NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Drtro's /ES Journal


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,723 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 0 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Drtro
Richmond Virginia, USA
 
Posts: 17 since Oct 2015
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 11

This is my journal for trading /ES.

I will be reporting both demo and live trades in this journal.

My goal is to average 1 point a day in the /ES, with position sizing being my upside. My goal is to grow my account to be capitalized well enough to trade 100 contract lots.

I will be posting weekly and monthly reports, usually on a Friday or Saturday.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
Drtro
Richmond Virginia, USA
 
Posts: 17 since Oct 2015
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 11


Date From: November 2 2015
Date To: November 6 2015
Days Traded: 4

Total NET: $299.68
Gross Profit: $483.12
Gross Loss: $183.44
Commissions: $25.32

Max Drawdown: $183.44
Sharpe Ratio: 1.85

Number of Trades: 6
Winning Trades: 4
Losing Trades: 2
Trade Win Rate: 66.67%

Average Winning Trade: $120.78
Average Losing Trade: $91.72
R Value: 1.32

Average MAE: $70.83
Average MFE: $91.67

I'm demo trading for now. I made a $2,500 sim account, following NinjaTrader's free direct edition platform commissions, and their margin rules. I took this week to trade 1:1 risk reward with 1 contract lots. I watched all my trades to gauge probability of 1:2 and 1:3 profit targets after I was out of the trade. All of my winners (4 of 6) would have hit 1:2 targets, and 3 would have hit 1:3. I'm going to trade another week or two at 1:1 to have more data to go on before I try 1:2 targets, and so on.

Here are my trades for the week.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 6, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts