NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Muttoez Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one muttoez with 467 posts (258 thanks)
    2. looks_two FlyingMonkey with 6 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jokertrader with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bathrobe with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FlyingMonkey with 1.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jokertrader with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bathrobe with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 muttoez with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 62,580 views
    2. thumb_up 278 thanks given
    3. group 24 followers
    1. forum 482 posts
    2. attach_file 37 attachments

Search this Thread

Muttoez Trading Journal

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: CSI / Sierra Chart
Broker: IB
Trading: Everything
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 313

I was stopped out of my Lean Hogs position for a small loss today.

HE – Lean Hogs

Trade: Short 1 contract of August Lean Hogs
Entry Price: $0.7780
Exit Price: $0.8825
Trade Grade: 2/5

Trade Comment: At this stage it looks as though the Stop was a fraction too tight.

Daily Comment: Hogs opened higher today taking out my Stop before reversing to finish the day lower. I will wait for further price weakness and a break of the 61.8% retracement of the recent uptrend before attempting to re-enter.

Below are my comments on the opportunities I’m watching based on the day’s price action.

HG – Copper

Copper was higher again today surpassing the 61.8% retracement of the recent range. Price finished off the highs posting a candle with an upper shadow. After the break in the overnight session I entered a buy order below the market for the day session but my order was not triggered.

ZS – Soybeans

Soybeans rallied up to the 61.8% retracement of the corrective move today and closed back above the 40 SMA. If prices can surpass the 61.8% retracement level I may look to enter a Long position.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

No trades today.

Below are my comments on the opportunities I’m watching based on the day’s price action.

HE – Lean Hogs

Daily Comment: Hogs traded in a small range today both higher and lower but finished the day slightly lower. Prices are still holding above the 61.8% retracement of the recent range.

HG – Copper

Copper traded in a small range today posting an indecisive doji candle. My order was very close to being triggered in the overnight session but at this stage I’m still not on board.

ZS – Soybeans

Soybeans rallied up to the 61.8% retracement of the corrective move again today before reversing sharply to post a bearish full bodied candle.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

One small anticipatory trade in Lean Hogs this week which was quickly stopped out for a loss.

The opportunities I am currently watching are below.

ZS – Soybeans

New crop Soybeans rallied back up to the 61.8% retracement of the corrective range early in the week before reversing sharply to finish the week practically unchanged.

HE – Lean Hogs

Hogs started the week lower before rallying back up towards the falling 200 SMA in the middle week and then turned lower again to finish the week down at the 61.8% retracement of the recent range.

KC – Coffee

Coffee rallied up to the 161.8% extension of the recent range early in the week but struggled to hold this level to finish the week.

CT – Cotton

Cotton exploded higher this week quickly surpassing both the 161.8% and 261.8% extensions of the recent range before pausing at the 75 level.

SB – Sugar

Sugar continued to correct this week trading down towards the 40 SMA. Sugar might be a good buy at this level.

GC – Gold

Gold paused at the 161.8% extension level at the start of the week correcting back down to the 20 SMA.

HG – Copper

Copper broke strongly through the 200 SMA at the start of the week and broke through the top of the wedge before pausing. If prices can exceed the March highs Copper will look very bullish.

CL – Crude Oil

Oil traded in a small range this week between the 100 and 200 SMA’s. Prices are now in between the rising 100 SMA and the falling short term moving averages. I suspect that a break above or below one of these moving averages will provide clues to the next move for Oil.

NG – Natural Gas

Natural Gas continued lower this week but was well supported at the 2.70 level. The 40 SMA is breaking through the 200 SMA and may provide a good level to enter the long side when prices first intersect with the 40 SMA.

DX – US Dollar Index

The US Dollar was lower early in the week but finish the week strongly to close practically unchanged. Prices are still be held up at the 200 SMA and break of this level may provide an entry opportunity on the long side.

Thanked by:

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

I entered a Long position in Copper and Short position in Lean Hogs today.

Finished the day with a small gain with gains in Copper offset by losses in Hogs.

Below are my comments on my open positions based on the day’s price action.

HE – Lean Hogs

Entry Price: $0.77525
Risk: $0.7965 risking $850
Target: $0.60

Reasons for entering the trade:

Technical: Prices penetrated the 61.8% retracement of the recent uptrend.

Fundamental: Herd expansion with ample supply is pushing prices down.

Daily Comment: Prices were lower today trading down through the 61.8% retracement of the recent uptrend but finished the day off the lows posting a candle with a lower shadow.

HG – Copper

Trade: Long 1 contract of September Copper
Entry Price: $2.22
Risk: $2.195 risking $625
Target: $2.52

Reasons for entering the trade:

Technical: Prices have broken through the 61.8% retracement of the recent range and broken out of the top of the wedge formation.

Daily Comment: Copper traded back down to the 61.8% retracement of the recent range during the overnight session but bounced from this level to finish the day higher closing back above the top of the wedge and closing at the high.

SB – Sugar

Sugar paused at the 40 SMA today posting an indecisive doji candle.

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

No trades today.

Solid gains toady mainly in Copper.

HE – Lean Hogs

Target: $0.60

Daily Comment: Hogs opened slightly higher above the 61.8% retracement level but traded lower from there posting a bearish full bodied candle.

HG – Copper

Daily Comment: Copper was slightly lower in the overnight session but rallied during the day session to post a new closing high for the move.

SB – Sugar

Sugar opened higher before turning back lower and re-testing the 40 SMA.

DX – US Dollar Index

The dollar broke through the 200 SMA today posting a bullish full bodied candle.

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

No trades today.

A flay day with gains in Hogs offset by losses in Copper.

HE – Lean Hogs

Target: $0.58

Daily Comment: Hogs rallied back up to the 61.8% retracement level today before reversing strongly from this level to finish the day lower and post another bearish candle.

HG – Copper

Daily Comment: Copper was lower today re-testing the top boundary line but bounced from this to finish the day off the lows and post a candle with a lower shadow.

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

SB – Sugar

Sugar was slighter lower again today but held the 40 SMA.

DX – US Dollar Index

The dollar continued higher today trading up to the 61.8% retracement of the recent range but finished off the highs posting a candle with a small upper shadow.

NG – Natural Gas

Natural Gas was sharply lower today trading back towards the 40 SMA.

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

No trades today.

Further gains today in Hogs and Copper.

HE – Lean Hogs

Daily Comment: Hogs continued their downward momentum posting another bearish full bodied candle.

HG – Copper

Daily Comment: Copper tried to break higher again today but continues to run into resistance around the 2.28 level finishing off the highs and posting a candle with an upper shadow.

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

SB – Sugar

Sugar bounced from the 40 SMA today rallying up to the short term moving averages. Sugar finished off the highs posting a candle with an upper shadow.

DX – US Dollar Index

The dollar fell today but finished the day off the lows posting a candle with a lower shadow.

NG – Natural Gas

Natural Gas held at 40 SMA today finishing the day slightly higher.

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

No trades today.

Losses today in both Hogs and Copper.

HE – Lean Hogs

Daily Comment: Hogs made another new low for the move today before recovering to finish the day higher.

HG – Copper

Daily Comment: Copper opened higher before trading down to finish the day lower posting a bearish candle.

Last Updated on August 14, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts