NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ACD trading By Mark Fisher

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 195 posts (185 thanks)
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 92 posts (261 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sysot1t with 21 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 forrestang with 20 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one silver99 with 4.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 dandxg with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 357,488 views
    2. thumb_up 599 thanks given
    3. group 119 followers
    1. forum 541 posts
    2. attach_file 163 attachments

Search this Thread

ACD trading By Mark Fisher

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

mfbreakout View Post
01-25-2012 pre open

Mid day 01-25-2012

Cover 98.64.

Contrary to common misconception, trading CL requires lot of PATIENCE.

98.50 breaks, 98 area becomes next target and so on.
Or CL may just trade within a box- till THIRD FORCE shows up- if it does at all. BIG BEN may turn out to THIRD FORCE today when he speaks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-01-25_1151_mid_day.png
Views:	165
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	60565  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
Mid day 01-25-2012

Cover 98.64.

Contrary to common misconception, trading CL requires lot of PATIENCE.

98.50 breaks, 98 area becomes next target and so on.
Or CL may just trade within a box- till THIRD FORCE shows up- if it does at all. BIG BEN may turn out to THIRD FORCE today when he speaks.

Well THIRD FORCE showed up and RISK ON TRADE was ON as DXY sold off and everything ripped up. I had a couple of longs and shorts in between. Here is chart of last trade for short into 100.40

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2012-01-25_1330_opc.png
Views:	182
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	60575   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-01-25_1345_MP.png
Views:	171
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	60576  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
Well THIRD FORCE showed up and RISK ON TRADE was ON as DXY sold off and everything ripped up. I had a couple of longs and shorts in between. Here is chart of last trade for short into 100.40

BIG BEN was speaking but 99.20 level still HELD. long 99.28 out 99.72.

Done for the day. Those 40 ticks gains add up.

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

@ mfbreakout:

I very much appreciate your posts. Why don't you start your own journal explaining your method ? I think it would be one of the best journals in this forum and one of the few that I would regularly follow!

However, may I ask you to change the way you present your charts? They are really awful. The price bars are tiny and close to invisible. The red box covers a large part of the (compressed) chart, and red letters on a white background are not easy to read as well. It would be fantastic, if you were willing to separate chart and comments, and post charts with larger price bars. Also you could embed the chart in the text for easier viewing?

I have never made a similar comment on this forum. I just think that what you write is worth reading. But I often watch myself clicking away your posts, because I cannot decipher them. So please do not feel insulted by this request, I have written this in order to read more of your stuff more easily.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Fat Tails View Post
@ mfbreakout:

I very much appreciate your posts. Why don't you start your own journal explaining your method ? I think it would be one of the best journals in this forum and one of the few that I would regularly follow!

However, may I ask you to change the way you present your charts? They are really awful. The price bars are tiny and close to invisible. The red box covers a large part of the (compressed) chart, and red letters on a white background are not easy to read as well. It would be fantastic, if you were willing to separate chart and comments, and post charts with larger price bars. Also you could embed the chart in the text for easier viewing?

I have never made a similar comment on this forum. I just think that what you write is worth reading. But I often watch myself clicking away your posts, because I cannot decipher them. So please do not feel insulted by this request, I have written this in order to read more of your stuff more easily.

Haha, me 2... I would like that as well...

Rad4633 
Greensboro NC

Platform: TOS/ NT Dorman
Trading: ES TF CL
Thanks Given: 2,657
Thanks Received: 894

Fat Tails View Post
@ mfbreakout:

I spoke to you once before about applying the ACD to my setup, as of a few days ago Im adding it in and testing. I know your logic works, but your charts are a bit hard to read and follow. But ur much better than I'd be at doing this
Either way thanks for your thread!!!!!!

In closing I watched Mark Fisher in a video recently, he said something that stuck.. With his ACD method he compared it to this... A guy walks in to a bar looking for a woman. he's got $40 in his pocket, He connects with a girl walks up to her small talk buys her a drink, it cost $8, he's only got $32 left to find a winner. So he reads her quick if its a home run he stays on with her. If not move on to the next bc you don't want to be wasting your time on a loser go for the winners

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Fat Tails View Post
@ mfbreakout:

I was ready to stop posting the charts as whole idea was to find some like minded traders- seemed like no one is reading them. I will appreciate if other traders also post 3 charts a day- pre open, mid day and end of day, so we can all learn. Trading from home office without like minded traders is tough.

I will start a separate thread and will improve charts. As far as price bars go, i do not look at price bars. They are all blackened out for that reason. But, i will try to improve them by having a separate box for notes, color etc..
Key are the levels I post pre open like today support: 97.76-97.36 and resistance+ 100.23-100.36.

I am so used to my charts that it may take a few tries and feedback to get them right.

Thanks for the Input. Also, what should new thread be called? looking for recommendations.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Rad4633 View Post
I spoke to you once before about applying the ACD to my setup, as of a few days ago Im adding it in and testing. I know your logic works, but your charts are a bit hard to read and follow. But ur much better than I'd be at doing this
Either way thanks for your thread!!!!!!

In closing I watched Mark Fisher in a video recently, he said something that stuck.. With his ACD method he compared it to this... A guy walks in to a bar looking for a woman. he's got $40 in his pocket, He connects with a girl walks up to her small talk buys her a drink, it cost $8, he's only got $32 left to find a winner. So he reads her quick if its a home run he stays on with her. If not move on to the next bc you don't want to be wasting your time on a loser go for the winners

Yes, I must have watched those videos 10 times. Every time, I watch Mark Fisher, I can see that he can put any trader in the world under the table in 10 minutes in a head to head match. His firm still is largest broker of natural gas and crude oil.

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Hi FT,

Here is my attempt to improve chart. Let me know how it looks. If i need to add anything etc.. I am not sure what embed the chart in the text for easier viewing means?

My charts should enlarge once clicked.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2012-01-25_0024_test.png
Views:	238
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	60641  
Thanked by:

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

mfbreakout View Post
Hi FT,

Here is my attempt to improve chart. Let me know how it looks. If i need to add anything etc.. I am not sure what embed the chart in the text for easier viewing means?

My charts should enlarge once clicked.

The chart is cleaner, but still difficult to read. If I look at a chart, I basically want to compare it to my own charts, so I watch out for the date and the resolution of the chart. Both is invisible.... The time axis values and the price values are so small that I can barely read them on my screen. It is not impossible to look at your charts, it is just difficult.

Where do you get you daily support and resistance values from? How did you integrate the pivot range into your trading?

I had located support around 97.82 - 97.93 and resistance around 99.96 - 100.40, see second chart.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts