NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Problem with LowD on RadarScreen


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,701 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
oliakaoil
New York, NY
 
Posts: 1 since Jul 2013
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I am new to EasyLanguage so I apologize ahead of time if I missed something obvious. I read the programmer's guider and I have the language reference handy, however I seem to be having a hard time doing something very simple. I am trying to use the function LowD (which is a wrapper for OHLCPeriodsAgo) with a 15-minute interval RadarScreen. However, no matter what I do LowD always returns -1. The documentation indicates that this is a problem with not enough historical bars being available, and I have fiddled with the max bars back value and the "Load additional data for accumulative calculations" option, all to no avail. My code is VERY simple:

once( runOnce = false )
begin
Value1 = LowD(1);
Plot1( Value1 , "Last Low" , White , Black );
runOnce = true;
end

What am I missing here?


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643


A quick guess would be that at the time your code is executed, which will be on the first bar/tick,
LowD(1) doesn't have a value, yet.
What happens if you get rid of the "once" or if you replace it with "if CurrentBar = 2"?

Regards,
ABCTG



oliakaoil View Post
I am new to EasyLanguage so I apologize ahead of time if I missed something obvious. I read the programmer's guider and I have the language reference handy, however I seem to be having a hard time doing something very simple. I am trying to use the function LowD (which is a wrapper for OHLCPeriodsAgo) with a 15-minute interval RadarScreen. However, no matter what I do LowD always returns -1. The documentation indicates that this is a problem with not enough historical bars being available, and I have fiddled with the max bars back value and the "Load additional data for accumulative calculations" option, all to no avail. My code is VERY simple:

once( runOnce = false )
begin
Value1 = LowD(1);
Plot1( Value1 , "Last Low" , White , Black );
runOnce = true;
end

What am I missing here?


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on July 29, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts