (black markers in the bars without any gradiation of color) I just want to see the imbalances which I think more important that POC if I had to choose. After all arent we trying to sus out what a floor trader knew from being there to hear and feel the market; rhetorical. NOT to mention peeking over the floor brokers' shoulders to see his deck<g> AND lean on it for scratches........buy the bid sell the offer.....LOL

Thanks for your insights and as always Mike's great contributions

MrTrader 
ITAJAI SC/BRAZIL

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: Clear Corretora
Trading: DOLFUT, WINFUT
Thanks Given: 1,321
Thanks Received: 226

zt379 View Post
@trymph

Hi.

re:

Hope this helps

Interesting!
May I ask you to share a template file of the chart? Volumetric+FootprintV2 only

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

trymph 
chicago us

MrTrader View Post
Interesting!
May I ask you to share a template file of the chart? Volumetric+FootprintV2 only

I'd gladly share that template but hell if I can find where they are stored in the Ninja directory. I wonder if found would it include the Data Series settings also anyway as Mike's footprint is within the volumetric chart and its respective indicator settings. Let me know where to find that chart's template info within the Ninja directory.

I wanted to get back to you b4 dinner across the pond<g>

Regards

zt379 
UK London
Legendary Market Wizard

@trymph

Quoting 
I would so much prefer to see POC on the right side of each bar at price rather than on the Profile's (Custom) right margin default per the previous Footprint V2 version.

The latest version does plot POC per bar.

Thanked by:
 zt379 
UK London
Legendary Market Wizard

MrTrader View Post
Interesting!

@MrTrader

Chart Template attached. NT Volumetric with FootprintV2:

As @trymph mentioned you'll still need to select Volumetric in Data Series and what ever settings Minute/Vol/Tick chart etc and then load the attached chart template.

Regardless of the attached chart template you can also just open a Volumetric chart and then add the FootprintV2 indicator.

Personally I prefer the FootprintV2 I think it's great. (not with standing the odd additional Opacity setting here and there lol). The NT Volumetric visuals give me a bit of a headache.

Enjoy

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Example_1 NT Volumetric + FootprintV2.xml
Thanked by:

trymph 
chicago us

zt379 View Post
@MrTrader

As @trymph mentioned you'll still need to select Volumetric in Data Series and what ever settings Minute/Vol/Tick chart etc and then load the attached chart template.

Regardless of the attached chart template you can also just open a Volumetric chart and then add the FootprintV2 indicator.

Enjoy

Understood @Mike's genius.........I set the Data Series then added Mike's Footprint and the Volumetric; each as indicators to the data series chart settings. But I think the chart base itself is a volumetric with the footprint all on a 1 minute chart. Still, hell if I can find where Ninja stores the *.xml template files to send you. BTW here's an interesting stacked imbalance from earlier: <black square markers>

Have a great TGIF
Regards

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Data_Series_Volumetric.PNG
Views:	54
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	335078  
Thanked by:

trymph 
chicago us

zt379 View Post
@MrTrader

Enjoy

Finally figured out/remembered that the templates are in documents under Ninja 8 directory. geeze.....

Anyway I cant seem to make that Bar POC show up on mine. Is the template "example" you posted the one that has POC showing? If not will you post the one that you showed POC with the arrows please #166?

Thanks in advance
Regards

zt379 
UK London
Legendary Market Wizard

trymph View Post
Finally figured out/remembered that the templates are in documents under Ninja 8 directory. geeze.....

Anyway I cant seem to make that Bar POC show up on mine. Is the template "example" you posted the one that has POC showing? If not will you post the one that you showed POC with the arrows please #166?

Thanks in advance
Regards

@trymph

Hello.

The white coloured bar POC's in post 166 are from the FootprintV2 indicator. They are covered over by NT's Volumetric yellow coloured bar POC's in the template I posted at post 167.

To show NT Volumetric POC's you need "Show Volume " ticked in Volumetric Data Series settings.

If you want to only see the white FootprintV2 indicator bar POC's then just load that indicator onto a chart that isn't a NT volumetric footprint chart and have "POC on Bar Chart" ticked in indicator settings.

Hope that helps

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 2, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts