NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Help with making a Signal based on MACD Indicator


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,246 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
AndreasDas
New York, NY/US
 
Posts: 1 since Jun 2012
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hello,

I am trying to make a Signal in EL based on the MACD. I have used the code from a different Post here to get the MACD and all the Variables running. I am unsure yet how to adress exactly the elements that I need within the Indicator.

Code Used for MACD:

Inputs:FastLength(26),SlowLength(12),MacdLength(9);

MyMACD = MACD( Close, FastLength, SlowLength ); //Code Snippets regarding MACD copied from Forum
MACDAvg = XAverage( MyMACD, MACDLength );
MACDDiff = MyMACD - MACDAvg ;

What I need to program is a signal that triggers a buy one bar after the histogramm has peaked.

I have just begun learning EasyLanguage and this is given me headaches as I dont know how to properly define the necessary condition to make this happen.

If anybody could help em it'd be greatly appreciated.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks




Last Updated on June 15, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts