NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

APEX 300K+: The Journey

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mewddsltd with 167 posts (315 thanks)
    2. looks_two injpowwetrust with 166 posts (373 thanks)
    3. looks_3 DowDaddy with 17 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OttoBlink with 11 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one injpowwetrust with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mewddsltd with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 OttoBlink with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 DowDaddy with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 54,173 views
    2. thumb_up 863 thanks given
    3. group 939 followers
    1. forum 434 posts
    2. attach_file 364 attachments

Search this Thread

APEX 300K+: The Journey

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,263
Thanks Received: 419

@anuproy thank you !
@mewddsltd thank you, love the recommendation and breakdown! Any chance I can get the export of your ADL-DC/OBV-M-CD?

04.26.2023 - [Day 28/100] - PASS : [[Day 3][Day2]] - 4 accounts : +$900; 1 : +$900 : [Day 2/20] - FAIL

I woke up late, missed the flushed. I did place a trade on the small pullback wick going short. I was aiming for a breakdown. I don't know how I would rate this trade. I was able to hold it for 9 ticks. For sure going short at around 7:14 AM PST instead of 7:25 AM PST would of be much better.

I wasn't able to keep my one trade a day lol. I came back and saw the run up and price had bounce of the 60 ema. This was the setup I should of waited for. I jumped right in, and had a very tight stop loss. It ran for +42 ticks. I was actually moving my t/p up to 4103 (61.8% fib), but the rush up was too fast.

I need to be more patient and take more trades like my trade 2. I think I fall for trade 1 too often, but you know days like yesterday, trend days mess with your head.

Hope everyone had a solid day! Good Luck!

hot damn! that bounce from 50 to 78.6 fib haha!

Screenshot 2023-04-26 084539

04.26.2023_charts

Stay safe, stay green friends!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04.26.2023.png
Views:	39
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	331246  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Funded Trader platforms
65 thanks
Trading with Intuition
16 thanks
Self sabotage reframed
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
14 thanks
Joes Trading Garage
13 thanks

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 338

@injpowwetrust
.. see you installed Sup/Dem indicator .. that should make your life a little easier .. and more consistent ..
.. consider adding indicator ColorRegions to remind you of the optimal time to trade .. you can find one on the NinjaTrader Ecosystem .. look for Color Regions .. created by gubbar924
.. you can also find an indicator with 5-EMA that you can click a button to see/remove .. also on NinjaTrade Ecosystem .. look for ema toggle example .. created by NinjaTrader_Kate

started APEX 25K eval account the other day .. mostly to develop/test the spreadsheet that has been shared .. here are the results shown in the spreadsheet after this AM's trades

let me get home so can export the OBVM-CD indicator for you .. will send via DM .. or maybe load it into the download section and be part of the indicator challenge .. the OBV-M-CD can be a bit early but I would look for trades consistent with the 200MA ..

HxEval.fw

you don't have to be the first one at the party .. just be part of the party ..

Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

the OBVM-CD I created can be downloaded here ..

you owe me dinner at Scoma's at the wharf or Pacific Cafe out on Geary .. haha

Thanked by:

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

@mewddsltd thank you! haha, I got you. Scoma's for sure.
- Sup/Dem indicator is amazing, helps out a lot.
- ColorRegions: added it and decided to remove it, I know I wont stick to it so ehh....
- 5-EMA is cool, but the default colors would come back when I toggle on and off. I didn't bother with editing the code, I don't see myself removing ema's unless I want a cleaner
chart to annotate on.

04.26.2023 - [Day 28/100] - FAIL: [[Day 4][Day3]] - 4 accounts : +$2039 | $3639/$3000 ; 1 account: +$1600 | $2500/$3000: [Day 3/20] - FAIL

Well I reach the 3k on four of my apex accounts. I did break a lot of rules today. It started off pretty good, I was in control and aware of how I was trading. Around trade 3-5, not only did my laptop froze but my orders were still in play even though I had exited. I didn't check ugh. When I came around to closing everything, I saw that RTP has 3 of my account still active with orders. A nice fat -$400 when I exited. I did place a loss limit on the RTP, but it was on the accounts I blew up last week. I never got around to doing on these new 5. Either way, I did get frustrated and did some more trading. I did turn off max contract size on GAT. I sized up pretty big on a decent trade which got me out of the hole. I know I should of taken the L today and walked away. I keep failing and giving into not following my rules.

Trade 1: LONG: bad trade, averaged down and got out small green.
Trade 1-2: bad trade, between trade 1-2 I had mini trades that eventually ate through my profits from trade one. I kept reversing my position. I shouldn't have jumped the gun.
Trade 2: LONG: good trade, this was the trade I should of waited for. It went for 18 ticks. I was up $800, thought I was done, orders didn't all execute on RTP even though it was sold on NT
Trade 3: LONG/SHORT: First trade was long, I was about to sell, laptop froze. Restarted my laptop, down -$500. S/L got hit. After restarting, I went short, +13 ticks : +700
Trade 4: LONG/SHORT: Some more bad rush trades, I got chop and made some money. Overall, I probably lost more in dollar than gain if you include fees.
Trade 5: SHORT : I held some short, small position looking for a breakdown. It didn't happen sold for $-100 loss. S/L hit.
Trade 6: LONG : size up a lot. I went long 30 and then added, for a total of 90 /mes. I need to stop doing this.

Alright, tomorrow I will get back to doing "one trade" a day. I got up in my feelings and I need to stop myself.

Hope everyone did better today! Good Luck!

Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust

the OBVM indicator was built around uniformity in bars .. think you will get better results if you move the indicator to a chart with RENKO bars ..

.. you don't have to be the first one at the party .. just be part of the party ..
Thanked by:

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Gotcha ya! thanks, moved it over to Renko. Hope you did well today!

mewddsltd View Post
@injpowwetrust

the OBVM indicator was built around uniformity in bars .. think you will get better results if you move the indicator to a chart with RENKO bars ..

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

04.26.2023 - [Day 29/100] - PASS: [[Day 5][Day 4]] - 4 accounts : +$57 | $3696/$3000 ; 1 account: +$57 | $2557/$3000: [Day 3/20] - FAIL

I trade well today. I had some sad news later in the day yesterday, a few of my collogues got let go. I did not sleep well, had some nightmares relating to work. I wasn't able to stick to one trade a day. However I was able to keep myself from moving my entry s/l and took the L on one trade pretty well. Something I didn't do yesterday.

Trade 1 : went short 1 /mes -> add 1 more /mes -> hit t/p +18 tick
Trade 2 : went short again 1 /mes -> add 1 more /mes -> breakdown didn't happen, got out 1 contract at break even, other contract small loss. Maybe I could of exited sooner for some gain? I don't know
Trade 3 : went long, 1 /mes -> add 1 more /mes -> hit t/p +18 tick

I wasn't the first to the party, but I made to the party and I was able to focus on building good habits. I did not let Trade #2 tilt me.

Hope ya'll made some green this week!

Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust

good job .. you made 36 ticks?? .. that is huge .. switch to ^ES and you made a lot of money ..

the OBV indicator looks a lot more accurate on the 9-RENKO chart ..

.. you don't have to be the first one at the party .. just be part of the party ..
Thanked by:

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

05.01.2023 - [Day 30/100] - PASS: [[Day 6][Day 5]] - 4 accounts : +$61 | $3757/$3000 ; 1 account: +$61 | $2618/$3000: [Day 4/20] - FAIL

Today was 50/50, went 4W - 4L . I wasn't able to keep to 1 trade a day, first trade fell short of reaching my T/P at 18 ticks. It stopped around 13 ticks, price hit a wall and fell down. I still don't know how I feel about letting it hit breakeven. The good thing today was I was able to keep my emotions in check. I even took a 30 min break in between. I did however jump into the party a bit fast after the break. I could of waited a bit, caught 2 L, but I was on the right trend. I didn't my stop loss, didn't touch GAT or RTP settings. DLL is set to $200. I stuck with max size of 2 /mes. Today, was a good habit building day.

Hope everyone had a solid month of April. Lets kill it this month!

05.01.2023_double

05.01.2023_markers

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust .. have you seen the double-smoothed stochastics indicator posted by @fattails .. the explanation re: the indicator states it is smoother and generates more setup signals .. of course, my nature was to modify it so the appearance was more in line with the other indicators on my chart.. my adaptation of the indicator can be seen in the attached image ..

ES 06-23 (8 BetterRenko) 2023_05_02 (7_18_42 AM)

@fattails indicator can be found here

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 2, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts