NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Winning in Trading... and Beyond

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 148 posts (100 thanks)
    2. looks_two Mtype with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mastercraft29 with 1 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Devil Man with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mastercraft29 with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Mtype with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 iqgod with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 23,268 views
    2. thumb_up 111 thanks given
    3. group 17 followers
    1. forum 154 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

Winning in Trading... and Beyond

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

STEP BACK

He feels his witnessing self
and conscious power steps back, and
sees the light

As long he is completely involved and grappling with day to day stuff man is not really aware of himself. But with the growth of consciousness there comes an awareness of something in himself that is not involved in the outer movement. As he looks within and concentrates his attention on it he begins to experience the mind of division in his being: a part that is active and another part that does not participate in the movement but stands aloof , a witness that takes cognisance of the activity but does not step into it. And when aware of this dynamism in action and a self that is aloof in himself, the trader takes a step further inwards supporting both the static and dynamic part interacting effortlessly together.

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

CHOICE

Press back the senseless fire, the revolving wheel
And stop the mute march of necessity.

Living choice reverses fate
Affirm your tread on Circumstance

Only a force of will from an existence beyond the normal routine wheel of life which turns mechanically without saving any sensation and which moves under the pressure of a gathered momentum without questioning. Make your choice, use your will and bring it to bear upon the developing situation.

Only your strong will to follow your plan will allow you to perform under pressure.

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

KEEP AT IT

Even when we fail to look
Or lie embedded in base consciousness
Still we have parts that grow towards the light.

A trader is a complex being in evolution. He had many parts though he is conscious of only one or two on the exterior. Whether he is aware of them our not, keeping the practice and putting on the screen time allow all of them to grow in consciousness drawing in their own way from the experiences gathered by the frontal being and register their own development.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

INTUITIVE STOPS

… Sometimes, when our sight turned within
The ignorant veil is lifted from our eyes;
There is a short miraculous escape.

I cannot even begin to count the tons of times when I've miraculously escaped a stream roller of a trend in the opposite direction of my trade when my inner voice told me to escape. Heed your own wisdom. There is wisdom only in capital preservation, and you'll know whether you are listening to a cowardly voice or a wise one.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

VALIDATION

The truth mind could not know unveils its face
We live what common hearts repel and dread

These are the times when our trades work and give us many times over our recent losses and still some. These situations are when the public is caught on the wrong side of a gigantic move.

These times are not to be taken lightly. Neither celebrated brashly. Be extra aware after huge wins, and tread as if nothing has changed.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

UNKNOWN TO UNKNOWN

All we have learned appears a doubtful guess
The achievement seems to be a phase
A chance happening
Out of unknown we move to the unknown.

There is still no certainty about anything even though we have caught the, say, biggest move in history. What is acquired and cherished as definite knowledge at one stage comes to be shaken by subsequent developments and all that one learns passes under the shadow of doubt. So too things that are done in the field is execution have no finality about them - transitions occur and all appears to be a play of chance and incalculable.

None knows the origin of this movement, from where and when it had commenced (relatively); neither does one know where all this is leading to. There us only a uncertain knowledge of the presser that had come upon a surge of an unknown past and which is fast merging into a future beyond!

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

MISSED TRADES

A few rare intimations come as guides
And sometimes in the hours of watching and muse
The truth that we have missed! looks out at us
Now far off yet it was within our reach!

Though there are high moments when we are guided by revealing intimations inside us, yet sometimes in endless hours of contemplation and watching we fail to see the obvious trade that was being setup before us in broad daylight all along.

The advice is to still stay in the present. Don't disarm your selves voluntarily by raging inwards and trying to make up for the slip by chasing price. Stay loaded and shoot the next one down, possible only when you are grounded and have free capital and energy that you are not wasting in babysitting your late hasty entry.

Thus, missed trades are just missed trades and not personal abuses being hurled at you so there is no need to get worked up.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

PATIENCE FOR THE NEXT ONE ALWAYS

A trade comes near but flees from surmise
And, an ever postponed entry, compels attempt and hope,
But if early, and having eaten your losses share,
So now it's too great a risk to rely on mortal hope to dare

Failures and disappointments must not make one take trades based on hope. Ever. Now and again the market seems to be on the verge of a new development, but things fall back at the crucial moment and once again. The seemingly old rounds have to be done again before conditions are ready for another attempt.

The desperate our impatient trader tries to seize every opportunity to forge ahead, but gets thrown back subtly when the preparation is not complete.

You know when the market is showing it's hand that it is ready. If you eat too many losses in the initial chop you will feel it is now too much risk to take the proper trade when it comes along.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

EXTRA PATIENCE COMES WITH PROCESS

Soliciting from dumb price and toiling time
No answers are forthcoming, how to stay serene
Follow the process, the plan, that alone knows
What a trader needs, what most exceeds his scope!

There are empty times when a trader cannot fathom the market, unable to make sense of the movement, in such times the virtue of patience is great.

The trader is aware of the Will inside that will determine the next trade and an effective process that unrolls itself in terms of the time - the process he's designed to give the trader what he is the most in the need of and protects him from what lies beyond his range.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

PROFITABLE TRADING: SEED WITHIN

This mass of unintelIigible movements - The way that things happen in this market is often most bewildering. Things do not at all seem to be governed by any understandable Law. Often the very reverse of what we would expect according
to the canons of 'Law and Order' takes place, leading
one to believe that all is the work of a haphazard Chance and it is vain to look for some basis of order in the market. This, however, is only an appearance. The key to the truth of things lies within, the outer is always determined by the inner. The movement of every tick, the working of every force is ultimately governed by the truth that seeks to manifest that form or movement. In the process of the working out of this truth-not visible to the outer eye - while many possibilities may intervene and give the run to our egos, the will of the soul within prevails. All that which follows is a result of our inner state!

Tip
This is my humble attempt at demonstrating what trading is on some subtler levels. Please vote below if you find this useful.

Last Updated on June 1, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts