NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The journey continues

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lipton80205 with 37 posts (58 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Adamus with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 8,053 views
    2. thumb_up 59 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 41 posts
    2. attach_file 32 attachments

Search this Thread

The journey continues

lipton80205 
Denver, CO

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT
Broker: Zen-
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 100

Very long day, so I am going to be short.
Trade 1
After figuring out that we were in a trading range. I took a short about half way down (what I thought) I made a quick couple of pips, moved my stop to BE and was stopped out. I should have gotten in sooner, but after yesterday I was a little slow.
Trade 2
With the strong move up I thought we might break out of the trading range. I took a long at the top of the range, which wasn't smart. After a doji after my entry bar, I exited with a market order, good call. We stayed in the trading range.
Toady Total 3
Week total (29)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-20_EURUSD-5M.png
Views:	204
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	37101  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Funded Trader platforms
57 thanks
Trading with Intuition
16 thanks
Self sabotage reframed
15 thanks
Joes Trading Garage
13 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
11 thanks
 lipton80205 
Denver, CO

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT
Broker: Zen-
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 100

I had some family in town for the holidays, so I took some time off from trading.
Today was a good day, followed my rules, did a couple silly things, but over all I am happy. Also, I got up early to try and get more screen time. Getting up a 4:00 (my time) was rough. I think I will try for 5:00 and work my way back to 4:00
Trade 1
Earlier in the morning there was a final flag, which broke the higher time frame S/R. When it got close to a S/H I thought there would be a stall then further down. The stall came, but further down wasn't until later. My read on the market was 50% correct, it did go down, but it did not get to what I thought it would. I also got in to early.
Grade B
Trade 2
After the P/B that stopped me out, I still felt like this was going to go down. I had a limit order to go short below the small bear inside bar. I had more slippage then I would have liked but it went promptly down from there. After 2 strong bear bars, things slowed down. I exited with a limit order, which I am glad I did.
Grade A
Trade 3 GBPUSD
The pound was trending down most of the morning. Then hit a trading range for about an hour. I felt with the downward movement and not being close to support, this would make it to support. I had a limit order to go short below support. Quick move down, into support which I didn't think was that big of a deal, well I was wrong. I did a quick market exit after it failed to hold below the support.
I also noted a better entry at 7:00. There was a 2 leg P/B and a final flag. This would have been a better entry. I would have taken no heat would have gotten to my target fast.
Grade C (wait for better entry)
Trade 4
I was trying to get in early after the final flag and lower high (or maybe it was late ) I hit the wrong button, wanted to go short and I went long. Stupid brain. I recovered and exited right away with a market order. I then entered the correct way short for trade 5
Grade D
Trade 5
Quick recovery from my mistake on trade 4, got me in the right direction for trade 5. Went short because of the final flag, lower high and break of support. I trailed my stop a little to close and got stopped out. I should have been stopped out on the next bar and would have gained 1 pip.
Grade B
Total for today +3
Total for week +3

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-26_EURUSD-5M.png
Views:	196
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	37427   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-26_GBPUSD-5M.png
Views:	200
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	37428  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on April 26, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts