NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

e-mini futures trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one nirvikalpasamadhi with 165 posts (37 thanks)
    2. looks_two nb10071981 with 13 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tpredictor with 6 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 5 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one choke35 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kleinewaise with 0.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 nirvikalpasamadhi with 0.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 paps with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 31,800 views
    2. thumb_up 41 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 199 posts
    2. attach_file 188 attachments

Search this Thread

e-mini futures trading

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 47

nirvikalpasamadhi View Post
first trade - sl (-350), second trade - pt (+450). both with six contracts.

retrospectivelly the first trade was too agressive. but ... it doesnt matter now..

one more short against the dumb buyers whose sell stop orders were abused to hit the globex low

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	170420 ym +150.png
Views:	242
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	232301  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

my dad just sent me his screen from today´s nasdaq.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	225
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	232326  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

smart sellers´s high frequency algoritmic activity.

this is something different from an iceberg that i described yesterday, this one is hft algo, opening bigger size of sell market orders in the interval of 10 miliseconds each 30 seconds for cca 5 minutes

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	smart sellers htf algo footprints.png
Views:	254
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	232348   Click image for larger version

Name:	smart sellers htf algo.png
Views:	197
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	232349  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

just one short, there were no other opportunities today. timing entry based on orderflow gradation. exit in a fixed trade management

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nq short.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	232413  
Thanked by:
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

some people asked me about an unfinished auction in trading orderflow - how to recognize it, how to interpret it, how to use it for timing entry or filtering.

here is a screenshot of an unfinished auction where u can see high volume at the highest levels of the fooptprint chart. it means the buyers are interested in buying at the high prices - that is why u can see them there, they are there, they accept this high price as ok for them, they keep buying, thus, there is no need to think about taking short for reversal because buyers simply want to buy for high prices and if buyers want to buy for high prices, the market will rise. it is a very simple logic.

moreover, what you can see here is that high-sellers (the guys who sell the market for the highest price possible) are catched at the high prices. they try to sell, but the price dont fall. what does it mean? someone bigger is buying their sell market orders with buy limit orders, eating and absorving all the high sellers.

this is how a fond or a bank opens their positions. a fond/bank needs to allocate a big size and they dont really care about the price. i mean, they care, but not so much because their primary aim is to allocate the big size into market. they use both (1) active market orders at the high price and (2) passive limit orders for buying from the high-sellers. they generally open their positions at the breakout of new highs, because there is enought predictible liquidity that can be abused

whenever you see this market auction, do not short it!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	unfinished.png
Views:	230
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	232460   Click image for larger version

Name:	unfinished ii.png
Views:	213
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	232461  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

f***ng lazy day.

long against the reactive sellers. the last contract ends up at BE. i planned to trail it near daily high

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	170421 nq long.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	232522  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

quite an unusual sitation happened now at dow jones futures. a bearish sell off bar pierced the daily low and kicked out everone who bought today. it is the longest bar within the whole day! i would not expect it on friday late afternoon. i go against this identifying bar, because it must have attracted lots of bored retail sellers who will have to lose now..

timing entry based on the seller´exhaustion with intelligent buyers´shadowing

unfortunatelly i was able to open only three contracts. two of them are closed now -> risk free trade. the last one i will try to trail little bit higher

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	170421 ym long trail.png
Views:	214
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	232536  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

nirvikalpasamadhi View Post
quite an unusual sitation happened now at dow jones futures. a bearish sell off bar pierced the daily low and kicked out everone who bought today. it is the longest bar within the whole day! i would not expect it on friday late afternoon. i go against this identifying bar, because it must have attracted lots of bored retail sellers who will have to lose now..

timing entry based on the seller´exhaustion with intelligent buyers´shadowing

unfortunatelly i was able to open only three contracts. two of them are closed now -> risk free trade. the last one i will try to trail little bit higher

exit. a nice trade. i like it

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	170421 ym long trail exit.png
Views:	197
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	232538  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

today it might have been better to go for a walk, smoke a joint and forget the charts.

the price was untradeable from the very open, i came back after lunchtime and took one short (out of boredom). this was the kind of trade that has quite a complicated timing entry based on a concentrated sequence of buy market orders. if i take it or not depends on my mood.. after my entry, smart sellers came in and entry price became very attractive - the market started to oscillate.

after terribly long time (cca 20 minutes), i hit the first target to make risk free trade. the second part ends up at sl. so the total is ZERO

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	170424 0.png
Views:	217
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	232684  
 kleinewaise 
santa rosa, ca

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: NQ, ES
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 34

Hi Nirvikalpasamadhi,
First off I want to say that you have an awesome journal. I want to learn to read order flow and your journal has given me great ideas and new motivation, so thank you. If I may ask, how do you incorporate the volume profile into your trading?
-kleinewaise

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 31, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts