Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Motivewave/Optimus Flow
Broker: Optimus/ AMP/ Ironbeam
Trading: es nq
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 57

I would like to leave a positive review for a service that has helped me with some very long-running challenges with my trading. My only affiliation with this vendor is as a client.

I trade futures, primarily equity index futures (NQ) and have been in the trading world off-and-on for the past 20 years but focused specifically on futures for the past 6’ish years.
I have struggled with maintaining the patience and discipline to execute my plan, like many of us. I’ve read the trading psychology books, Douglas and Steenbarger and Tendler. I found good helpful stuff in all three. I know my plan works, have a lot of data to back this up, but could not make myself trade according to the plan. Of course, I blamed my lack of discipline and willpower and other negative personality traits, but the problems persisted. I can’t express how frustrating all this was…and how inexplicable I found my behavior. Why couldn’t I just execute the plan???

I had thought about finding a psychologist to work with but could not imagine working with someone that did not understand trading. I didn’t want to have to explain trading to the professional helping me fix my trading problems, so I never pursued this. Then I came across a psychologist that works specifically with traders and pulled the trigger, contacted him, and had some sessions.

Zvi at Whole Brain Trading (you can find him on a web search) helped me immensely. I entered into the sessions with a bit of skepticism, but also feeling desperate enough to keep an open mind and see how this developed. I won’t go into the details of how Zvi works, but my work with him has been a game-changer. It is NOT an overnight fix, at least not for me, but I feel like I have the tools and understanding now to continue to develop and grow on the immediate improvement I did see after just a couple sessions.

I highly recommend anyone that is struggling with issues like mine to seek out some help. I don’t think I could have ever done this without some guidance. Zvi is a great choice.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Brendt Skorupinsky
Trading Reviews and Vendors
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Topstep experience and review
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Pivot Indicator based on Level2 data
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
145 thanks
1 Minute Man
64 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
36 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
31 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
25 thanks

JMAL 
Houston Texas

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 155

I too struggle with similar troubles, but at the end of day I think it all broils down to "just do it". One of my big troubles with trading is not accepting I was wrong and letting my trade go early. I have been working on fixing that by not moving my Stop no matter! I think when one struggles with something only real pain will change your ways.

Follow your Plan
wBobby
Santa Clara, California

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 21

For anyone on a budget I recommend anything by Brett Steenbarger, but particularly "Trading Psychology 2.0" and "The Daily Trading Coach" -full of practical tips and deep insights. They've been my go-to texts over the years. He also has a blog/website with a lot of really great free stuff.

Last Updated on June 13, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts