NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Overnight hours in Eurex, are they important?


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,102 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
abetrade
prague czech
 
Posts: 2 since Sep 2019
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Hello,

so I have been trading on Eurex for quite some time now, mostly trade bund using Profile and orderflow.

Anyway, there is one thing which I constantly wonder about and never really figured out.

Is there any importance of overnight hours (1AM-7AM UTC).

I have seen some videos from Axia futures and in some videos, they have them on the chart, and on some they don't.

I was just curious if anyone here who has long term experience with Eurex markets watch these or ignore completely.

Thanks a lot for any response!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
Dazzc
Cardiff, UK
 
Posts: 30 since Oct 2020
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 7

Hello. I asked a similar question withing a thread I started a few weeks ago in relation to Initial Balance.

There are a few posts discussing this at the end of the thread.

Hope this helps somewhat.





Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
Dazzc
Cardiff, UK
 
Posts: 30 since Oct 2020
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 7


Also, there is a few videos on Axia's channel that talks about the overnight session.

One particularly mentioning the likely positions of overnight traders

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
Dazzc
Cardiff, UK
 
Posts: 30 since Oct 2020
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 7

Here is the link





Sent using the NexusFi mobile app


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 
SBtrader82's Avatar
 SBtrader82   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 586 since Feb 2018
Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,335

I think that there is no real answer to these questions. Anyone has his own definition of what is important and what not.
I use market profile and I normally take into account overnight markets and regular trading hours, and I have two separate profiles, one for overnight and one for regular hours.

However depending on the market I give more or less consideration to overnight vs regular.
Also in the past I divided the profiles depending on traded volume.

There is no right or wrong way to do this. Follow what makes sense for you.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on February 7, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts