NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one shrekchenbin with 616 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two gisot with 19 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rdaytrader with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 iq200 with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one michaelleemoore with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MiniP with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 shrekchenbin with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gisot with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 65,864 views
    2. thumb_up 275 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 674 posts
    2. attach_file 658 attachments

Search this Thread

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 274

The long liquidation yesterday after the NY open was quite scary for some. After it took out the prior day's low, it seems that DAX is going to be sold out hard again. Many people including some of the big funds and prop traders hit the panic button and liquidated their long holdings.
However, what it did was merely to test last week's POC and, in the process, form a bull flag formation.
Today it is likely that we are going to have the week high 12925 being taken out and challenge the 12985 volume node before the italy panic dump.

Good luck, traders!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
OrderFlow-Based Support/Resistance Levels
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
15 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
13 thanks
Trading with Intuition
12 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

When both CAC and FESX lost the support of VWAP, I know it is the end of the bullish scenario for DAX this morning.
DAX is waiting for NY for more action.

It might be due to the arrival of June holiday period, many traders in Europe starts to take early holidays. The price action in London session is completely dominated by the algos. It could be quite challenging to trade, hence it is more important to refer more to the CAC and FESX for guidance during this period.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-06-07 (7).png
Views:	142
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	250531  
Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

A technical bounce from yesterday's VPOC in ES.
But it is very unlikely to change the
picture of overwhelming long liquidation that most of the late buyers are forced to cover and early buyers are taking profits here.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Pretty much since the Italian non-sense situation, the Ny session is actually much more directional with a clear intention wanting to break the DAX down. Hence the cash session TPOs are quite useless these days. Instead I am relying on the ETH chart for setup.

From the 60 min ETH chart, we can see that yesterday's bull flag has failed 1 hour after the cash open, and the big bear rising wedge seems to be taking the rein. This wedge was drawn by someone on the twitter several days ago. But I was buying into the simplistic view that DAX would go straight down from the wedge break. DAX never went down before the shorts are squeezed.
We had a couple of extremely strong short squeeze days people might be confusing it with a bullish trend day.

Now the reality has kicked in that DAX is going down for real. But usually after a major low is taken out, a short squeeze ensues. This time is very likely to be the same. I am looking at the retest of the 12765 to 12770 zone for a short. If it were to squeeze higher, then let it top out first before taking shorts. We are in an extremely volatile period associated with transitioning from bull phase to b
ear phase that it is going to test true trading skills.

'Sell a level and hoping it melt from there' is never going to work in this market. Be flexible and don't buy the dips anymore.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

If you were wondering what the openning move that was.
That is called the Wolfe wave, which is the most common short squeeze pattern in DAX, dow and NQ.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

I really need some higher wisdom to help me to get over this difficult situation.

My second daughter, who is just 1 year old, has been kept me from trading and sleeping by requiring constant attention and a lot of crying. I am really on the verge of total mental and physical break down.
I even had a thought to just throw my daughter away or send her to my parents so that I can focus on my work for a bit.

Is that normal thinking or I am just crazy and evil inside?
Anyone here had similar experience? How you were able to get peace with a young baby?
Terribly needed some higher guidance.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

The session yesterday was really choppy. Some of you who were day trading yesterday's market might be asking what the market maker was trying to do here?
There were plenty of impulse moves, but the market attempted to be going no where.

The chart speaks of the truth. Basically the market maker was cleaning the book by running the weak levels (the double bottoms and tops) in the market to weed out the weak longs and weak shorts because they know that at this moment no big funds are going to put down serious money anyway before the major ECB meeting.
After the weak levels are run, the market maker has a much lighter book. Whichever direction they want to push after the meeting would be much easier.

Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

If we take a look at the long term chart, the June was trading below the volume built between 13050 and 12925 just before the high time high. That is the place where the big funds taking position.
After yesterday's bullish price action, DAX was trading solidly above that volume/value a
rea. According to experience, the major volume zone would act as resistance if price trading below or support once price trading above it.
I am anticipating that value area to lend us some support going forward. Once the support is established, DAX should be able to make all time high yet again. Probably, very soon.

Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

ES looking quite bearish into the open.
It has failed to stand above the weekly POC in yesterday's session.
Now the path of least resistance is to the down side until the buyers show strong willingness to turn it around.
I am looking at the 2752 area as the down side target for the bears.
before that, there is not much structure we can rely on.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Dow is the bearish leadership at this moment.
A failed buy setup out of the open. All the buyers trapped this morning
would have to liquidate.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 29, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts