NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





224$ starting account - micro Emini trading


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,376 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
twister
bucharest romania
 
Posts: 1 since Nov 2019
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 1

Hello and welcome to my journal! I'm a beginner trader. Last year I discovered micro futures and I've been hooked up since then. I blew up 2 small accounts by now, trading the MES.
My approach is somehow discretionary and simplistic, I wait for the price to reach out to important levels and after some reversal signals I play a mean reversion trade. The levels that I’m watching are pretty basic::
- yesterday's Close, High and Low. (YC, YH, YL)
- yesterday's and today's Point of Control. (YPOC, POC)
- high/low volume nodes from a stacked composite volume profile that I have on the right of my
chart. (HVN, LVN)
- high/low of the overnite session.
- high/low of the initial balance (the first hour of the trading session).
daily VWAP.

My main chart is 2000ticks, I use it for entries too. I also use a 15000ticks for the general feel and a daily chart for an even more general feel In the past I'd been using a 400ticks chart for my entries but I realised that it only messed up with my mind.

I'm always looking for sudden bursts on the Delta indicator - something like over 500/1000 (or under -500/-1000). I studied these specific values and they are working most of the time.

I'm watching the ATR on the 2000ticks chart to not be over 3.5 or else my 4 points stop becomes too small. If the ATR is more than 3.5 then I'll better wait for the extremes of the price ranges to have a better positioning.

I'm watching the distance between the Close and EMA21. Market mostly tries to pull back when the distance is over 6 points on the 2000ticks chart. Of course that doesn't mean that it will succeed every time.

Now, the funny part, my starting balance is 224$, but that’s ok, it’s just practice money.
I try to keep my Stop Loss at 4 points. That’s like 21$ loss with 1 contract, fees included. If the Profit Target is also 4 points, that’s 18.58$ win, after all fees, with 1 contract. So the risk is not in my favour, I’ll have to chase more than 4 points or cut my losses earlier when it is the case. I’m planning to not make more than 3 trades a day.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
biotic
Ostrava Czech Republic
 
Posts: 23 since Mar 2018
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 38

Ok not sure, if you are still trading, but while you can indeed grow 200USD to a big account, I feel it affects trading in a very negative manner, if you have not enough cushion.

I think it might make more sense to first SIM until you are consistently profitable, then do a evaluation demo and after that invest into a small evaluation account with a funding company. The most important part in trading is to conserve your own money until you are consistent enough.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on February 3, 2022


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts