NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Tape is my shape (tape reading, time and sales)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bloom with 463 posts (571 thanks)
    2. looks_two pbylina with 193 posts (70 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 108 posts (183 thanks)
    4. looks_4 snusnufreak with 96 posts (48 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 1.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bloom with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 snusnufreak with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 pbylina with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 823,675 views
    2. thumb_up 1,142 thanks given
    3. group 265 followers
    1. forum 1,378 posts
    2. attach_file 287 attachments

Search this Thread

Tape is my shape (tape reading, time and sales)

pbylina 
Chicago, IL

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Euro
Thanks Given: 158
Thanks Received: 72

DionysusToast View Post
For sure - you certainly want to reconsider that tight stop in this market...

It's like watching Ninja Replay on 500x....

Yep you are right about that.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

rocky9281
Kolkata,India

Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 40

Look at the right TnS...see how frequently size of 911 appears on the bid(labelled as BLOCK trades). TWAP is getting executed. I shorted that day and price went my way.....

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: TWAP.mp4
 pbylina 
Chicago, IL

rocky9281 View Post
Look at the right TnS...see how frequently size of 911 appears on the bid(labelled as BLOCK trades). TWAP is getting executed. I shorted that day and price went my way.....

Yeah I see it. What market is it ES?

rocky9281
Kolkata,India

No it is a stock of NSE (Indian Exchange)..

pbylina View Post
Yeah I see it. What market is it ES?

pbylina 
Chicago, IL

rocky9281 View Post
Secondly, I hope someday,I will be able to turn this trading skill into a business in future,when I will become better in tape reading. Anybody having similar dreams? Want to work together? Bloom? Pbylina?

I have similar dream. Are we not working together already? What you have in mind?

rocky9281
Kolkata,India

pbylina View Post
I have similar dream. Are we not working together already? What you have in mind?

Yes of course we are working together. But we are trading from our homes with our money..

Don't you think the time has come so that we can think of something bigger? Maybe an office of our own? We can trade all the desirable exchanges throughout the world.We can go for OPM.

Once that is done, we can proceed to the next higher level.And then higher again...

Now you are earning hundreds of dollars per day. If we proceed to do something big, we can earn tens of thousands per day...

I heard amazon.com started from a small garage. Why can't we?

pbylina 
Chicago, IL

rocky9281 View Post
Yes of course we are working together. But we are trading from our homes with our money..

Yeah I like it. No one tells me what to do, I can eat when I want and go to bathroom when I want.)))

Quoting 
Don't you think the time has come so that we can think of something bigger? Maybe an office of our own? We can trade all the desirable exchanges throughout the world.We can go for OPM.

I have a pretty good Idea though. One person trades 1 market and the other person trades a different market that is correlated. For example, I would trade EURO and someone else would trade SWISS FRANC. They are 90~% correlated by the way... So if I get a signal for a long I tell you and if you also get a signal on FRANC for long we go long. If we do at the same time it is high probability of a BIG move and have high probabilty for SUCCESFUL trade because we have same signal. There are more correlated markets by the way...AUD and GOLD. etc....

Quoting 
Now you are earning hundreds of dollars per day. If we proceed to do something big, we can earn tens of thousands per day...

Hey man, $200 a day is average salary in US and I dont have to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week and I dont have to be a slave to some guy who is making BIG money off of my hard work. I dont even know what I would do with thousands a day... Use it for toilet paper maybe.))) And this week I havent been making anything. I lost half of what I made last week. I hope that will change next week.

rocky9281
Kolkata,India

pbylina View Post
I have a pretty good Idea though. One person trades 1 market and the other person trades a different market that is correlated. For example, I would trade EURO and someone else would trade SWISS FRANC. They are 90~% correlated by the way... So if I get a signal for a long I tell you and if you also get a signal on FRANC for long we go long. If we do at the same time it is high probability of a BIG move and have high probabilty for SUCCESFUL trade because we have same signal. There are more correlated markets by the way...AUD and GOLD. etc....

Yes and for this kind of trading, we need to have connections like CQG and Reuters..who provide global data of all sorts.

pbylina View Post
Hey man, $200 a day is average salary in US and I dont have to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week and I dont have to be a slave to some guy who is making BIG money off of my hard work.

Don't you want to be better than average?

pbylina View Post
I dont even know what I would do with thousands a day... Use it for toilet paper maybe.)))

Why buy toilet paper? There are lots of other things too..If you are going to buy toilet paper of thousands of dollars, it will only mean that you have launched an organisation that caters to people suffering from diarrhoea

rocky9281
Kolkata,India

rocky9281 View Post
I will post some topics,which are SUMMARIES of multiple posts under this thread, I tried to bring them under a single post.I request the seniors to review whatever I am posting here and please point out those assumptions which are wrong.

Please note that our country does not provide a well defined DOM. So, I have used the Time and sales prints as the only tool.

Today, I will examine the possible reasons behind big prints in the Time and sales. For this, lets see why does any institution would buy or sell huge quantities.

Analysing Big Prints

Lets try to find out several kinds of possible situations that comes with big prints. Normally, a big print necessarily means that there is a huge buyer as well as huge sellers. For example, if we see a big print at the ask, it tells us that one big guy has executed a market buy order and another big guy has supplied that buying with a huge limit sell.In this context, it can be said the former has acted more aggressively than the latter, because he used market orders.

First, lets concentrate on why he is buying. The reasons may be:

1. Entering:-He is buying to go long. In this case we can expect him to show upward aggression.

2. Exiting:-He is buying to cover his shorts. There won't be any upward aggression from his side.

3. Hedging:-He is buying to hedge his shorts. There won't not be any upward aggression from his side.

4. Absorption of selling with market buys:- He is marking up price, suddenly he finds a huge offer blocking his way. He will absorb that offer with MARKET buys if he wants to move the price further upwards.

5. Absorption of selling with bids:- He is marking up price, suddenly he faces huge market sell orders. He will absorb that selling with LIMIT buys if he wants to move the price further upwards.

The reverse holds true for selling.

When the reasons of the buyer are matched with the reasons of the seller, we can get the possible situations, and probably an idea of both the transacting parties behind the trade. Look at the attachment.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BigPrints.bmp
Views:	418
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	46287  
Thanked by:
 pbylina 
Chicago, IL

rocky9281 View Post
Don't you want to be better than average?

Of course.)))

Quoting 
Why buy toilet paper? There are lots of other things too..If you are going to buy toilet paper of thousands of dollars, it will only mean that you have launched an organisation that caters to people suffering from diarrhoea

- LOL

Last Updated on November 11, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts