NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Building A Better Trend Filter


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NW27 with 8 posts (11 thanks)
    2. looks_two Jeff65 with 6 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bomberone1 with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ehlaban with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one imPairsonator with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Jeff65 with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NW27 with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bomberone1 with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 23,827 views
    2. thumb_up 28 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 21 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #21 (permalink)
Jeff65
Gurnee, IL
 
Posts: 46 since Apr 2010
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 97


bomberone1 View Post
I my opinion one of the best trend filter is the Butterworth filter

Butterworth filter design - MATLAB

Tr

Thanks!

I'm thinking this might be the same Butterworth filter by John Ehlers. If this is true you can find the EasyLanguage code for two different Butterworth filters here:

2-Pole Butterworth Filter

3-Pole Butterworth Filter

I've not played around with these filters much, but they do look interesting.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #22 (permalink)
Jeff65
Gurnee, IL
 
Posts: 46 since Apr 2010
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 97


NW27 View Post
Well bugger me.

I just this minute (5min before posting this) noticed your web address below your name!

Over the last 3 days, I've been looking at info on your site with great interest.
I love what you have been doing. Great work.
No wonder I liked your thread. Please continue.

Neil.

Thanks Neil. Glad to hear you like what I post. I always try to post helpful and relevant material.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on June 11, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts