NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Level 1 and 2 from Zen Fire dropping messages


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Xeno with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 aslan with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 RJay with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 3,415 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 7 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Xeno 
UK
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus/Zen
Trading: Futures - bonds, currencies, index
Posts: 288 since Oct 2010
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 274

Hello,

I'm getting level 1 messages missing in my live Zen Fire Feed in Ninja 7-23. I wanted to run it past you guys to see if you see it the same way I do. It's quite regular, and is the same scenario every time. Two L2 messages close together, same price, slightly different volume, then a L1 message but only for the second L2 message:

e.g. (all times GMT)

 
Code
L2: Instrument='ES 12-10 Globex' Type=Bid MM='' Operation=Update Pos=0 Price=1189.5 Volume=890 Time=18/11/2010 12:44:06
L2: Instrument='ES 12-10 Globex' Type=Bid MM='' Operation=Update Pos=0 Price=1189.5 Volume=893 Time=18/11/2010 12:44:06
L1: Instrument='ES 12-10 Globex' Type=Bid Price=1189.5 Volume=893 Time=18/11/2010 12:44:06
Maybe they're aggregated because they're close together and the second L2 replaces the first? Have I misunderstood what to expect?

thanks
Dave


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
RJay's Avatar
 RJay 
Hartford, CT. USA
 Vendor: www.innovative-trading-solutions-online.com 
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG, Kinetick
Trading: ES
Posts: 687 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 765
Thanks Received: 789



Xeno View Post
Hello,

I'm getting level 1 messages missing in my live Zen Fire Feed in Ninja 7-23. I wanted to run it past you guys to see if you see it the same way I do. It's quite regular, and is the same scenario every time. Two L2 messages close together, same price, slightly different volume, then a L1 message but only for the second L2 message:

e.g. (all times GMT)

 
Code
L2: Instrument='ES 12-10 Globex' Type=Bid MM='' Operation=Update Pos=0 Price=1189.5 Volume=890 Time=18/11/2010 12:44:06
L2: Instrument='ES 12-10 Globex' Type=Bid MM='' Operation=Update Pos=0 Price=1189.5 Volume=893 Time=18/11/2010 12:44:06
L1: Instrument='ES 12-10 Globex' Type=Bid Price=1189.5 Volume=893 Time=18/11/2010 12:44:06
Maybe they're aggregated because they're close together and the second L2 replaces the first? Have I misunderstood what to expect?

thanks
Dave


Dave,

Post the cs file here and I'll try to confirm.

RJay


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 Xeno 
UK
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus/Zen
Trading: Futures - bonds, currencies, index
Posts: 288 since Oct 2010
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 274

It's really simple.

Just:

protected override void OnMarketData(MarketDataEventArgs e)
{
Print("L1: "+e.ToString());
}
protected override void OnMarketDepth(MarketDepthEventArgs e)
{
Print("L2: "+e.ToString());

}


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590

I believe this has been covered already on:



Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 
aslan's Avatar
 aslan 
Madison, WI
Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: ALT
Trading: ES
Posts: 624 since Jan 2010
Thanks Given: 356
Thanks Received: 1,129

This does not sound like an issue to me. The L1 quotes are providing the best bid/ask, so dropping some quantity changes is not a big deal (to me), as you are getting what you need.

The L2 on the other hand is providing the order book, so you need to see the changes (though I suspect some of these changes might be compressed also). The L2 and L1 streams have duplicate info for best bid/ask, so you need to decide what you need and use it appropriately.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)
 Xeno 
UK
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus/Zen
Trading: Futures - bonds, currencies, index
Posts: 288 since Oct 2010
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 274


Big Mike View Post
I believe this has been covered already on:



Mike

Ah, thank you. I just joined recently so haven't got round to doing elite yet, but probably will soon.

regards
Dave


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)
 Xeno 
UK
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus/Zen
Trading: Futures - bonds, currencies, index
Posts: 288 since Oct 2010
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 274


aslan View Post
This does not sound like an issue to me. The L1 quotes are providing the best bid/ask, so dropping some quantity changes is not a big deal (to me), as you are getting what you need.

Agreed, it probably doesn't make much difference, however, if I don't know why it's happening I can't be reassured it won't happen for a more significant difference. I'd just like to know if it's deliberate, since I was under the impression that every change in Level 1 volume would generate a level 1 message on 'unfiltered' feeds (I'm connected to the latest, supposedly unfiltered Zen feed)

thanks for your input
Dave


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 18, 2010


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts