NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

PriceActionSwing discussion

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 177 posts (570 thanks)
    2. looks_two dorschden with 99 posts (1,125 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 52 posts (90 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jmont1 with 51 posts (23 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one dorschden with 11.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sudhirc with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 979,173 views
    2. thumb_up 2,948 thanks given
    3. group 613 followers
    1. forum 2,093 posts
    2. attach_file 615 attachments

Search this Thread

PriceActionSwing discussion

henryromo
el paso texas

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Thanks i like it very much...

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

supertradersam 
Atlanta, GA

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 149

dorschden View Post
I had to refactor the code. Due to this strategies using the old PriceActionSwing versions need a manual code update or you stick with the old version, which is also fine.

The new Market Analyzer template can be found attached to this post.

There is no strategy in the original download.

The simple PriceActionSwing is removed and everything is now in PriceActionSwingPro. I put in the simple and the pro versions in earlier versions to save CPU power. But the new version is more than fast enough and therefor I removed the simple version.

I sent @Daytrader999 an updated version which has the entry arrows for ABC signals. He was so kind to upload the new PriceActionSwing version for me. It is now available.

Can someone guide here, i downloaded this MyMarketAnalyzer template xml attached, but when i install, opened the load template inside Market Analyzer window -> i get Time Category Message
11/26/2023 4:47:51 PM Default Unhandled exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Trace file:

2023-11-26 17:10:02:498 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
2023-11-26 17:10:02:498 Index was outside the bounds of the array.
2023-11-26 17:10:02:501 System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at NinjaTrader.Gui.MarketAnalyzer.MarketAnalyzerGrid.Restore(XElement element, Boolean asTemplate)
at NinjaTrader.Gui.MarketAnalyzer.MarketAnalyzerGrid.ApplyTemplate(String fileName)
at NinjaTrader.Gui.MarketAnalyzer.MarketAnalyzerGrid.OnTemplateLoad(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

NEWTRADER1990
florissant missouri

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

traderpards View Post
I'm the one who did the rendering... Here's a couple suggestions:

It's not perfect. It will hang if you try to squish the charts to, say, get a big picture or wide-angle view of what happened today too much. I've tried for months to fix that and can't seem to figure it out. So don't do that, or if you must, save your workspace so if you do hang it up, you can End Task and come back quickly.

Workspaces get corrupt, especially if you import chart templates. Chart templates suck - I never use them. They get corrupted all the time. Just use indicator templates and rebuild the entire workspace from scratch if you haven't already tried that. I usually have to rebuild my workspace every six months or so... In fact, it so happens that I just rebuilt mine.

I'm on v8.0.1.6 and I'm not having any trouble at all, besides having to walk on egg shells whenever I collapse the chart to see what the daily trend is... I haven't hung mine in a while though... probably because I'm now using a 72 tick renko chart already squished and without the swing lines to see what's behind me and don't have to squish my trading chart anymore.

Hi there...it's me again...lol

Have you had anyone else report the deadlock issues? I had no problems on 8.0.26 for these last few months but due to me being completely unhappy with Apex's Rithmic server data, I decided to upgrade back to 8.0.28 so I can get NT Continuum data back.

I started having the deadlock issues in the middle of my session. So I started downloading the latest version of the few non-native NT indicators I use. Still had the deadlock issues. It was deadlocking every 10 mins. With no squeezing of the charts. So I took the PAS indicator off and so far no deadlock issues.

This is the best swing/zz indicator and I'm heartbroken it's not working properly for me I use a NinzaRenko chart

notenufftime
Sudbury Ontario

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

dorschden View Post
To answer the divergence questions I wrote some instructions.

With the PriceActionSwingPro we can very easily create divergence signals based on any indicator or oscillator with a few tweaks in the code. The only requirement is that the base indicator has a plot or a public data series output to access the base indicator values within the PriceActionSwingPro.

To get the names of the data series that save the base indicator values you can look in the base indicators source code in the "properties" region for the words "public dataseries" and the word after this two words is the data series name.

E.g. the MACD has three different values where we can calculate the divergence on.
1. macd value (Plot name: "Macd" = DataSeries name: "Default" = "Value")
2. average value (Plot name = DataSeries name: "Avg")
3. difference value (Plot name = DataSeries name: "Diff")

If the indicator has no public data series but plots values like the FisherTransformation than the name of the public data series is "Value".

Now we have the name of the data series where all the values from the base indicator are saved and which one we want to compare against the swings to calculate the divergence.

The next step is to change the source code of the PriceActionSwingPro. NT's standard FisherTransformation will be used as example.

1. Create a variable of the base indicator in the region "Variables" in line 52.

private FisherTransform fisherTransform;

2. Change the "divergenceMode" to custom in the region "Variables" in line 138.

private DivergenceMode divergenceMode = DivergenceMode.Custom;

3. Set the parameter of the base indicator in the param1, param2, parem3 variables in line 159. If the base indicator has only one variable use param1. Param2 and param3 are ignored. If the base indicator has more than 3 parameters create another parameter e.g. "param4" and make it public in the "properties" region.

private int param1 = 10;

4. Create the base indicator values. In the region "Create forms" in the region "Divergence" in the "case DivergenceMode.Custom" call the base indicator with the set parameters in line 675.

case DivergenceMode.Custom:
fisherTransform = FisherTransform(param1);
// Add custom divergence indicator here
break;

5. Access the base indicator values. In the "OnBarUpdate" function in the region "Initializes Variables" in the region "Divergence" in the "case DivergenceMode.Custom" access the base indicator values in line 1457.

case DivergenceMode.Custom:
divergenceDataHigh = fisherTransform.Value;
divergenceDataLow = fisherTransform.Value;

// Add custom divergence indicator here
break;

There is a high and a low series two to accomplish divergence calculation where the base indicator values (or another instrument) have a high and a low. e.g. candlesticks. With this solution you can also calculate divergence based on a different instrument, e.g. you have a FDAX chart and calculate divergence on the FESX.

6. And now we are already done! The PriceActionSwingPro indicator will do the rest. Just compile it and load it on a chart or in the market analyzer.

Pardon my inexperience, I am learning.

Are these instructions for the old PAS or NT7?

I cannot find the quoted lines of code in my PAS but am very anxious to implement some other indicators for divergence purposes.

If so, is there a new guide?

Last Updated on January 7, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts