NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Silver in 2011

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 47 posts (30 thanks)
    2. looks_two whatnext with 45 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Donald with 36 posts (17 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MXASJ with 14 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one MXASJ with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two aquarian1 with 0.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 whatnext with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Donald with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 42,262 views
    2. thumb_up 103 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 184 posts
    2. attach_file 69 attachments

Search this Thread

Silver in 2011

rishi 
India

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ensign, Advanced Get
Trading: Index Futures
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 7

Don

Do you follow Turd Ferguson's blog (tfmetalsreport.blogspot)

He just posted this in the comments section a few minutes back.

Quoting 
THIS IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE.
This is friendly advice.
If you're trading, you should buy silver or agq RIGHT NOW.
Have you ever seen the gold and silver charts diverge like this before???
Silver is simply being suppressed into the Comex close because this is first notice day. Buy it now. I expect 49+ on the Globex and $50+ on Monday.
I may be wrong so do your own due diligence.

I am long in silver currently although I was planning to close my silver position and go long in Gold.
Decided to just hold.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Donald 
Gilford, ON, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT
Trading: NQ, ES
Thanks Given: 56
Thanks Received: 33

rishi View Post
Don

Do you follow Turd Ferguson's blog (tfmetalsreport.blogspot)

He just posted this in the comments section a few minutes back.

I am long in silver currently although I was planning to close my silver position and go long in Gold.
Decided to just hold.

I read Turd's blog yes, but do not following him. He's a bit out-of-pocket telling people to buy however, I notice he apologized for the overboard enthusiasm later. Good for him. I'm really getting fresh enjoyment each day following this silver story. Silver has people really involved and thinking about this economy, and just what is going on (anyway?). The last time group-think provided such intensity was when people tried to figure out the residential real estate market AFTER it crashed. The silver story it seems has divided people into camps, and there appears to be several of them. I'm in the camp with Ted Butler on the metal supply side of the story, and also with Eric Sprott's work. But then there's a geopolitical layer above that, even more fascinating. Which btw, having people like us with boots on the ground (so to speak) in India, and Asia, Canada and the rest of the world, in one place comparing notes is highly useful. I used to manufacture in gold, so i am soundly aware of the 22K India culture, and how the metal is closer to money in your culture, added to the fact 86% of the gold buying is from Asia. Seeing India accept the price over $1,000 without a hick-up and keep right on going, was worth noting. Then i learned about the Chinese situation. Wow, that's when the lights began to switch on for me. I have no trouble seeing gold at $3,000 now; nor at $5,000. When USD loses its grip, it could be $100,000, its all confetti at some point. So i don't think people really need to worry about the parabolic side, because there will be more intense things to worry about before that happens, if it happens. The US dollar is losing its treasury status, this has been going on for a decade. That's what Iraq was all about. That game is over now. Once you get that part of the story, you no longer worry about the price of gold, only that you have some.

Thanked by:
 dave73 
U.S.A

Platform: mt4, NT
Trading: CL, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 1

Trading SI is not for the faint of heart nor the under capitalized. It might get a quenching when the margins go up?

Haverchuck 
California

Trading: Index Futures
Thanks Given: 88
Thanks Received: 93

Wow, what a move for a sunday afternoon . . . 6 dollar drop in 15 min? . . . . am I seeing that right?

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Yes big Drop

peace, love and joy to you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	silver 01may2011.png
Views:	195
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	37694  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 Donald 
Gilford, ON, Canada

Haverchuck View Post
Wow, what a move for a sunday afternoon . . . 6 dollar drop in 15 min? . . . . am I seeing that right?

Ya, i refreshed my screen too, about an hr ago when i saw it. I felt like the insane person in the Einstein story, maybe expecting a different result. lol.

What's next? $33? or $51? what a roller coaster.

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Donald View Post
Ya, i refreshed my screen too, about an hr ago when i saw it. I felt like the insane person in the Einstein story, maybe expecting a different result. lol.

What's next? $33? or $51? what a roller coaster.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I think it may be best to stand aside for a bit.
There may be going-ons in the overseas markets
and/or
manipulation games at the COMEX.

Going for a walk!

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 Donald 
Gilford, ON, Canada

aquarian1 View Post
Thanks for the heads-up.

I think it may be best to stand aside for a bit.
There may be going-ons in the overseas markets
and/or
manipulation games at the COMEX.

Going for a walk!

I think anyone long is joining you.
But then, up it comes.
Sunday night at the movies now has some competition. a few million people worldwide starring silently at the kitco graph.. wondering what to do, hehe.
My guess is the HK proxy is pushing down hard against light bidding, and the desired effect will be to scare the pants of everyone.

RM99 
Austin, TX

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 124
Thanks Received: 704

The marginal reserve change is curious in and of itself. Combine that with the fact that Silver dropped like it did on Sunday, which just so happened to coincide with the OBL announcement.

When you dig into it, and you find out that institutionals and hedges reduced their silver holdings significantly, it all makes one wonder just what exactly is going on.

It's just another example of how insider information helps the rich get richer and the SEC is either unwilling or incapable of doing anything about it.

Some people got REALLY hurt in Silver on Sunday.

Thanked by:
 Donald 
Gilford, ON, Canada

RM99 View Post
The marginal reserve change is curious in and of itself. Combine that with the fact that Silver dropped like it did on Sunday, which just so happened to coincide with the OBL announcement.

When you dig into it, and you find out that institutionals and hedges reduced their silver holdings significantly, it all makes one wonder just what exactly is going on.

It's just another example of how insider information helps the rich get richer and the SEC is either unwilling or incapable of doing anything about it.

Some people got REALLY hurt in Silver on Sunday.

If so they were buying at the top of the market, and after a quick run up to a known resistance level. You're supposed to be selling into a sudden rise like that, not buying. So they learned a lesson maybe, buy in the dips; perhaps now? But this is a correction, and it could go on for awhile.

Never a dull moment.

Last Updated on June 25, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts