NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Add an indicator in an indicator

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bicou with 6 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two trendisyourfriend with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 erwinbeckers with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 1,716 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 11 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Add an indicator in an indicator

erwinbeckers   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 32

Quoting 
I fully understand that at only 279 euros per indicator and due to the large number of indicators you offer for sale, you do not provide programming support but a simple example per indicator where you specify everything that the 'we can recover by code would have been welcome and a lot better seller for beginners like me.

we already gave that a shot. We had some free open-source auto-strategies up on our site demonstrating how to use a particular indicator in an automated strategy. We made it clear that these were just basic examples to help folks get started with the coding, and that we wouldn't be able to offer any programming assistance to them. But we still got bombarded with emails every day from people freaking out because they lacked coding knowledge and demanded that we create the automated strategy they wanted. Long story short, we had to remove those examples from the website.

trendisyourfriend View Post
Don't you provide the public method's names which can be called when using your indicators? I think this was the main point.

That's not really needed. All you gotta know is how to make a new instance and then you can use the indicator's plots. It's actually pretty easy to get this info, and I'll explain how in a sec.
Just so you know, other vendors aren't giving out this info either. Why? Because it's not really necessary.

Anyway, I recommend using the NinjaTrader databox to study the plot values and find what you need. I use it all the time and it's a great way to check out plots from third-party indicators.
We do have descriptions of plot values for most of our indicators on our site, but sometimes it's just easier to see them on your own chart.

Now, if you wanna make a new instance for ANY indicator in your script:

1) Use Visual Studio. It's got intellisense and will show you how to create a new instance of each indicator.
2) Or make a basic strategy with the NinjaScript Strategy Builder. It doesn't have to do much, but when you add the indicator to it (just add some bogus rule which uses one of the indicator plots), it'll generate the code for you on how to create an instance of it.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
19 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks
bicou
Paris france

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Even though my answer might seem ironic, I totally confirm that I understand your business strategy. I only find it a pity that each indicator is not accompanied by an example of use.
I also wanted to thank you for your tip with the strategy builder because even that I hadn't thought of.

Last Updated on March 25, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts