NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,254,310 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

Semenov
Orenburg Russia

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I am glad to be on this forum. I have been in trade since 2007. I started, like almost everyone else, with Forex. in 2010 he began trading in futures with the broker mirus. in the same year I got acquainted with the analytical platform NeuroShellDay Trader and to this day I use it composing various neural networks and much more. I will be happy to share my ideas in various developments.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Option : Call and Put increase at same time ?
The Elite Circle

ntrader562
san francisco, ca

Thanks Given: 1

Thank you Mike.
I'm familiar with option trading and have recently joined ShadowTrader where I have gotten interested in futures trading.
I'm intrigued by /ES and /NQ ETH activity and how it influences the RTH opening and vice versa.
I ran into futures.io when searching for a way to do a volume profile chart separating RTH and ETH and found the following ThinkScript "Volume Profile RTH v Overnight v1"
I'm looking forward to learning from this community.
Thanks

Thanked by:
bithead007
Denver Colorado

Thanks Given: 1

Like Big Mike, I blew out an account. I'm not easily discouraged though. Then I discovered I had a talent for trading options, not so much picking stocks, and the transition from investor to options trader took hold, allowing me to more easily make money in any market. Don't get me wrong, I still get spanked by things like Covid, but I roared back this year. So much so that I am now moving more into futures, and of course, options on futures.

To that end I am trying to decide today between CQG and Multicharts. I have TDAmeritrade and Tradestation now (mostly). I am used to seeing multiple charts at once, and I like algorithmic/coding when I have time to do it (I still work full time). I like using matrix-type views (is that what a DOM is?) and would like to see some enhancements over what Tradestation does, like perhaps some liquidity condition I can attach to a buy/sell in the matrix so that a certain volume level is also required, not just a price touch.

I have a lot to learn and hopefully can contribute to productive discussions in the forums.

Thanks! And Happy holidays,

bithead007

Thanked by:
 TheRockasaki 
Mckinney, Texas

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini MES, Emini ES

Hello,

I started with trading Penny Stocks in April 2020 - did okay, but just didn't like dealing with the PDT rule, among other irritating things when I went live.

Paper traded Futures on NinjaTrader in May 2020, and did amazing. Went live in June 2020 with no real discipline in following my trading plan, and lost 2/3 of my account. The difference between trading the ES with a $100K demo account versus trading a $5K Live account was quite the slap in the face. Have read a couple of books on trading psychology since then.

While reading the trading psychology books, I bought a price action trading course from a guy named Mack for scalping the Futures instruments. Did a demo account for 3 months, but can't commit to the level of focus needed for scalping, as I work a full time job. Some variation of swing trading is what I need to do to build up my account while working full time.

I have now done a little over 2 months of paper trading on the Forex markets, after watching tons of YouTube videos and completing a course I paid for. I like that I can do intra-day AND multi-day swing trading in Forex. Some of the price action strategies I learned in Forex may be applicable with intra-day swing trading on the Futures instruments. I am currently back testing for feasibility, and it looks promising.

I hope to glean knowledge from experienced traders here, and I am more than willing to help if I can.

Best wishes with everyone's trading!

The Rockasaki

Thanked by:
RAGAV
HYDERABAD, India

Thanks Given: 56

Hi,

I am a trader from India. I have been trading in stocks and options for few years. I would like to understand stocks, futures and futures options market in US.

Thanks,
Ragav

Thanked by:
 taw643512 
Austin, Texas

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZB Futures
Thanks Given: 6

Hello,

My name is Tyrone, and like many people in the world, Covid19 has impacted all aspects of my life. 2020 was the first year I bought stocks outside of my 401K. I've recently became interested in trading and have been using Ninja trader for about a month. Im open to any tips. This site seems like it can be very useful once I learn to use it.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 smil1555 
Auckland, New Zealand

Platform: TD Ameritrade
Trading: Futures, Stocks

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you to you Mike for setting up this site and for the nice introduction.

I have been around the markets and trading/investing for years now, but only recently made the committment to make trading my future livelihood. As many others have probably experienced, I have had some big ups and downs over the years, but I am only recently starting to appreciate the need for me to either take trading seriously or not do it at all. So I have made the decision to seek out a proper trading education, mentors and a trading community so that I can give myself every opportunity to achieve a livelihood for myself as a trader, and hopefully when I have achieved this, i can give something back to others on a similar path.

Thanks,
smil1555

Thanked by:
 kumeil 
Grande-Synthe

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: mes, mnq, FGBL
Thanks Given: 2

Hello Mike, Hello everyone ... !!

I discovered trading during the containment this spring, looking for de-banking solutions ... and I was literally fascinated by this art of adaptation to uncertainty ...

I have a second cycle training in mathematics and worked in the fields of education, socio-cultural associations and journalism

So I am a beginner ... I opened an account in which I am swingtrading on European equities ... and started to train myself seriously for daytrading on index futures and Bund ...

For the moment I trade the indices in CFDs and realize that to work seriously the tools and flows of instruments on futures are essential ... I will therefore switch to a futures account very soon.

Thank you for your welcome and I hope to bring as much as possible

Mashkur2021
London

Hi Thanks for letting me join in the forum, I started my trading since 2016 in FOREX, lots of ups and downs had to go through, still learning everyday, and decided to trade on FUTURES, that is why I am here, finding information about FUTURES market all the ins and outs. Hope to start trading once I have bit of knowledge.

All the seniors, could you please advice a good broker that I can connect NT8 as well as TradingView Account?

Thanks

Mash

Thanked by:
M4STR0
Florence

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 9

Hello, I started trading in paper when I was 13-14 years old in the early 2000 in forex with MetaTrader but in a discretionary way, then I put aside this passion of mine since a year back, when I dived deep in algorithmic and systematic trading. I was asked by the husband of my sister, a discretionary trader, to make a system for him, so I learned some basics of MQL and I liked the whole world of quantitative and algorithmic and systematic trading. So after developing the system for him I started to develop some other EAs for me and study more the matter and lost quite some monies trading forex mechanically and try to do meanwhile also some investements.
Then I discovered and started to trade seasonal spreads on agricultural futures, I am still suffering and not in breakeven but seems like now I am recovering, from subscriptions costs of a well known seasonal research app. Meanwhile I am studying more and I am close to start putting live some serious algo trading systems with multicharts, I also decided to quit my job and I hope to make quantitative algo trading a profession I can make my living with.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts