NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Cost of Ninjatrader

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one KosherTrader with 14 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Tasker_182 with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MWinfrey with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Itchymoku with 5 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one DarkPoolTrading with 16 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 MWinfrey with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 24,192 views
    2. thumb_up 36 thanks given
    3. group 15 followers
    1. forum 53 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

The Cost of Ninjatrader

Tasker_182 
Cedar Rapids, iowa
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader - Continuum
Thanks Given: 476
Thanks Received: 1,401

Itchymoku View Post
Sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen lol

Not quite sure I am communicating correctly. You can place all your orders before entering the market. Set your stop, set your profit target and of course set a limit order to enter as you wish.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,681

Tasker_182 View Post
Not quite sure I am communicating correctly. You can place all your orders before entering the market. Set your stop, set your profit target and of course set a limit order to enter as you wish.

yeah but there's a slim chance if you walk away from the computer or don't close out the limit or stop after the other has been filled you could get stuck in an unprotected trade if the market reverses. That's the nightmare. If you're scalping the market could fill your limit or stop and suddenly reverse to fill the other order before you can cancel it if there is high volatility. I know it's rare, but I'm sure it could happen especially if you're distracted by something outside of trading. If you're a more of a long term trader lets say an hourly trader odds are you probably aren't by your computer the whole time to cancel the remaining limit or stop. Even a vps can't save you with this. But hey, I don't care about the price, I just think if they're going to give the free version then ocos should be the last thing they hold back from the customers. I can't really see any other reason that they do this other then to give customers incentive to lease or buy the product. It's very confusing why they'd limit such a crucial feature to trading and not something less dangerous to your capital.

R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Thanked by:
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,681

Itchymoku View Post
yeah but there's a slim chance if you walk away from the computer or don't close out the limit or stop after the other has been filled you could get stuck in an unprotected trade if the market reverses. That's the nightmare. If you're scalping the market could fill your limit or stop and suddenly reverse to fill the other order before you can cancel it if there is high volatility. I know it's rare, but I'm sure it could happen especially if you're distracted by something outside of trading. If you're a more of a long term trader lets say an hourly trader odds are you probably aren't by your computer the whole time to cancel the remaining limit or stop. Even a vps can't save you with this. But hey, I don't care about the price, I just think if they're going to give the free version then ocos should be the last thing they hold back from the customers. I can't really see any other reason that they do this other then to give customers incentive to lease or buy the product. It's very confusing why they'd limit such a crucial feature to trading and not something less dangerous to your capital.

^This to me is factored into the true cost of ninja trader direct edition even though it is free. Honestly there is a whole laundry list of things that could be simply improved with Ninja trader, especially Ninja trader replay, but bickering about it gets us nowhere. Despite all of Ninja trader's flaws it still has an impressive and easy to use interface which will always be regarded in my mind as the platform I loved to start with trading futures in the beginning. It holds a certain level of nostalgia to me. Even though the replay feature frustrates me with certain flaws I haven't been able to find a better one. So, please if anyone knows of a superior replay software let me know as I'm constantly looking for new strategies to use in combination with already existing ones. Thank you.

R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.
 ProsperousTrader 
Greenville, South Carolina United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 0

DarkPoolTrading View Post
@KosherTrader, most of your threads are about everything being too expensive in the world of trading:

The first was about futures.io (formerly BMT) elite membership
Then Jigsaw
Then Ninjatrader

It's reasonable to want to shop around for the best deal with any purchase, but if these sorts of startup costs are really that much of an issue then you are not in a place financially to begin trading. It is what it is, take it or leave it.

futures.io (formerly BMT) has massive amounts of useful information, webinars and downloads in the free section. If you like what you see and want more, get an elite membership.

Jigsaw has a two week money back guarentee. Try it for two weeks and if you dont like it, get your money back.

Ninjatrader is 100% free to use in SIM with LIVE market data. You can do absolutely everything Ninjatrader has to offer for free until such time as you want to trade live. Again,....try it and see if you want to buy it.

Trading is hard and you're going to be up against the best in the world with unlimited funds behind them. You need to be well capitalized to stand any chance of surviving the learning curve. If saving a few hundred dollars on initial startup costs for software is an issue,..then you are no where near well capitalized enough to survive the learning curve that is yet to come.

Sorry to be blunt, but your threads all revolve around the same topic of trading startup costs being too expensive. It is what it is. Try the free trials. Take it or leave it. How they choose to price their products is a business decision and has nothing to do with you ultimately becoming a successful trader.

Last Updated on December 18, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts