NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Market Based Stops


Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,296 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 sysot1t 
 
Posts: 1,173 since Nov 2009

I have been trading multiple markets lately... for both US and EU markets... I am struggling a bit with the stops across the markets, and here is why...

Let's say that I enter YM/ES/EMD/NQ at the same time based on my criteria like I did today at 10:20AM EST... if I manage all the trades based on my same stop management that calls for after the trade entry bar closes, move the stop to the open of the prior bar, and continue doing until you are stopped out... as the trade progresses, the stop tightens and I get stop out of some and not others.. it protects me, but it also forces me to miss run ups.. as an example, I am still on the NQ/EMD trade and got stopped out of ES/YM... I dont care so much YM given it has only moved 10 ticks since my stop and I BE, but ES move 3pts after my stop, even if I was profitable... and that is what I am mad about... maybe I should not trade all 4 at the same time, but I find it more profitable overall that way..

so the question is...

how do some of you manage your stops across multiple markets, assuming you are trading more than one market at the same time. Do you use the same stop management across all of them or do you adjust for volatility, range, etc. based on the specific market?

curious to hear some thoughts...


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks




Last Updated on January 12, 2011


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts