NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Laserdan's Development of a Stategy


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,165 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Laserdan 
North Carolina
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninja Trader Broker / Continuum
Trading: ES
Posts: 57 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 57

Well here it goes...

I have been told that I am a breakout trader, so I thought I would document the idea I came up with.

I use Point and Figure charts (PnF) developed by Tradingstudies.com for ninja trader. Trading the ES and using box sizes of 1 tick X 3 ticks , 4 ticks and 5 ticks

right now I am fooling around with DeltaBidAsk Volume as a confirmation of the break out. Havent coded it into the strat yet, but visually looking at it.

Here are my charts:


All of this is in development, So i will keep you posted.


Follow me on X Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590

Hi Laserdan, a few questions

Is this mechanical or fully automated?
Have you traded it cash?
If automated, do you take any discretionary trades or only the strategy?
Have you backtested it, and if so, what do you think of the results?

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 Laserdan 
North Carolina
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninja Trader Broker / Continuum
Trading: ES
Posts: 57 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 57


Right now it is in the idea stage.

My intention is to update the community as to my progess each week.

I want it to be fully automatic.

Right now I am running the strategy in simulation on live data in real time in the 3 timeframes shown in the pic. That way i can get a feel for the bid ask delta on trades that do work.

Since I have not written the piece for shorts, I will explain the longs.

The Green arrows below the price bars on the PnF charts on the bottom are my entry signals - which sets a buy stop 1 tick above the previous (green) bar. The numbers below the green arrow are the number of bars that have the same High. Right now I am taking every entry without regard to DeltaBidAsk.

The plan is to see if there is a correlation between volume and Break outs and modify the script to look for those before entering.

So ideas are welcome, but not neccesary...I will keep you all updated.

The 15min chart and 30s chart are just for me, not related to strat at all.


Follow me on X Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on July 7, 2009


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts