NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Tape is my shape (tape reading, time and sales)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bloom with 463 posts (571 thanks)
    2. looks_two pbylina with 193 posts (70 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 108 posts (183 thanks)
    4. looks_4 snusnufreak with 96 posts (48 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 1.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bloom with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 snusnufreak with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 pbylina with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 824,356 views
    2. thumb_up 1,142 thanks given
    3. group 265 followers
    1. forum 1,378 posts
    2. attach_file 287 attachments

Search this Thread

Tape is my shape (tape reading, time and sales)

canunit
Buchach and Ternopol state

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 3

bloom View Post
For those who asking this question i have another question and advice
Question:
You placing 1000 contracts buy market order - you are a big buyer - FROM WHOM YOU BUYING THOSE 1000 contracts?
Advice:
Go watch monochrome tape to the point you will discover the full understanding of TRANSACTION

I buy those 1000 contracts partly from big sellers and partly from a crowd. Transaction between two sides. On every side is always big guys and a crowd. When I found out a big buyer on the low of the day (and he buys a lot more than seller sell) and I buy with him what I have to do with those phases of the market? Do I have to watch how the price go through them, especially on the edges of the phases? Or I just have to watch wherer will a seller starts to sell a lot?
I watch monochrome tape every day. I found the difference in speed, in quantity of the prints and duration of the pauses. As I see this, the fastest speed of the tape only in the places of the stop orders. Sellers or buyers trying to cover their position and help for the price to go higher and faster. In others points there are a lot of pauses and little speed.
I understand where big guys get filled their 1000 contracts. In the placeses on the edges between phases, on the high/low of the day and so on. There big guys get filled their big orders.
Am I right?

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

bloom
Russia

Thanks Given: 47
Thanks Received: 591

canunit View Post
I buy those 1000 contracts partly from big sellers and partly from a crowd. Transaction between two sides. On every side is always big guys and a crowd. When I found out a big buyer on the low of the day (and he buys a lot more than seller sell) and I buy with him what I have to do with those phases of the market? Do I have to watch how the price go through them, especially on the edges of the phases? Or I just have to watch wherer will a seller starts to sell a lot?

Never ever buyers buy more then sellers selling. Always =
Disbalances occures YES - than it is not enough liquidity to fill the order price goes in seeking more liquidity. But ammount of sell and buy contracts always equal. So if you see a BIG buyer than you see a BIG seller. And here comes a question..... ( I leave those questions to you )

canunit View Post
I watch monochrome tape every day. I found the difference in speed, in quantity of the prints and duration of the pauses. As I see this, the fastest speed of the tape only in the places of the stop orders.

Not only where. Fast speed is where most of emotions and emotions are result of convictions and beleives.

canunit View Post
Sellers or buyers trying to cover their position and help for the price to go higher and faster.

Depends on the goals they completing. If you are entering in the market with a big size you do not need price go to fast. You need it fo fast only than you OFFLOADING. Watch market through different TRADE STAGES:
-Entering
-Holding
-Exiting
Otherwise if you need market to start GOING as you loaded, you WILL buy in the way to cause FAST price movement.

canunit View Post
In others points there are a lot of pauses and little speed.

This happens than public tired to trade and exhausted or does not have IDEA )))

canunit View Post
I understand where big guys get filled their 1000 contracts. In the placeses on the edges between phases, on the high/low of the day and so on.

Than you state ideas like this - this shows you need something to be sure in. You need some sort of STABLE thing you can handle. So nope the heck you do understand there big guys entering and exiting. Market has no sertancy. It is CHAOTIC random structure. As pros know this they entering not at the prices but than it is SITUATION behind. I do not interested to enter High of the day breakout before i see some sellers losing. And for those sellers to lose must be completed one little option. THEY NEED TO BE IN AN OPENED SHORT POSITION. You are too clouded in searchins the RIGHT way to trade. Do not waste your time where is no RIGHT way. Only risk management)))
And if only risk management and doesnt metter where big guys are entering, than what you should seek for instead of entries? A little hint - What short sellers need to do to cut their losing short opened position?

canunit View Post
There big guys get filled their big orders.
Am I right?

It doesnt matter there the fill orders - what is metter a disbalance. You can see every ROLLOVER a bunches od BIG guys against each other covering HUGEST orders with no price movement. It is like a tiny slot between whales. Disbalances is a target of your interests - not big orders or big guys. And another thing too is a target of your interest - try to figure out based on this post

Thanked by:
canunit

bloom View Post
......A little hint - What short sellers need to do to cut their losing short opened position?.....

1. They have to put a huge buy order on the bid side to show that there are a lot of liqudity? I sometimes see this sign on the high of the day.
2. Start to buy with markets orders?

bloom
Russia

canunit View Post
1. They have to put a huge buy order on the bid side to show that there are a lot of liqudity? I sometimes see this sign on the high of the day.
2. Start to buy with markets orders?

WOOOOOW
Point 1 is a pros way of thinking. Keep this way )))
You in the right direction. Think WHY DO THEY show you this order or not to you (Other participants)
This is a rediculous game man (or Babe?) - and you on the way

2. Yes - usual amatures buy with a market to cover and there a bunch of them (usual) also add to this BREAKOUT buyers and you have DISBALANCE already.
But you surprise me with a N1 suggestion. Cool

canunit

bloom View Post
WOOOOOW
Point 1 is a pros way of thinking. Keep this way )))
You in the right direction. Think WHY DO THEY show you this order or not to you (Other participants)
This is a rediculous game man - and you on the way

2. Yes - usual amatures buy with a market to cover and there a bunch of them (usual) also add to this BREAKOUT buyers and you have DISBALANCE already.
But you surprise me with a N1 suggestion. Cool

Thanx for that. I think there aren't a lot of actions they can take. Buy, sell or wait. That's all. I think that reading your posts could explain your way of thinking. And it's great reading for me. A LOT OF INFORMATION and an incredible way of thinking.
Nice last vids. Yesterday I had the same situation with a lot of contracts between two important prices. But the first blow out wasn't good enough.
quote:"WHY DO THEY show you this order or not to you (Other participants)"
to help big guys cover their position with a huge volume? But will be they interested in it? Sometimes price goes higher after this sign of weakness

bloom
Russia

canunit View Post
Thanx for that. I think there aren't a lot of actions they can take. Buy, sell or wait. That's all. I think that reading your posts could explain your way of thinking. And it's great reading for me. A LOT OF INFORMATION and an incredible way of thinking.
Nice last vids. Yesterday I had the same situation with a lot of contracts between two important prices. But the first blow out wasn't good enough.
quote:"WHY DO THEY show you this order or not to you (Other participants)"
to help big guys cover their position with a huge volume? But will be they interested in it? Sometimes price goes higher after this sign of weakness

And sometimes price goes to this BIG fat order than guys fill this order and price goes lower. What the difference? You close to answer.

canunit

bloom View Post
And sometimes price goes to this BIG fat order than guys fill this order and price goes lower. What the difference? You close to answer.

1. In the 1st variant price goes higher because there are big orders on offer and the market has conviction to go higher. The tape goes fast and big prints in the tape
2. In the 2nd variant there wasn't conviction and big orders on offer and the big guys don't see no one who could take their size.
Do I think in right direction?

bloom
Russia

canunit View Post
1. In the 1st variant price goes higher because there are big orders on offer and the market has conviction to go higher. The tape goes fast and big prints in the tape
2. In the 2nd variant there wasn't conviction and big orders on offer and the big guys don't see no one who could take their size.

Why do they do not have a conviction?

bloom
Russia

canunit View Post

You got the nail. Greep it tight

canunit

bloom View Post
Why do they do not have a conviction?

Probably, they have a conviction because the buyer still buying and a lot of big orders on the offer. Trapped sellers push the price higher and a lot of liqudity on the offer from guys who want to cover their longs. It all depends, probably, from the movement of the price? Because the faster goes price with a lot of traded volume in the tape the faster trapped shorts covering their position. It goes to a moment when all shorts get covered and big buyers also covered their position. The conviction is starting to decrease.
I've been thinking about this for a week. That's my answer.

Last Updated on November 11, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts