NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 101 posts (443 thanks)
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 25 posts (204 thanks)
    3. looks_3 vvhg with 20 posts (49 thanks)
    4. looks_4 VinceVirgil with 19 posts (38 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cpolk2013 with 21.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 8.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 6.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 4.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 681,801 views
    2. thumb_up 6,397 thanks given
    3. group 1,752 followers
    1. forum 1,263 posts
    2. attach_file 782 attachments

Search this Thread

Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!

aslan 
Madison, WI

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ALT
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 356
Thanks Received: 1,127

Kone View Post
Hi All

I have been thinking for a long time to either post on this thread or not Finally I beefed up my courage and have now decided to only register my participation and nothing more than that

I am a Pre-Beginner, and as of now learning about Futures(especially about Price Ladder, Volume Profile, Footprint, etc.). In around 2 weeks time, I will do some replay practices and then will do my first trade in Futures

Cheers

Bravo!

You don't need most of what people post here, as it is more of a whose is bigger competition (which may be counter to getting started). As you mature, sometimes more is better to a degree.

When I vote on this thread, I vote for who has cleanest set up (my desk is normally not eligible lol) and has explained why they have/need what they have. Also environment is a huge factor.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Donovan2580
Port St. Lucie, FL

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 37

Kone View Post
Hi All

I have been thinking for a long time to either post on this thread or not Finally I beefed up my courage and have now decided to only register my participation and nothing more than that

I am a Pre-Beginner, and as of now learning about Futures(especially about Price Ladder, Volume Profile, Footprint, etc.). In around 2 weeks time, I will do some replay practices and then will do my first trade in Futures

Cheers

I think you will find "traders" in general are a very supportive group. Sometimes less is more & what you have there is perfect for what you need at the moment.

Market Profile/Volume is a great method to learn - it will serve you well in the future & across many markets.

Best of luck to you!

Thanked by:
redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 426

Kone View Post
Hi All

Cheers

Howdy!

I will share my best tool to help you succeed in your new venture:

Patience!!! In every way possible....Seriously.

It's a great pursuit.....if you continue

Success to you!

Thanked by:
ColtonSmith17
Reno NV USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 11

Here’s my Desk. I revamped the layout and tried to clean it up a bit. I used to have one 46” monitor and one 32” now I have TWO 32” right in front of me and I added in a 32” Visio sound bar with a subwoofer so I can enjoy some music or awesome webinars haha
Also I finally got a battery power backup for internet and the monitors, I tested it with my new configuration and it supplies me with 9 Minutes MAX to be able to get out of a position/ save my work.
I don’t get a kink in my neck anymore and I can hear everything going on and I have the confidence that I won’t be totally screwed if we have a power outage. 😂

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFA3EBCB-293F-4E66-87AA-F2CD127E3049.jpeg
Views:	425
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	311094   Click image for larger version

Name:	3D2FC191-B7A6-444C-A926-4DD4BC2CB581.jpeg
Views:	337
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	311095   Click image for larger version

Name:	16E5E9D8-21E5-47E8-9C90-8A761923632F.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	311104  
lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

While I appreciate all this, but it makes me think do we *really* need these many monitors and these many charts to look at to be successful? Because I know someone who uses a single laptop with two charts in it trading very good with 80-100 lots everyday....

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Donovan2580
Port St. Lucie, FL

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 37

redbarntrades View Post
Howdy!

I will share my best tool to help you succeed in your new venture:

Patience!!! In every way possible....Seriously.

It's a great pursuit.....if you continue

Success to you!

Could not agree more. Patience is BY FAR the most important tool in trading

Thanked by:
 EgoRisk 
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8, Bookmap
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 198

Donovan2580 View Post
Could not agree more. Patience is BY FAR the most important tool in trading

Amen, brother.

bblnt 
Budapest

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader, TradingView
Trading: ES, NQ, ZB, CL, 6E
Thanks Received: 1

Instead of a trading desk, I created a "trading couch" setup.
Since we traders are sitting countless hours in front of the screen, I realized that setting up my system next to a couch is a way more comfortable solution.
When I am travelling I am also fine with a high-end laptop but this system is amazing in testing workloads and also when there is extreme market activity, the lags are minimal.
I advise everyone to keep up with the new technologies, institutions and algos are getting better and better.

The computer
Processor: Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics card: Asus TUF nVidia RTX 3090
RAM: Corsair DDR4-3600Mhz 64GB
Keyboard and mouse setup: Couchmaster Cycon2

The monitor
I used to have 4 monitors, but decided to switch to a single 8K monitor (82" - Samsung Q800T), which has 33M pixels (equals to 4 x 4K monitors).
Usually I use it on higher resolution scale (150%), when I focus on one market, typically ES (first photo).
But when there is more to be followed, I switch to the 8K mode (second photo).

The charts
I use Ninjatrader, TradingView and Bookmap with support/resistance lines and indicators, volume profiles and iCOT.

TS-01

TS-02

TS-03

TS-04

TS-05

redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 426

bblnt View Post
Instead of a trading desk, I created a "trading couch" setup.
Since we traders are sitting countless hours in front of the screen, I realized that setting up my system next to a couch is a way more comfortable solution.
When I am travelling I am also fine with a high-end laptop but this system is amazing in testing workloads and also when there is extreme market activity, the lags are minimal.
I advise everyone to keep up with the new technologies, institutions and algos are getting better and better.

The computer
Processor: Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics card: Asus TUF nVidia RTX 3090
RAM: Corsair DDR4-3600Mhz 64GB
Keyboard and mouse setup: Couchmaster Cycon2

The monitor
I used to have 4 monitors, but decided to switch to a single 8K monitor (82" - Samsung Q800T), which has 33M pixels (equals to 4 x 4K monitors).
Usually I use it on higher resolution scale (150%), when I focus on one market, typically ES (first photo).
But when there is more to be followed, I switch to the 8K mode (second photo).

The charts
I use Ninjatrader, TradingView and Bookmap with support/resistance lines and indicators, volume profiles and iCOT.

TS-01

TS-02

TS-03

TS-04

TS-05

Faster than a speeding bullet!

Thanked by:
ColtonSmith17
Reno NV USA

Thanks Received: 11

"NEED", No definitely not but, if you like something why not do it your own way? Trading is an individual sport haha

Last Updated on April 2, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts