NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Analytic with 122 posts (165 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 56 posts (241 thanks)
    3. looks_3 goodoboy with 45 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 26 posts (129 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Neo1 with 8.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Analytic with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 191,180 views
    2. thumb_up 1,258 thanks given
    3. group 96 followers
    1. forum 479 posts
    2. attach_file 157 attachments

Search this Thread

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

rremoved 
Tampa, Fl

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 39

Analytic View Post
Vinny is no Quant! I have personally met and spoken with the Top World Class Quants. Vinny is just your average retail trader playing with charts and garbage indicators.

Here is a list of the Quants I have met:

Edward Thorp (Wiley-Wilmott Summit)-> Met at Columbia University back in December 2012

Aaron Brown (AQR) -> Met and spoke with him at multiple events

Nassim Taleb (Bloomberg) -> Met and spoke with him at multiple Bloomberg Quant Seminars

Peter Carr (NYU) -> Met and spoke with him at multiple Bloomberg Quant Seminars

Paul Wilmott (CQF) -> Was one of my instructors in the Fitch CQF 6-month intensive Certificate in Quantitative Finance course (https://www.cqf.com:443/)
My final overall grade was 95%

Attilio Meucci (NYU, Bloomberg) -> Was my instructor at the Advanced risk and Portfolio Management Quant Bootcamp (https://www.arpm.co/quant-bootcamp/), 1 week intensive Quant Bootcamp Course

Marcos Lopez De Prado (Cornell, AQR) -> I audited his course on Machine Learning for Financial Applications at Cornell University back in Feb 2018.
https://www.orie.cornell.edu/faculty-directory/marcos-lopez-de-prado
https://www.orie.cornell.edu/orie/cfem

What did you just say you little b*tch? Vinny literally coded the top trading algorithms used by the largest institutions in existence. He’s an expert coder with a 210 IQ. And now, for the next 39 minutes and 42 seconds (see the timer?), YOU can get exclusive access to the secret quant formula used by Mr. Nasdaq himself, to earn $1million in trading profits daily. ACT NOW. Don’t leave home without it. Come check out the free discord and see how every one of his customers is laughing all the way to the bank. BUY NOW. (Please)

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

TickTricksta 
London, England

Platform: NT8, MT4/5
Trading: FX,Futures
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 34

rremoved View Post

It sounds like his audio box is lagging. on the final back breaking losing trade, the sound of the ticks came in long after the Renko bars printed. TickStrike is far superior, instant response of the audio, plus it actually works every day. Audio box is cheap copy and you get what you pay for (it’s free).

Yup, it most likely is lagging. He probably made this in Ninjascript. I've had problems myself when coding indicators for "listening" to orders.

Ninjascript gives you two options to play sound: in a queue as they come in, which makes sfx play in a row until they finish, causing major lag.
Or play a new sfx right away when a new event occurs, which causes sound to be overplayed and missed. It uses one channel audio pretty much.

My guess is that Vinny has a computer set up with an Ninjatrader installation that is playing ticks from YM, ES, NQ, RTY (because he likes confluence from those)
and then he just broadcasts the sounds through a Discord account on that computer. Once you coded sound effects with Ninjascript it's easy to get an understanding of how he set it up.

Ninjascript/Ninjatrader isn't made for something like Tick strike. It's made to give you alarms once in a while, but not play constant sounds.
You need proper multi channel audio to get what you actually want.
I've made indicators that does pretty much what Audiobox does, but I don't really use them due to the limitations of Ninjatrader.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,527
Thanks Received: 26,292

Looks like Vinny took down the videos that previously had links posted to them.

Must not have liked something about what was on them....

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 73
Thanks Received: 223

There are zero retail day traders that show a profitable verified 2-Year+ 3rd party track record.

There are at least three retail swing traders that have profitable verified 2-Year+ 3rd party track records.

Which time frame do you think you should be trading?

The numbers tell the story.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 311

LMAO... he bought 1.8 million fake subscribers on youtube because a 1.8 million channel gets a lot more than a couple hundred videos. He forgot to also buy the views per video

Thanked by:

Analytic 

Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 344
Thanks Received: 246

Analytic View Post

Hello Analytic;

Thank you for sharing.

I agree with Unger and systems trading, however, for a trader to trade like Unger with a portfolio of uncorrelated systems, the trader needs nearly +$200,000 minimum to invest. From my understanding, 1 trading system is not enough, as @kevinkdog has said, need about 20 to start to stay diversified and have to keep searching for a factory of systems. And I agree with either way.

Many day traders are too deep into manual clicking to go that route, IMO. They are just to deep into manual trading and manual effort.

Many day traders do not have this type of capital, so it is easy to revert back to discretionary trading and buying the day trading courses.

From my experience, having the right capital is important.

JMO

Analytic 

goodoboy View Post
Hello Analytic;

Thank you for sharing.

I agree with Unger and systems trading, however, for a trader to trade like Unger with a portfolio of uncorrelated systems, the trader needs nearly +$200,000 minimum to invest. From my understanding, 1 trading system is not enough, as @kevinkdog has said, need about 20 to start to stay diversified and have to keep searching for a factory of systems. And I agree with either way.

Many day traders are too deep into manual clicking to go that route, IMO. They are just to deep into manual trading and manual effort.

Many day traders do not have this type of capital, so it is easy to revert back to discretionary trading and buying the day trading courses.

From my experience, having the right capital is important.

JMO

Well with Micro contracts you can trade each strategy with around $5,000

With 10 strategies you would need $50,000 which I think is about average capital for most serious retail traders.

Unger uses a program called Titan which he runs at the end of every month to select the best strategies for the next month.
With 10 strategies there is still a good chance that Titan will find something fairly decent to trade during most months IMO.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,527
Thanks Received: 26,292

@Analytic and @goodoboy,

We're drifting away from Vinny lately in this thread.

I can certainly understand why. Vinny is simply not too interesting, except in a negative way. Looking to other alternatives that have more promise is much more interesting. But, unfortunately, also off-topic for this thread.

So please leave this thread just to Vinny. If you want to have a discussion on some other topic, such as what does work, or how one could tell something works by testing, or any other topic, that would be an excellent idea, in its own thread.

I'm not trying to discourage discussion -- quite the contrary -- but if interesting topics are buried down in the middle of totally different ones, they will just get lost.

So please, bring them to other threads where they can be the actual thread topic, and leave the Vinny review thread for Vinny.

Thanks.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:
 Pivot Point Guy 
Mtn Home, Idaho

Platform: NT8
Broker: NT
Trading: Stocks and Futures
Thanks Given: 57
Thanks Received: 46

I would like to start off with that I'm no rookie and have been trading for more than three decades. I've used more than seven trading platforms and been through several courses, mentors, systems, etc. through this journey.

I know what works and a good understanding of market manipulation which has encouraged me to build my own trading system especially after committing to the AlgoBox and Vinny experience I went through. I went all in with him, buying a new dedicated desktop PC, desk, keyboard, mouse, monitors, brackets, cables, another UPS, etc. after going through the first ten or so training videos.

Of course, after this is done his return policy of 14 days has expired. So, after the new setup is in place, I load AlgoBox into NT8 and it locks up NT8. I go through six support sessions and several other support session requests that are ignored over more than six months with various reasons what the problems are with NT8 locking up again and again the same day or next day after it's "fixed". I had gotten to the point where I'll give it one more attempt to resolve the issue or I'm done.

Well to summarize the rest of the story; I sent an email to Vinny stating this and he did the following.
I received two phone calls after 7pm that night which went to my answering machine as I was out of the house. He sent me a couple of emails stating he made those calls and wanted to help. He also included a link to a support session. I replied and stated I would be available the following afternoon and I did.

The link he provided didn't work. Why? He banished me from the majority of his Discord channel. I started a new support ticket and sent him a message that I was there and ready to once again try to fix the issue with him. He replied, "I don't know what you're talking about" and did nothing to help.
Well, that was the final straw, so I requested a full refund. Nope, he won't do a refund even after all of this. Really?? I received no value, no training with AlgoBox or mentoring.

I'm putting this out there so hopefully no one else wastes their hard-earned money and time as this man does not deserve it due to his actions. I have never made a review of any of the other bad experiences I've had over the years but this one was the worst of the bunch!

Regards,
PP Guy

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts