NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Multicharts/TWS duplicating stops & strategy/broker positions getting out of sync.


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,813 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Splint
Geelong, Australia
 
Posts: 2 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

Hi,

I'm having a few issues with Multicharts and TWS. What's happening is stop loss orders in the portfolio window are sometimes duplicating themselves and when the stops are hit, and rather than close the trade it takes the opposite side.

I'm only trading a sim account but I really need to get this sorted. I've not been able to find a reason for this but it can happen if I restart TWS and it can happen by itself without any operator input.

I'm still gathering information about when and what conditions trigger these events. I have a theory that switching on auto trading when there is a recently closed trade in the position window shown as 0 contracts results in an entry order being confused with a stop loss.

Sometimes in the order and position tracking window the broker position and strategy positions become inconsistent.

I have also noticed that some open positions are running without stops when they should have a stop in place.

Has anyone here experienced any type of issue like this?

Thanks
Splint


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 vegasfoster 
las vegas
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Velocity/IB
Trading: 6E
Posts: 1,145 since Feb 2010
Thanks Given: 304
Thanks Received: 845

I did with Ninjatrader and TWS. Stop orders doubling up, closed positions that magically reappeared later as never having been closed, not being able to close positions at all, etc. You might try connecting directly to the gateway and see if that doesn't help.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on July 24, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts