NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Divergence indicator NT7 ?

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wwwingman with 13 posts (31 thanks)
    2. looks_two gisot with 5 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 dee50 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 2 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one wwwingman with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 trendisyourfriend with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gisot with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 21,743 views
    2. thumb_up 43 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 33 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Divergence indicator NT7 ?

gisot 
Milan, Italy

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, TWS
Trading: ES, Stocks
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 385
Thanks Received: 178

Thank you for your reply.
I apologize if I am coming back even after your "last thing" paragraph, but as per your kind suggestion I have asked a consultancy to a programmer, (I understand with very extensive NT programming experience), for modifying your popular divergence indicator, so that one can get trading signals executable into a the strategy wizard. Unfortunately the response I got has been that it was not worthwhile the effort since this indicator appears to repaint (I do not know exactly what this means, anyway I undertand this is supposed to be a problem) and any time one changes the chart timeframe it resets its oscillator input series back to the price input series. I would be really grateful if you could let me (and any other newbie possibly interested in this) know whether you think you may fix these issues, .... when you have a some spare time to dedicate at it. Alternatively if you know a programmer who could do these upgrades to your indicator wouold you please ask him/her to pm me for a quote.
Thank you. Best Regards.
guidoisot

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

wwwingman 
Paris, France

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SC, NT, ToS
Trading: CME & Eurex Futures
Thanks Given: 339
Thanks Received: 194

guidoisot View Post
Thank you for your reply.
...for modifying your popular divergence indicator, so that one can get trading signals executable into a the strategy wizard. Unfortunately the response I got has been that it was not worthwhile the effort since this indicator appears to repaint (I do not know exactly what this means, anyway I undertand this is supposed to be a problem)

@guidoisot

If you compute divergences while the bar is evolving, you need to accept that a divergence may occur ..and disappear.. before the bar is closed. Since we don't know how the bar will be closed when a signal occurs, we repaint over and over the divergence when we have a signal, or do not draw (erase it..) when it does not appear... This is called repainting.
However, if you set the compute on close to true, then the computation is done only once, on the close of the bar. And there is no repainting...

Again, ECIDiv was built for discretionary traders. And, at least "some of them" want the signal to be known as soon as possible because they see it as an advantage, not a issue or a problem ...
If you are not interested in repainting, simply set the compute on close to true.

Regarding time frame change... I have no problem with that. I do have the problem we talked about of Ninja not reloading properly the parameters when you reload a workspace you just closed without a reboot. Still need to contact Ninja about this in order to understand why the don't restore properly the parameters (it may be in my code, but ninja code does the save/restore .. not the study code).

-- W.

-- The rest is silence
Thanked by:
 mko1983 
Germany, Neu-Ulm

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

This is a great Indicator. Excatly what i´m looking for. :-)
Do you have a version for NT8?

wwwingman 
Paris, France

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SC, NT, ToS
Trading: CME & Eurex Futures
Thanks Given: 339
Thanks Received: 194

mko1983 View Post
Do you have a version for NT8?

No. But the code is Open Source, so you can change it (or give it to a programmer to change) in order to adapt it to Ninja 8.

Happy trading.

-- W

-- The rest is silence

Last Updated on March 12, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts