NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

New NinjaTrader

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 46 posts (120 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 17 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rgeholt with 13 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 9 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 23 thanks per post
    2. looks_two serialcoder with 11.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 7.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 55,967 views
    2. thumb_up 536 thanks given
    3. group 1,100 followers
    1. forum 282 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

New NinjaTrader

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

aligator View Post
Thank you. Wow! this link must be so new since no one in Support staff knew about or mentioned it only a few days ago after several pages of posts and e-mails.

However, this link is nowhere to be found on NinjaTrader.com/Support for many people struggling with the same situation. Perhaps making this link public on your website and your Forum under "News and Announcements" would help all whom do not wish upgrading to NT8.1 at this time.

A question please: Does upgrading to NT8.1 desktop impact custom indicators and workspaces? If so, huge time and money invetments in custom features over years would become useless.

Thanks.

Hello,

We have this publicly available through our chatbot, it is one of the main options upon opening entitled "Required Update for Desktop Users".

In addition, we have and will be running some announcements in the platform with this link as we approach the 6/23/23 deadline.

Lastly, to confirm, saved workspaces & add-ons will not be impacted by this upgrade.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
19 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
12 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

NinjaTrader View Post
Hello,

We have this publicly available through our chatbot, it is one of the main options upon opening entitled "Required Update for Desktop Users".

In addition, we have and will be running some announcements in the platform with this link as we approach the 6/23/23 deadline.

Lastly, to confirm, saved workspaces & add-ons will not be impacted by this upgrade.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Is this still a mandatory upgrade?? I was told differently by one of your tech support reps in an email. I downloaded the previous version and it's working fine.
Please confirm that your brokerage clients DO NOT have to upgrade.

Site Sponsor

phantomtrader View Post
Is this still a mandatory upgrade?? I was told differently by one of your tech support reps in an email. I downloaded the previous version and it's working fine.
Please confirm that your brokerage clients DO NOT have to upgrade.

Hello,

All NinjaTrader Desktop users must update by June 23rd, 2023 to avoid any interruption in service, regardless of brokerage.

CQG/Continuum is updating their SSL Security Certificates, and any version that does not have the correct certificate will be unable to connect to CQG/Continuum for live market data and order routing after that date.

All workspaces, add-ons, etc are unaffected and you do not have to upgrade to the newer 8.1 Desktop release, you can choose from 7, 8.0 or 8.1.

Hope this clarifies, thanks.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.

Site Sponsor

IsaacBillion View Post
Hi Ray.

Thank you for participating in this forum. This is most helpful to contact you directly.

I, Isaac , am a NinjaTrader Life time multibroker licensed user. I am a software developer also and I have a few requests from you regarding the future of NT as it seems right now.
  1. I've searched the new Released notes and didn't find a reference to the option to activate our own private strategies from the web/cloud. Only ref for ATM strategies which are in
    BETA. I think it will be MAJOR upgrade if we all can activate strategies + indicators from server side (in Chicago) thus no need anymore for VPS/personal cloud via Amazon/Azure.
    I think you can enable this as a motivator to transfer activity to your brokerage if you enable it for NT brokerage users.
  2. When you're developing your path to be a brokerage , please don't remove in the "brokerage" version of NT also the support for OTHER brokers , because currently you are the
    only system that can be developed via c# to ANY (at least many) brokers , so please don't be like TD/IBKR who have their own platform only for them.
  3. Please also put efforts to upgrade NT to .net Core 7. I know it's a lot of effort but NT using C#5 and now we are in C#12 and MOST important , with .net core you can install it in
    ANY platform (Win/Mac/Linux etc).
  4. Thank you for all your work you've done in the past 20 Years. Really appreciate it!

Isaac.

Hello Isaac,

Thank you for the post.

We appreciate the feedback and will share with our product team.

Thank you for being part of NinjaTrader!

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

NinjaTrader View Post
Hello,

All NinjaTrader Desktop users must update by June 23rd, 2023 to avoid any interruption in service, regardless of brokerage.

CQG/Continuum is updating their SSL Security Certificates, and any version that does not have the correct certificate will be unable to connect to CQG/Continuum for live market data and order routing after that date.

All workspaces, add-ons, etc are unaffected and you do not have to upgrade to the newer 8.1 Desktop release, you can choose from 7, 8.0 or 8.1.

This is what I received from your support - please explain:

Yes, you can continue to use version 8.0.28.0 as this the required version for users that would like to continue using NinjaTrader 8.0 as opposed to 8.1.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Christopher J.
NinjaTrader Client Services

Risk Disclosure: Futures, foreign currency and options trading involves substantial risk and is not appropriate for everyone.

This communication is sent from NinjaTrader Brokerage, a CFTC registered introducing broker (NFA #339976) providing industry leading support and technology for futures traders.

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

NinjaTrader View Post
Hello,

I just received another response from your support:

If you are interested in continuing to use NinjaTrader 8.0 the required update will be to version 8.0.28.0 and you are not required to upgrade to version 8.1.

Our Development Team made all required changes to version 8.1.1.6, 8.0.28.0 and 7.0.1000.43 so all users can continue using the platform they are comfortable with currently.

Sincerely,
Christopher J.

Risk Disclosure: Futures, foreign currency and options trading involves substantial risk and is not appropriate for everyone.

This communication is sent from NinjaTrader Brokerage, a CFTC registered introducing broker (NFA #339976) providing industry leading support and technology for futures traders.

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,996

NinjaTrader View Post
Hello,

Thank you Ray,

Seems the above blue and red lines are contradictory:

Blue line makes update manadatory for "ALL Descktop users by June 23." So, what do I need to update to keep using Desktop TN8.0? Can we assume this only concerns Desktop users with CQG?

The red line says "you do not have to upgrade to newer 8.1"

Many thanks.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Site Sponsor

phantomtrader View Post
I just received another response from your support:

If you are interested in continuing to use NinjaTrader 8.0 the required update will be to version 8.0.28.0 and you are not required to upgrade to version 8.1.

Our Development Team made all required changes to version 8.1.1.6, 8.0.28.0 and 7.0.1000.43 so all users can continue using the platform they are comfortable with currently.

Sincerely,
Christopher J.

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion.

8.0.28 has the required certificate, so users on that version already have the needed upgrade to ensure connectivity and therefore do not need to upgrade. For those who wish to remain on 8.0, users of 8.0.27 and below need to update to 8.0.28 prior to 6/23/23 to avoid any interruption in service.

For more information please see here - Required Update For [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Desktop Users

Thank you.

Thanked by:

Site Sponsor

aligator View Post
Thank you Ray,

Seems the above blue and red lines are contradictory:

Blue line makes update manadatory for "ALL Descktop users by June 23." So, what do I need to update to keep using Desktop TN8.0? Can we assume this only concerns Desktop users with CQG?

The red line says "you do not have to upgrade to newer 8.1"

Many thanks.

Hello,

This is for users of CQG/Continuum only, correct. If you are using the following versions:
  • 7.0.1000.42 or older
  • 8.0.27.1 or older
  • 8.1.1.3 or older

You must upgrade to the corresponding version with the correct certificate by 6/23/23 to continue to connect to CQG/Continuum. These are accessible here.

Hope this helps.

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

NinjaTrader View Post
Hello,

Apologies for the confusion.

8.0.28 has the required certificate, so users on that version already have the needed upgrade to ensure connectivity and therefore do not need to upgrade. For those who wish to remain on 8.0, users of 8.0.27 and below need to update to 8.0.28 prior to 6/23/23 to avoid any interruption in service.

For more information please see here - Required Update For [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Desktop Users

Thank you.

Thanks.

Last Updated on July 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts