NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

New NinjaTrader

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 46 posts (120 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 17 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rgeholt with 13 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 9 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 23 thanks per post
    2. looks_two serialcoder with 11.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 7.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 55,418 views
    2. thumb_up 536 thanks given
    3. group 1,100 followers
    1. forum 282 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

New NinjaTrader

momumtumfollower 
Burlington, ON, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Ninja Trade has it limitations!

I bought NT multibrokers license back in early 2020. It doesn't allow my Rithmic AMP login credentials to connect to data feed. I am told firmly and unfriendly that I have to use Ninjatrader's own brokerage which so limited here in Canada. Interactive Broker is a choice for me. But, IB does not have a good tick data. GFF is another broker that is available for me. however, they charge very high commissions compare to AMP. NT won't even give me a chance to pay more money to upgrade my license to be able to connect to Rithmic. Here is one more problem, I purchased lots of other NT indicators. Those paid indicators became useless without data real time data connection.

phantomtrader View Post
I upgraded today and it has more bugs than a bug farm. I had to work with the tech from the company I work with to get it straightened out. I finally went back to an older version.
I wrote an email to Ninja support that IT SHOULD NOT BE MANDATORY until they work out all the bugs.
This happens EVERY TIME they do an upgrade.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

momumtumfollower View Post

I bought NT multibrokers license back in early 2020. It doesn't allow my Rithmic AMP login credentials to connect to data feed. I am told firmly and unfriendly that I have to use Ninjatrader's own brokerage which so limited here in Canada. Interactive Broker is a choice for me. But, IB does not have a good tick data. GFF is another broker that is available for me. however, they charge very high commissions compare to AMP. NT won't even give me a chance to pay more money to upgrade my license to be able to connect to Rithmic. Here is one more problem, I purchased lots of other NT indicators. Those paid indicators became useless without data real time data connection.

We sent you a DM to see if we may be able to assist.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 TP10 
Vancouver, Canada

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradingView,
Trading: Futures, Forex
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 43

IQ feed with IB as a broker will work. Also you can use Rithmic as data feed and IB as a broker. GFF are actually great. In Ontario you have a choice of 2 clearing FCMs and one is cheaper. Still more than AMP but not by that much.

I would avoid the nightmare of Interactive Brokers and work with Gff.

regards

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,176
Thanks Received: 6,020

... Interactive Broker is a choice for me. But, IB does not have a good tick data. ...

You can subscribe to a third party data provider such as DTN IQ Feed to do your charting and still execute on IB.

Thanked by:
 TP10 
Vancouver, Canada

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradingView,
Trading: Futures, Forex
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 43

trendisyourfriend View Post
You can subscribe to a third party data provider such as DTN IQ Feed to do your charting and still execute on IB.

what are Rancho Dinero's profiling tools?
IB with IQ Feed and Nt8 is a solid choice. A bit pricy ...but likely the best for the tick data and cheep comissions.

Thanked by:

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,176
Thanks Received: 6,020

TP10 View Post
what are Rancho Dinero's profiling tools?
IB with IQ Feed and Nt8 is a solid choice. A bit pricy ...but likely the best for the tick data and cheep comissions.

I edited my profile to remove this reference to Rancho Dinero's profiling tools. I am still using some of them because i bought them when i started trading with Ninjatrader when Ninjatrader was pretty slim but since then there have been many competitors who provide the same thing if not better tools.

Thanked by:
 Liberty88 
Chicago, USA

Platform: Ninja. trying Sierra...
Broker: Ninja, Stage 5 for Sierra
Trading: Futures: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 46

phantomtrader View Post
I upgraded today and it has more bugs than a bug farm. I had to work with the tech from the company I work with to get it straightened out. I finally went back to an older version.
I wrote an email to Ninja support that IT SHOULD NOT BE MANDATORY until they work out all the bugs.
This happens EVERY TIME they do an upgrade.

Hello phantomtrader,

Please tell us, which version did you upgrade FROM and TO?
And which version did you revert back to?

I am on NT version 8.0.27.1
Later in June, I will have to upgrade to 8.0.28.0 as I use CQG/Continuum data feed.

Thank You

cmelody
Zaanstad, Netherlands

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 8

I was disappointed in the new Ninja version. It broke all my workspaces and I had to rebuild them. I am getting tired of Ninja updates, and things breaking. I spent a lot of time but got everything working once again, but this is a waste of time doing this when upgrades break things. At the same time, the platform now requires you to log in manually with username and password (I can see automation guys getting pissed). Ninja needs to learn something from Sierra, just keep the platform stable....

Thanked by:
ATLTrader
Boston

Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 15

Liberty88 View Post
Hello phantomtrader,

Please tell us, which version did you upgrade FROM and TO?
And which version did you revert back to?

I am on NT version 8.0.27.1
Later in June, I will have to upgrade to 8.0.28.0 as I use CQG/Continuum data feed.

Thank You

There is no difference between 27.1 and 28.0 except for the certificate that allows you to connect...
That is a safe upgrade path,,, Previous versions of NT8 before 27.1 require database updates which can be problematic...

No matter what anyone else says here about 8.1.X.X, I work with NT8 every single day with multiple users and it still has "issues"..
They may not have arisen for you yet but they will... My suggestion would be do NOT upgrade until Ninjatrader can go 6 months without a hot fix...
Thus far, they haven't made it 30 days... That doesn't really sound like a place I'd put my risk capital on the line...

Incidentally, I am on 8.0.26.1 because I find the database much more stable and reliable... I solved the certificate problem by just replacing the certificate...

No upgrade of any kind required for me..

Thanked by:
 Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 801
Thanks Received: 1,193

ATLTrader View Post
I solved the certificate problem by just replacing the certificate...

How would I do that? Thx.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on July 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts