NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

CL Light Crude Analysis TPO/MP/VWAP/VPOC

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one greenr with 548 posts (896 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobarian with 328 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GaryD with 249 posts (161 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Private Banker with 182 posts (760 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Private Banker with 4.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two greenr with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 GaryD with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobarian with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 362,858 views
    2. thumb_up 2,611 thanks given
    3. group 106 followers
    1. forum 1,806 posts
    2. attach_file 1,050 attachments

Search this Thread

CL Light Crude Analysis TPO/MP/VWAP/VPOC

greenr 
london/england

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

Private Banker View Post
That may be it. We ran up to last month's extreme on this spike higher. Just managing remaining 1/3 at this point but may need to bail as well.

Typical I call it a day and go gym and we get a rally

Nice one PB can count on you to take advantage

" I will follow my rules, I will take my stops, I will be disciplined and i will work with the market....NOT AGAINST IT! Professional mind control is the key"
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

OK, out of my runner on that move. That'll be it for me today. We're now within the last 30 minutes of RTH and I typically don't take anything after 2pm. Anyway, its been fun. Hope you all had a great trading day!

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

today, an interesting day in the cl..but arent they always?On the open, cl pulled back to 1st std dev eth,into single prints from yest.Today was a battle of the 1st std deviations.Finally,cl coiled off the open price , and shot up to explore new highs, which failed.

Although we closed higher,the value area was contained within yest value area..AND on lower vol then yesterday,Being that we are in no mans land between the 2 brackets, i view this as resistance, until it breaks upward on volume...However, these next 2 weeks, with the holidays and fiscal cliff, one has to be careful.

Upon returning from vacation, after reading Markets in Profile, i felt armed with some good info, to understand things a little easier.Hah..nothing is easy

this is a checklist i will do for each am
1.long range, where are we within the bracket?
2.in the previous few days, is value following price up/down,or diverging?
3.Identify single print areas from yesterday, as well as pivots(vah/val/poc/h/l/c,etc
4.todays eth vwap levels upon open
5.look for trades in the extremes off the open,that coincide with the pivots ,and be aware of single print areas at all times,yest, and todays rth developing.
6.Watch for one time framing on rth
did i miss anything?hehe
STAY POSITIVE

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 12 20 recap.mp4
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,176
Thanks Received: 6,020

A collection of squiggly lines that reflect my personal observations for today price action:

Thanked by:
 kulu 
Buckeye Nation

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, 6E, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 159
Thanks Received: 242

bobarian View Post
today, an interesting day in the cl..but arent they always?On the open, cl pulled back to 1st std dev eth,into single prints from yest.Today was a battle of the 1st std deviations.Finally,cl coiled off the open price , and shot up to explore new highs, which failed.

Although we closed higher,the value area was contained within yest value area..AND on lower vol then yesterday,Being that we are in no mans land between the 2 brackets, i view this as resistance, until it breaks upward on volume...However, these next 2 weeks, with the holidays and fiscal cliff, one has to be careful.

Upon returning from vacation, after reading Markets in Profile, i felt armed with some good info, to understand things a little easier.Hah..nothing is easy

this is a checklist i will do for each am
1.long range, where are we within the bracket?
2.in the previous few days, is value following price up/down,or diverging?
3.Identify single print areas from yesterday, as well as pivots(vah/val/poc/h/l/c,etc
4.todays eth vwap levels upon open
5.look for trades in the extremes off the open,that coincide with the pivots ,and be aware of single print areas at all times,yest, and todays rth developing.
6.Watch for one time framing on rth
did i miss anything?hehe
STAY POSITIVE

Thanks for the vid. I think one thing that we all should remember is that we should apply the MP/VP principles instead of just reading off what the indicator shows. For instance, this morning I asked about "what value" is when yesterday's profile was so stretched out? What I was getting at there was that, really, yesterday was more of a double distribution day (separated by the single prints). So according to the auction theory, we expected some repair to the single prints. Then depending on whether there were buyers there, price would be rejected or accepted in which case, we would have auctioned lower to the morning balance area before the news spike.

However, if you just took the labels per your MP/VP tool, one would have marked VAL at around the 89.00 level which of course we didn't reach. My point is, we have to apply the material instead of just reading off VAL/VAH levels.

Just my 2 cents

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

kulu View Post
Thanks for the vid. I think one thing that we all should remember is that we should apply the MP/VP principles instead of just reading off what the indicator shows. For instance, this morning I asked about "what value" is when yesterday's profile was so stretched out? What I was getting at there was that, really, yesterday was more of a double distribution day (separated by the single prints). So according to the auction theory, we expected some repair to the single prints. Then depending on whether there were buyers there, price would be rejected or accepted in which case, we would have auctioned lower to the morning balance area before the news spike.

However, if you just took the labels per your MP/VP tool, one would have marked VAL at around the 89.00 level which of course we didn't reach. My point is, we have to apply the material instead of just reading off VAL/VAH levels.

Just my 2 cents

off the rth open , i try to be aware of the prev single prin areas.Today, which i missed, was a good example just off the open.Cl pulled back just after the open , and rejected off of yest val(vol based),which also coincided with a single print on yest uppper distribution area.Yest tpo val was lower.I know it seems like im just rattling off levels, but these levels come into play every day.The challenge is to understand, with context, where the confluence is, and act accordingly.I willl say , that i am slowly improving, but am not there yet.However, there are others that are contributing to the thread and are very good with this.Thankfully.

As far as the val at 89.00,ion my charts with my parameters, i dont see that.In the few months that ive been digesting the auction theory/MP,i have come to realize, that many traders use these tool very differently.Not necessarily wrong/right...I say, whatever works for the individual.

i do the recaps/video, because i want the feedback and the input,and i think the contributions are important to have a useful thread.I use them to study, as it enables me to look at over and over, to drill the stuff into my head!

thanks for the comments

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

a big drop overnight...not a surprise...One point of interest,is the rejection with volume at yest tpo val

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

overnight levels

greenr 
london/england

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

bobarian View Post
a big drop overnight...not a surprise...One point of interest,is the rejection with volume at yest tpo val

Do you have a crazy gap too

I have reoladed my data a few time and it seem like not a fault

" I will follow my rules, I will take my stops, I will be disciplined and i will work with the market....NOT AGAINST IT! Professional mind control is the key"

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

greenr View Post
Do you have a crazy gap too

I have reoladed my data a few time and it seem like not a fault

Attachment 97825

yes, last night, it seems the quotes stopped...i am going to assume that there was enough time for vwap levels to be useful

Last Updated on July 17, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts