NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





OCO orders from easylanguage?


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 7,193 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




Closed Thread
 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
skan
spain
 
Posts: 11 since Jun 2010
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hello
How can I send bracket orders (or OCO) from an Easylanguage strategy?

For example I want to put a Buy stop order at 10000 and, associated to this, a Sell stop order at 9900.
The sell order is activated only when the fist one has been filled.

I need them to be OCO orders because I want to send them to the broker (IB) and forget it. That way if the connection is lost the order will remain at the markets.

I know it can be placed by hand but I need to automatize it.

I don't know if I need to activate the intrabarodernegeration or just use orders such as
SetStopLoss . I've read that setStopLoss orders give fake results when optimizing.

thanks



Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590



skan View Post
Hello
How can I send bracket orders (or OCO) from an Easylanguage strategy?

For example I want to put a Buy stop order at 10000 and, associated to this, a Sell stop order at 9900.
The sell order is activated only when the fist one has been filled.

I need them to be OCO orders because I want to send them to the broker (IB) and forget it. That way if the connection is lost the order will remain at the markets.

I know it can be placed by hand but I need to automatize it.

I don't know if I need to activate the intrabarodernegeration or just use orders such as
SetStopLoss . I've read that setStopLoss orders give fake results when optimizing.

thanks

Hi,

This appears to be the same topic as this prior thread:



So I am closing this new duplicate thread to avoid a split topic. You can post follow-up questions in the previous thread.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Closed Thread



Last Updated on August 13, 2011


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts