NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

New NinjaTrader

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 46 posts (120 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 17 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rgeholt with 13 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 9 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 23 thanks per post
    2. looks_two serialcoder with 11.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 7.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 55,327 views
    2. thumb_up 536 thanks given
    3. group 1,100 followers
    1. forum 282 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

New NinjaTrader

ATLTrader
Boston

Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 15

Mich62 View Post
How would I do that? Thx.

You will have to Private Message me... The 1980 rules about limiting my private messages until I have 5 forum posts are getting in the way...

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

Liberty88 View Post
Hello phantomtrader,

Please tell us, which version did you upgrade FROM and TO?
And which version did you revert back to?

I am on NT version 8.0.27.1
Later in June, I will have to upgrade to 8.0.28.0 as I use CQG/Continuum data feed.

Thank You

I went back to 8.0.28.0 64 bit.

Donkey
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Anyone else a have blank trade performance window after the update? Accounts/strategies/etc under filters are all empty and there's no results showing any trades.

ATLTrader
Boston

Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 15

Donkey View Post
Anyone else a have blank trade performance window after the update? Accounts/strategies/etc under filters are all empty and there's no results showing any trades.

From the last 3 sets of release notes it appears Ninjatrader can't get their hands around the Trade Performance Report issue..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_488.png
Views:	58
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	332446  
Donkey
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

ATLTrader View Post
From the last 3 sets of release notes it appears Ninjatrader can't get their hands around the Trade Performance Report issue..

Yeah hopefully they can figure it out soon. I guess I'll have to send them my logs in hopes that it helps them figure it out.

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,994

phantomtrader View Post
I went back to 8.0.28.0 64 bit.

I have a live key and can't even download 8.0.28 to upgrade from 8.0.27.1 without going through the new 8.1 quick sand. NinjaTrader does not seem to be bothered with the mess they have created.

Could you perhaps attach the downloaded NT8.0.28.0 zip file here?

Thanks.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

aligator View Post
I have a live key and can't even download 8.0.28 to upgrade from 8.0.27.1 without going through the new 8.1 quick sand. NinjaTrader does not seem to be bothered with the mess they have created.

Thanks.

Hello,

A NinjaTrader user account is not needed for the required update.

Please see here for links to download and install your required update - Required Update For [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Desktop Users

Thank you.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 IsaacBillion 
Tel Aviv Israel

Platform: NT8 TOS TV
Trading: Futures Stocks
Thanks Given: 216
Thanks Received: 5

NinjaTrader View Post
Thanks for your candid feedback.

- Yes, NinjaTrader Web and Mobile and good parts of the brokerage account dashboard come from Tradovate
- I can't comment on the lack of support specific to Tradovate but I will pass this along to make sure its addressed
- NinjaTrader customer support staff have been training up on Web and Mobile, we are about to expand our support forum to include Web and Mobile categories so we can deliver the same level of support that you have grown accustomed to with the NinjaTrader platform over the past 20 years
- Web is an important part of our growth plans for the future so rest assured, we are committed to its development
- Technically Tradovate community indicators work on the NinjaTrader branded version but I will check to see if they are accessible, that I don't know, good question
- Brian is employed at NinjaTrader and sits on our executive team, the lead developer Victor has become our Chief Architect. They care, there deliverables just changed. In any case, as mentioned above, I will check into the support side of the house

Hopes this helps provide clarity for you.

Ray

Hi Ray.

Thank you for participating in this forum. This is most helpful to contact you directly.

I, Isaac , am a NinjaTrader Life time multibroker licensed user. I am a software developer also and I have a few requests from you regarding the future of NT as it seems right now.
  1. I've searched the new Released notes and didn't find a reference to the option to activate our own private strategies from the web/cloud. Only ref for ATM strategies which are in
    BETA. I think it will be MAJOR upgrade if we all can activate strategies + indicators from server side (in Chicago) thus no need anymore for VPS/personal cloud via Amazon/Azure.
    I think you can enable this as a motivator to transfer activity to your brokerage if you enable it for NT brokerage users.
  2. When you're developing your path to be a brokerage , please don't remove in the "brokerage" version of NT also the support for OTHER brokers , because currently you are the
    only system that can be developed via c# to ANY (at least many) brokers , so please don't be like TD/IBKR who have their own platform only for them.
  3. Please also put efforts to upgrade NT to .net Core 7. I know it's a lot of effort but NT using C#5 and now we are in C#12 and MOST important , with .net core you can install it in
    ANY platform (Win/Mac/Linux etc).
  4. Thank you for all your work you've done in the past 20 Years. Really appreciate it!

Isaac.

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,994

NinjaTrader View Post
Hello,

A NinjaTrader user account is not needed for the required update.

Please see here for links to download and install your required update - Required Update For [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Desktop Users

Thank you.

Thank you. Wow! this link must be so new since no one in Support staff knew about or mentioned it only a few days ago after several pages of posts and e-mails.

However, this link is nowhere to be found on NinjaTrader.com/Support for many people struggling with the same situation. Perhaps making this link public on your website and your Forum under "News and Announcements" would help all whom do not wish upgrading to NT8.1 at this time.

A question please: Does upgrading to NT8.1 desktop impact custom indicators and workspaces? If so, huge time and money invetments in custom features over years would become useless.

Thanks.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

aligator View Post

Thanks.

I tried to attach it but I think the file is too large.

If you have a brokerage account, it's easy to download previous versions after you login. Just hit "Download" and the other versions will come up.
Or you could contact support and ask them to give you a link to the previous version.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts