NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

e-mini futures trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one nirvikalpasamadhi with 165 posts (37 thanks)
    2. looks_two nb10071981 with 13 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tpredictor with 6 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 5 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kleinewaise with 0.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two nirvikalpasamadhi with 0.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 paps with 0.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 nb10071981 with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 31,966 views
    2. thumb_up 41 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 199 posts
    2. attach_file 188 attachments

Search this Thread

e-mini futures trading

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 47

this is my trading table, i dont use chair because i value my back

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my trading room.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	236399  
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Footprint for strategy Builder
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Funded Trader platforms
43 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
Trading with Intuition
18 thanks
Self sabotage reframed
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks
 JTT8 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, IB
Trading: ES, NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 7

nirvikalpasamadhi View Post
this is my trading table, i dont use chair because i value my back

Have you considered a standing desk? I am currently using one and would recommend it.

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

JTT8 View Post
Have you considered a standing desk? I am currently using one and would recommend it.

no i havent. i like the ball bacause i can wobble on it :-)

nb10071981
Daytona beach Florida

Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 32

example of sellers exhaustion. this entry has particulary well crafted all the entry parametrs. 100% repetition guaranteed.

the maret filled the first 2/3 position quickly - after that i am definig stoploss

Hey man, I enjoy reading your posts. You seem to have a very reliable strategy. I do have one particular thing I thought I might point out. Be careful using phrases such as "100% repetition guaranteed" As you might find out in the future that markets tend to change behavior. And nothing is 100% guaranteed. I'm not trying to come down on you or your methods. As I do think you are approaching markets with a highly technical and well thought out process. Your results speak for themselves. I look forward to reading more of your posts and will probably add some of my own ideas to this thread as time goes on. I try to focus on lower volume levels where price is continually rejected. I know this may seem basic. But it works for me and is a concept I can grasp and apply well in my trading. Anyway keep up the good work.

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

nb10071981 View Post
Hey man, I enjoy reading your posts. You seem to have a very reliable strategy. I do have one particular thing I thought I might point out. Be careful using phrases such as "100% repetition guaranteed" As you might find out in the future that markets tend to change behavior. And nothing is 100% guaranteed. I'm not trying to come down on you or your methods. As I do think you are approaching markets with a highly technical and well thought out process. Your results speak for themselves. I look forward to reading more of your posts and will probably add some of my own ideas to this thread as time goes on. I try to focus on lower volume levels where price is continually rejected. I know this may seem basic. But it works for me and is a concept I can grasp and apply well in my trading. Anyway keep up the good work.

hi thanx. what i mean "100% repeatable entry" is that i am sure i would click into it tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, the day after the day after tommorow etc.. simply anytime. because the situation is so clear to me. i cant say that all situations i trade are so clear. sometimes i need to be more discretional. i am not a robot. that makes the approach little bit more complicated, becauese not everthing i trade can be described eaasily and repeated next day. but when somehting is "100% repeatable entry", i know i would click into it even with my eyes closed.

it doesnt mean that the situtation will be 100% times profit, it will not. but i will take it 100% times i see it

nb10071981
Daytona beach Florida

Oh I get you now. I was assuming when you said 100% repetition guaranteed. That the trade would repeat the same results 100% of the time. Yeah what you just said makes more sense to me now. Anyway what's your opinion on this market today. It seems as if the intraday chart from today is a mirror image of yesterday's. Pretty much the same range. Same price discovery. And same levels being accepted and rejected. Kind of odd for a Friday to mirror a Thursday like this in my opinion.

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

there was just one worthclicking situation today on nasdaq in my productive time. and no others. timing entry based on sellers´ liquidity abusion.

i was able to open the position with 2 contracts only because at the moment of my entry it was not validated as a low heat entry. the first screenshot shows a situation which is lets say 50% repeatable for me.

the price went couple of ticks agains me and validated the situation as a low risk entry. it was a "possitive drawdown" so i tried to open other two contracts to move my average price little bit lower, yet the price jumped up very fast and i was unable to catch it, so i let it only with the contracts and did not add more. the second screenshot shows the situation which is much more better and is lets say 75% repeatable for me.

these two situations look similar but they are completelly different when it comes to risk. the first one is quite risky. the second one is much better. it was my mistake that i was unable to catch it with the other 2 contracts. my reaction was slow.

the market moved up afterwards and it could have been a nice trade if i had a bigger size. with two contracts (and with this as a first trade) i was unable to reach further targets because i follow fixed trade management.

the markets are readable and from the next week i am going to open double or tripple size.

just to have idea how much this small trade is (because some people asked me) i am adding the tradelog. it it +160

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	170623 nq long ima.png
Views:	272
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	236469   Click image for larger version

Name:	170623 nq long ima 2.png
Views:	140
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	236471   Click image for larger version

Name:	170623 nq long ima id.png
Views:	244
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	236472   Click image for larger version

Name:	160.png
Views:	249
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	236473  
nb10071981
Daytona beach Florida

A test of 2441.25, consolidation for three to four hours between 2438.50-2440, then a rejection back down to 2431. Almost identical to yesterday's price action. Similar distribution. And similar price levels throughout the session.

nb10071981
Daytona beach Florida

there was just one worthclicking situation today on nasdaq in my productive time. and no others. timing entry based on sellers´ liquidity abusion.

i was able to open the position with 2 contracts only because at the moment of my entry it was not validated as a low heat entry. the first screenshot shows a situation which is lets say 50% repeatable for me.

the price went couple of ticks agains me and validated the situation as a low risk entry. it was a "possitive drawdown" so i tried to open other two contracts to move my average price little bit lower, yet the price jumped up very fast and i was unable to catch it, so i let it only with the contracts and did not add more. the second screenshot shows the situation which is much more better and is lets say 75% repeatable for me.

these two situations look similar but they are completelly different when it comes to risk. the first one is quite risky. the second one is much better. it was my mistake that i was unable to catch it with the other 2 contracts. my reaction was slow.

the market moved up afterwards and it could have been a nice trade if i had a bigger size. with two contracts (and with this as a first trade) i was unable to reach further targets because i follow fixed trade management.

the markets are readable and from the next week i am going to open double or tripple size.

just to have idea how much this small trade is (because some people asked me) i am adding the tradelog. it it +160

Have you ever considered lifting the offer when your limit orders fail to get filled on a long trade? It might help you to put on more size when a good setup presents itself and price runs away from your limit orders.

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

nb10071981 View Post
Have you ever considered lifting the offer when your limit orders fail to get filled on a long trade? It might help you to put on more size when a good setup presents itself and price runs away from your limit orders.

well yes, in this particular case i lifted the limit, but the price bounced really quickly. and i did not want to have a bad average price. this scalling into position is always quite an issue and needs to fit preciselly to the risk management that i follow. but as i said, in this case it was my mistake not to be able to open bigger size because the entry was 75% valid. i should have been more agressive. but u know.. i am always little bit dumb on friday..

Last Updated on July 31, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts