NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Bookmap with 23 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 11 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 10 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mattz with 9 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one dom64 with 1.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Bookmap with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 86,659 views
    2. thumb_up 99 thanks given
    3. group 53 followers
    1. forum 158 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 215
Thanks Received: 359

mattz View Post
Would be glad to give you a demo for Rithmic and help you out.

Nice! Nothing better than a try it before you buy it. Best of all worlds to see if it suits and fits your needs.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

Perpetual888 View Post
Thanks Matt. I'll have to take a closer look at Rithmic.

Would be glad to give you a demo for Rithmic and help you out.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Perpetual888 
Vancouver Island

Platform: Bookmap, Sierra Chart
Broker: IB, Rithmic
Trading: ES CL NG
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 1

So, I just checked to re-confirm that dxFeed does now offer full-depth data, and they do supply data for CME Group futures, as well as for US stocks. Their website promotes both of these services.

With respect to concerns about using two data feeds - that's why I specifically asked Bookmap this question "Could I run Bookmap on my PC with the dxFeed and IB as my broker, while concurrently running TWS and IB provided data for other instruments and trades on my Mac?"

I would like IBs real-time data feed to go to the Mac running TWS for other trades (options, spreads, etc), while the dxFeed data would go to the PC, which would be running Bookmap for futures trading.

Hopefully that makes sense....

I really appreciate all the comments and Matt's offer. Will take some time to consider all of this over the weekend and reconnect with it early next week.

Cheers!

Thanked by:

Bookmap  Bookmap is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 173

Perpetual888 View Post
I’m in Canada and IB is my broker. I primarily trade US energy futures on Nymex and would like to keep IB as my broker but use dxFeed for data. What’s the cost of the dxFeed data added on?

Also, I trade using IB TWS on a Mac. Are there differences between Bookmap for Mac vs Bookmap for PC? If so, could I run Bookmap on my PC with the dxFeed and IB as my broker, while concurrently running TWS and IB provided data for other instruments and trades on my Mac?

Hi Perpetual888,

I apologize for the late response, somehow I didn't receive the automatic email informing us someone asked a question in Futures.IO. Nonetheless, you've received some very nice feedback by other traders.

There are only minor differences between the Mac and PC Bookmap versions, mostly due to keyboard layouts, etc. Note you can only have one instance of Bookmap open at a time. However, you can connect that particular Bookmap instance to multiple data providers at the same time like Rithmic, IB, dxFeed, GDAX, and several others. You will not be able to run Bookmap at the same time on the Mac and PC unless you have 2 separate Bookmap licenses.

If you run dxFeed for stocks, you can routes orders from Bookmap directly to your IB account. This will not work for futures though. You can also connect Bookmap to IB TWS for futures and trade from Bookmap. Your IB TWS will need to remain open, Or you could connect Bookmap to dxfeed for futures but trade from your Mac connected to your IB TWS. There are many scenarios here. Perhaps a phone call to 917-708-8171 would be easier to clarify these connectivity scenarios.

Yes, both Rithmic and dxfeed for Futures offer full market depth for CME, CBOT, COMEX, NYMEX. This is a very nice advantage in depth transparency which can be very useful for much higher time frame order flow analysis and insights.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 ziggy123 
boston

Platform: ninja
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 99

Out or curiosity - is there a reason for an individual to own/ pay for bookmap now that Ninjatrader has

Orderloe tools such as the “HeatMap” (rearing bid & ask map) + order size (balloons) and delta footprint ?

I’m asking this as a LIFETIME OWNER of Ninja.

Cheers,
S

ABQJuan 
Albuquerque, NM United States

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Jigsaw, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 3

Bookmap offers a free version - limited to one crypto. Why don't you download it and see for yourself?

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,858

ziggy123 View Post
Out or curiosity - is there a reason for an individual to own/ pay for bookmap now that Ninjatrader has

Orderloe tools such as the “HeatMap” (rearing bid & ask map) + order size (balloons) and delta footprint ?

Cheers,
S

The information presented by BookMap is subjective at best. This is the same for NinjaTrader's version and is the same for Jigsaw.

The Bookmap version likely has lots more bells and whistles and perhaps is more attractive to look at. A better question to ask would be, how is BookMap going to help improve my trading vs. using NinjaTrader's own version.

That is a rhetorical question in a sense because all these types of software do is display and organise information.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
--------------------------------------------------------
Thanked by:
 ziggy123 
boston

Platform: ninja
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 99

Totally agree - I own One of the sokutions - and cannot say I have found an “edge”.

I also believe Pete Davis from Jigsaw once said something along the lines that it’s not the “holy grail “ - and context is king (or something along those lines)

Logically thinking - you are only seeing “resting” orders on the “heatmap” - where pulling and adding + icebergs orders can be “played “ - so like anything else - it works in some instances - and not in others 😎

Cheers 🍷

JonnyBoy View Post
The information presented by BookMap is subjective at best. This is the same for NinjaTrader's version and is the same for Jigsaw.

The Bookmap version likely has lots more bells and whistles and perhaps is more attractive to look at. A better question to ask would be, how is BookMap going to help improve my trading vs. using NinjaTrader's own version.

That is a rhetorical question in a sense because all these types of software do is display and organise information.

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

I'm going to disagree here on Bookmap. I signed up about a week ago. This weekend I spent about 10 hours in replay. Traded the CL live this morning. I have to say that I find it quite interesting and useful once you jump over how the "bubbles" are working. I'm looking for support for my own algos which run on Ninja 7 charts along with Jigsaw. I don't run Ninja 8 so I don't see their version of a Bookmap-like indicator.

If you combine Jigsaw with Bookmap I think you're getting a lot of useful information which is very graphic. This afternoon I went over my trades today in replay. It definitely supports my entries along with Jigsaw; conversely I can see when I should wait a few ticks before entering.

I generally make videos of interesting days or examples I want to review. When I have time, I'll make a video of what I saw today. The ramp up at 6 AM PST was clear as a bell. Then another ramp after the NYSE open. The absorption on Jigsaw combined with the volume bubbles gives a lot of confidence if your algo/setup triggers which mine did.

I think it just takes time (like 10 hours this weekend and this afternoon in replay of my trades!) to put it all together. May not be for everyone, but so far, I like it.

Thanked by:
 EgoRisk 
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8, Bookmap
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 198

ziggy123 View Post

Cheers,
S

I find this to be a very important question.

Bookmap has the mbo and historical backfill with full market depth when using Rithmic. dxFeed has these things too, except I am not sure about mbo data with dxFeed. I use CQG data with NT8; CQG does not have full depth, or historical backfill, or mbo data. Further, NT8 (and its market depth or "heat map") cannot do historical backfill or take advantage of mbo data. The lack of support for mbo data, I believe, prevents the zooming down into the microsecond like you can with Bookmap..tho I don't really find that to be a big deal. Also, NT8 does not have a true tick cahrt like Bookmap; it has down to one second bars and this is usually fine for me. Maybe others can slice up that sub-second data better than me to discern actionable info. I can't. But mbo data shows your position in the queue if you use limit order entries like me. NT8 should darn(?) sure figure this out and use it. Jigsaw also lacks historical backfill and mbo data support, unless that has changed recently.

Anyway, I know next to nothing and act smarter than I am. But if there was a way to amalgamate the positive attributes of NT8, Jigsaw, and Bookmap into one platform and sold for a reasonable price..that provider would have a lot of customers. For the price though, there's no reason not to have all three. You can make plenty of money to afford all three if you have a basic understanding of auction market theory, have a modicum of screen time just watching price, and understand how to use each platform...in my opinion. I find these three to have everything that is needed. My problem is and has always been my mental state.

Jigsaw has the order book. NT8 has the broad charting and general study (writing scripts to test for whatever statistical occurrences and gather data). And Bookmap has the passive map side. Both Bookmap and NT8 have the active side trade bubbles; it's nice to see active trade bubbles on something other than Bookmap's tick chart...and by tick chart I do not mean tick-count-based bars; I mean tick chart.

Not sure what my original point was . . .

https://www.cmegroup.com/education/market-by-order-mbo.html

Last Updated on December 20, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts