NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How do you read an Indicator graph value


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,355 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
bjschwenzer
Cleveland, Ohio
 
Posts: 6 since Aug 2011
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

I am thinking of buying MultiCharts (MC). I was told by MC I have to purchase MC by 8/12/2011. I loaded MC demo. I created a WorkSpace with One NASDAQ future pricing graph and three indicators above the NASDAQ future pricing graph.

MultiCharts told me I can load indicator data into an Easy/Power Language variable from the indicator graph but my search’s came up with no examples. Now that I downloaded the MC Demo, MultiCharts referred me to Big Mikes Trading. Found many H[1] = High 1 back.

Can I get an Easy/Power Language example of how to read an Indicator graph value before 8/12/2011?

Thank you very much.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590



bjschwenzer View Post
I am thinking of buying MultiCharts (MC). I was told by MC I have to purchase MC by 8/12/2011. I loaded MC demo. I created a WorkSpace with One NASDAQ future pricing graph and three indicators above the NASDAQ future pricing graph.

MultiCharts told me I can load indicator data into an Easy/Power Language variable from the indicator graph but my search’s came up with no examples. Now that I downloaded the MC Demo, MultiCharts referred me to Big Mikes Trading. Found many H[1] = High 1 back.

Can I get an Easy/Power Language example of how to read an Indicator graph value before 8/12/2011?

Thank you very much.

If you look on the forum, you'll find many code examples in the Download section as well as in the section where you posted your question.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
bjschwenzer
Cleveland, Ohio
 
Posts: 6 since Aug 2011
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

Let me clarify:
If you give me a link to the example code showing how to get the indicator value referenced to the to Price bar, that would be great. Thank you

As a user I can put my mouse pointer over the indicator chart and it will show me the date time and indicator value.
I am looking how in the Signal section of Power language to give the (date, time) or (bars back from the current bar) and get the indicator value for each of the 3 indicator graphs I have up.
{I created a WorkSpace with One NASDAQ future pricing graph and three indicators above the NASDAQ future pricing graph.}


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 8, 2011


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts