NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Beast Slayer, Lance's NQ Trading Journal

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 843 posts (4,515 thanks)
    2. looks_two redbarntrades with 59 posts (147 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 28 posts (117 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Okina with 23 posts (41 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 5.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 redbarntrades with 2.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 457,876 views
    2. thumb_up 6,047 thanks given
    3. group 648 followers
    1. forum 1,639 posts
    2. attach_file 251 attachments

Search this Thread

The Beast Slayer, Lance's NQ Trading Journal

redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 426

joe s View Post
I have a falcon computer it is getting old I am looking into another one check out a video by Eddy Z he tells you what the minimum internet speed and possessor speed
to use in his opinion. Im looking at Intel Core 8-Core i7-11700k Benchmark 25,320 and AMD RYZEN 9 3900X - 12 Core Processor Benchmark 31,885 and 8 monitor support
but these are pricey
Joe

I compared costs, part offerings and configurations from so many companies.

I finally settled on Magic Micro. Phantomtrader might have a company that has competitive pricing.

It's always interesting who offers what and for what price.

I found that the "trading computer" companies make hefty profits on their builds.

I was originally inspired by Clay Trader on youtube. He showed that you don't have to pay the big bucks to get what you want.

With gaming pc companies catering to the masses, their pricing seems to be so much better.

I went with a Ryzen 5 3600X, 32 R and a Raytheon card for 4 monitors.

However, I only run 2 monitors with DP and 1 with HDMI as I share this 43 in tv with my old pc which I conduct all other work on.

I'm happy with the 3600x. Of course it suits my personal needs. But that 3900x sounds great!

My goal is to get down to 2 monitors for the trading PC. I'm slowly getting there.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

joe s View Post
I have a falcon computer it is getting old I am looking into another one check out a video by Eddy Z he tells you what the minimum internet speed and possessor speed
to use in his opinion. Im looking at Intel Core 8-Core i7-11700k Benchmark 25,320 and AMD RYZEN 9 3900X - 12 Core Processor Benchmark 31,885 and 8 monitor support
but these are pricey
Joe

Hi - You might want to compare the prices of the individual components at tigerdirect.com. That should give you some idea as to what profit margin the vendors are making.

https://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=22&srkey=processors

Also your internet speed is important - I can get around 900/35 max in my area and it usually delivers about 800/35 reliably. So if I bought the most expensive processor out there but wasn't getting 1000/165 with very low latency, I'd be wasting my money.

redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

phantomtrader View Post
Hi - You might want to compare the prices of the individual components at tigerdirect.com. That should give you some idea as to what profit margin the vendors are making.

https://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=22&srkey=processors

Also your internet speed is important - I can get around 900/35 max in my area and it usually delivers about 800/35 reliably. So if I bought the most expensive processor out there but wasn't getting 1000/165 with very low latency, I'd be wasting my money.

Good point. When we moved to the woods of Montana, speed was 3meg. Finally up to just under 10meg. It does work. I do miss my fiber 100meg.

My wife and I both run off this connection. 2-Nt8's and 1 Bookmap. Yes, we get some Bookmap latency sometimes when the NQ is highly volatile. I make sure during those times, I have a pending limit order placed and do not do market orders during those times.

Just commenting showing that one can scalp even with an antiquated connection. If fact, back in 1999, I had a 128k connection.

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

redbarntrades View Post
Good point. When we moved to the woods of Montana, speed was 3meg. Finally up to just under 10meg. It does work. I do miss my fiber 100meg.

My wife and I both run off this connection. 2-Nt8's and 1 Bookmap. Yes, we get some Bookmap latency sometimes when the NQ is highly volatile. I make sure during those times, I have a pending limit order placed and do not do market orders during those times.

Just commenting showing that one can scalp even with an antiquated connection. If fact, back in 1999, I had a 128k connection.

We live in the mountains - near Lake Tahoe - Spectrum is our provider and overall, it's very good. Their support is excellent. NQ will have some latency during volatile times regardless of internet speed and computer guts. Just the nature of the beast.

redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

phantomtrader View Post
We live in the mountains - near Lake Tahoe - Spectrum is our provider and overall, it's very good. Their support is excellent. NQ will have some latency during volatile times regardless of internet speed and computer guts. Just the nature of the beast.

That's a pretty spot down there. Used ride my KZ1000 around there back in the 90's. Reno, Virginia City, Tahoe and Carson Pass. . Lot's of good times. Recently sold the bike and started trading again.

Thanks for the comment!

joe s 
sacramento ca us

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader,Trade Station
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 105

I will check them out

lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

Here are today's trades on NQ.

Failure is not an option
Started this thread Reply With Quote
 lancelottrader 
Market Wizard

Trades for today.
Trade 1- fast momentum move short only about 2 minutes into the open..full 100 tick winner.

Trade 2- 2nd wave Pullback to the 13655 area, the 1 minute pin can be seen at that area.. 87 tick winner

Trade 3- lousy entry at lows of the day..forgot I'm not scalping these days..lol 50 tick loser

Trade 4 Nice pullback 2nd wave..1 minute candle had reached outer EMA bands and 5 range had hit a resistance area I had drawn.. got 90 ticks

Trade 5 - Saw a 2nd wave A entry on 5 range coupled with huge momentum-trade was near lows but I felt it could hit target..I got 87 ticks and I had moved target up so that it didn't have to surpass the low of day and possibly bounce.
Overall a good day. Statistics are showing big improvement using my 1:2 risk reward ratio of approx 100 tick targets to 50 tick stoploss.
trades 5 4 21 1

trades 5 4 21 2

trades 5 4 21 3

trades 5 4 21 4

trades 5 4 21 5

Failure is not an option
 joe s 
sacramento ca us

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader,Trade Station
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 105

Thanks lancelottrader for all the good insights

Thanked by:
 lancelottrader 
Market Wizard

joe s View Post
Thanks lancelottrader for all the good insights

Thank you. I think, like most retail traders out there, this has been an ongoing experiment to find something that can work on a consistent basis. I have made very few changes to my system in the last few years and although I was finally seeing some profitability, I wasn't entirely satisfied. I felt I could be better. I can honestly say that I am starting to get the results that I had originally envisioned many years ago when I was starting out..before the harsh reality struck over and over.

If I actually stated the amount of money I've lost and the horrible feelings of failure I experienced over these last 13 years or so, one might doubt my sanity or intellect for persisting at this.
But right now, I actually am feeling better about this than at any other time since I started...maybe even a little euphoric. Hopefully, this will continue.

Failure is not an option

Last Updated on April 11, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts