NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Psychological Reversed

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one rtrade with 6 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two trendisyourfriend with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trs3042 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 3,950 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 14 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Psychological Reversed

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,176
Thanks Received: 6,020

rtrade View Post

Sorry trends but I have disagree on the order of you reasoning. Repairing my mind is first, otherwise the technical frame work will be incorrect.

You can only correct things by using a point of reference. Without it you won't know what to change. Repairing your mind out of nothing will just add to your confusion. If as you wrote you consistently lose then just working on your mind won't help. A good frame of reference is a unified whole.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

rtrade 
Paradise, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Big Charts
Trading: E-mini, Forex, Futures, Equities, Options
Thanks Given: 578
Thanks Received: 378

trendisyourfriend View Post
You can only correct things by using a point of reference. Without it you won't know what to change. Repairing your mind out of nothing will just add to your confusion. If as you wrote you consistently lose then just working on your mind won't help. A good frame of reference is a unified whole.

Ok trend maybe I misunderstood you...let me use an example. Suppose I'm with my wife and we need to get to our destination...yes, we are driving my car, late as usual. Now, it seems every time we are in this situation, I refuse to take my wife's suggestion to stop and ask for direction....thus, every time, we are late.

So I have decided to change all that...which part is the frame of reference 1st? and which part is the working of the mind 2nd?

Admitting wanting to change is the first part of changing the mind or are you considering that the frame of reference?

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." --- "Therefore, I Believe it and I will see it. And every day and in every way, I am healthier, wealthier, and wiser."
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

rtrade 
Paradise, USA

Big Mike View Post
Picture yourself on the floor of the exchange for a moment, surrounded by trading peers. Now ask yourself how you stack up against these people:

- Capitalization
- Experience

hmm, budget trader vs Billionaire Trader
hmm, small town children little league baseball vs Professional Major League All Star Baseball

Big Mike View Post
So you need to position yourself, set yourself up for success from the beginning, before you ever place a trade.

Mike

Let the journey begin...

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." --- "Therefore, I Believe it and I will see it. And every day and in every way, I am healthier, wealthier, and wiser."

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,176
Thanks Received: 6,020

rtrade View Post
Ok trend maybe I misunderstood you...let me use an example. Suppose I'm with my wife and we need to get to our destination...yes, we are driving my car, late as usual. Now, it seems every time we are in this situation, I refuse to take my wife's suggestion to stop and ask for direction....thus, every time, we are late.

So I have decided to change all that...which part is the frame of reference 1st? and which part is the working of the mind 2nd?

Admitting wanting to change is the first part of changing the mind or are you considering that the frame of reference?

You know what rtrade, most comments are written quickly and i think it's very difficult to express what we really think in a few written words. My first language is french so although not an excuse most of the time i write in a very telegraphic manner. But other members here have said it very well before me and i think it's worth mentioning again, Mike has already said what i believe to be true and much better than i could ever do here. If you can practice what he wrote there than you should be able to change in a positive manner. Have a nice weekend.

rtrade 
Paradise, USA

....no worries Trend, your English is fine. Thanks for the reply and link.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 3, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts