NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,250,541 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,320 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

joergky
Berlin, Germany

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 5

Hi all!
I am a good trader without discipline after a few losses = bad trader.
Seriously trading for three years, but not able to get a grap on my discipline after a few losses. Maddening. Not giving up, but seriously looking for help.
Like the threads I have read here from this community. Great work.
Best

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

FlatbedDan
Savannah, Georgia, USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello everyone,

I started learning and investing in the mid 1990s with a retirement account and have been actively trading stocks and ETFs in a Schwab brokerage account for about the last 10 years with varying degrees of success (ie, a few decent wins and more dumb mistakes). I've mostly been a swing trend trader holding stocks for a couple of days to weeks. I studied and tried many indicators over the years but have scaled that back to just Heiken Ashi candles and moving averages for the most part to keep me on the right side of trends. I've also been increasing focus on trendlines and Support and Resistance to determine target levels and stops. My biggest challenge right now is that I really dislike waiting a day to see the next candle and hoping an overnight gap didn't take my stop out.

Since I don't have an extra $25K laying around to meet the PDT rules for daytrading stocks, I have been researching possibilities to get more active in trading. I'm not really interested in Forex or Options, and I like stock indices, metals and commodities, so I think Futures is the best direction for me. I am in the process of getting set up with Amp on my TradingView account and hope to start dabbling with Micro E-Minis pretty soon. I believe most people here would say that the MES is the best place to start, and I probably will start there. I think Price Action suits my personality and interests best, so I've bought and started working through Al Brooks Trading course. I think volume and order flow look interesting, but I just can't see a way to get an edge there yet. Maybe after I have a good handle on PA, I'll try to add order flow and/or volume to my analysis.

A couple of questions for the experienced Futures traders out there:

1. Assuming MES is the best to start with, is there a reason a person new to Futures shouldn't try the other micro asset types - Nasdaq, Gold, Oil, etc?

2. I'm still doing lots of searching and reading on futures.io, but I haven't found a good answer to whether there are normal people (not vendors, educators or people with 100K+ accounts) making their primary income off trading futures. Is it possible with say a $25K account?

3. Is Price Action enough to be profitable or do you need to add some form of order flow? Again, I've seen lots of opinions so far, but I still haven't found a definitive answer.

4. It looks like Ninjatrader is by far the most popular platform here. Is there anything about the TradingView/Amp platform combination that I should be concerned about?

Thank you all and I look forward to learning from you.
Danny

Thanked by:
Okokokok1
Alameda , California

Hello everyone , okokokok1 is my trading name. I’m totally new to all of this. I am trying to learn a better life skill in hopes of making enough to get through without state or government help. I made poor choices many times in my life , here I am 60 without any plan or income. With a little savings I hope to learn and turn a little into a little more. I am here to learn and ask questions. I thank everyone for allowing me here.

Thanked by:
leandrojavornik
Florianopolis - Brazil

Hello, Mike!
I am new here! I have just started in Ninja Trader.
Thanks for accept me here.

Thanked by:
Tomsel
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi,

I'm Tom, started a couple of months ago, for now in futures contracts.
Thanks

Thanked by:
DeanD
Kortrijk belgium

Thanks Given: 1

Hi

I'm pretty new to future trading and looking into automatic trading bots for ninja trader.
there is a lot of scam there and hoping to find here honest reviews and some recommendations about trading bots that works.

So message me if you have good recommendations.

Thanks

Thanked by:

GreyBeard67 
Atlanta, GA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, ToS
Trading: OPtions Futures
Thanks Given: 9

New Futures trader, looking for good communities.

Been trading Options for a few years. Wrote python code to automate the trades while I was at work. Options are becoming less profitable and I'm looking for better returns.

I trade for my IRA and personal money (small) . Looking at Prop Firms for larger contracts and use the profits to increase my personal accounts.

I retire in 10 years, so want to be able to support myself by then.

Thanked by:
philk851
CMH, GA, USA

Zscore Indicator for Ninjatrader 8. Does anyone know if it exists?

Thanked by:
ISeeZombies
Tampa, Florida

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 3

Hi Everyone!

I think I was long overdue to join a community of traders, so I greatly appreciate Big Mike taking the time and effort to create a site like this.

A little about me... Most of my education in chart reading has come from reading Al Brooks and my experience has largely been focused on trading the ES. I've sent my share of cash to money heaven in the learning process and, like many beginners out there, I still struggle with emotions affecting my judgements which, it turn, keeps me from being profitable (eg. my practice trading on Ninjatrader market replays goes well consistently).

I read Gary Dayton's book, Trade Mindfully, and I'm kind of embarrassed to say how many of the beginner errors I recognized

Aside from extinguishing some of these bad habits, I plan to explore more about VSA, Weiss and Mbox wave indicators to see if focusing on volume in the ES is helpful to my trading.

I enjoying learning and listening to others and welcome feedback.

Thanked by:
Abaci
Bilbao,Spain

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 3

Hi,

New to the forum, almost 3 years trading futures here.

Glad to be here.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts