NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one shrekchenbin with 616 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two gisot with 19 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rdaytrader with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 iq200 with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one michaelleemoore with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MiniP with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 shrekchenbin with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gisot with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 65,392 views
    2. thumb_up 275 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 674 posts
    2. attach_file 658 attachments

Search this Thread

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 274

ES has tested the 2630 support yesterday when the cash market has closed.
If the 2645 were to be broken, then the spring structure is confirmed.

shrekchenbin View Post
1. Yesterday's price action was very text book like -- after the trend line break an impulse to the down side was observed.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

I was too late in the Euro short party.
Struggling to watch many instruments at the same time.

2. the base case in POund is that it is still trading in a range. Now it is time to cycle from the high to the low of range. Support at 12830 (futures price).

shrekchenbin View Post
ES has tested the 2630 support yesterday when the cash market has closed.
If the 2645 were to be broken, then the spring structure is confirmed.

Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

The high of yesterday's correction 4644 has been taken out. Hence the scenario has been shifted to the Gartley pattern.
The pattern entry is at 4952, which is the 78.6 fib of the impulse down leg.
So far the moves look like correction to me.

4964 is the invalidation point of this Gartley pattern. A safe entry is to draw a trend line to today's corrective structure and enter a short when this trend line breaks.

shrekchenbin View Post
1. Yesterday's price action was very text book like -- after the trend line break an impulse to the down side was observed.
Then the cac was making the corrective move to the high for the rest of the day. The second leg of this correction has topped out around 16:00 pm when I was already away. Due to the lack of participation, there is no strong follow through to the downside after that break down.
Today we might be able to see that impulse leg breaking at least yesterday's low. The bearish invalidation point is at 4944. If that level were to be broken, then the formation would change to something else.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

1. DAX had a failed head and shoulder's pattern, which is going to pop the price up to 11400 level.

2. The two tiny holiday trading ranges has developed into a bull flag. This pattern is pointing to a challenge of the 5000 level.

Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

An alternative way of looking at the the reversal in European equity this morning is to see it as a big W bottom pattern.
Since it has traded through the neckline, a W pattern has been confirmed technically. This

This implies 5010, 5040 and 5100 as pattern fulfillment points.

shrekchenbin View Post
1. DAX had a failed head and shoulder's pattern, which is going to pop the price up to 11400 level.

michaelleemoore 
Missoula, MT Nɫʔay(ccstm)
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 5,552
Thanks Received: 12,328

shrekchenbin View Post

Agreed, but FESX has to get past this 3176 with some measure of conviction. Really enjoy your journal, good sir, particularly now that I've been living in New Zealand for the past three months and trading the DAX. One crazy instrument.

Cheers,

mlm

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

The ES has broken the neckline of a small head and shoulder's pattern out of the trapped weak holiday short selling actions.

The first target of this pattern at 2663.5 has been achieved to the tick this morning. We are anticipating for the second leg of the up move to pop price up to 2681.5.

shrekchenbin View Post
An alternative way of looking at the the reversal in European equity this morning is to see it as a big W bottom pattern.
Since it has traded through the neckline, a W pattern has been confirmed technically. This

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Mlm,
Thanks for your comment.
Glad to hear that your like my journal.
You are right, DAX is very wild.
It has incredibly many fake outs and stop runs day in and day out.
Regards
Bin

michaelleemoore View Post
Agreed, but FESX has to get past this 3176 with some measure of conviction. Really enjoy your journal, good sir, particularly now that I've been living in New Zealand for the past three months and trading the DAX. One crazy instrument.

Cheers,

mlm

michaelleemoore 
Missoula, MT Nɫʔay(ccstm)
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 5,552
Thanks Received: 12,328

shrekchenbin View Post
Mlm,
Thanks for your comment.
Glad to hear that your like my journal.
You are right, DAX is very wild.
It has incredibly many fake outs and stop runs day in and day out.
Regards
Bin

Yes, big fan of the journal. I am just scalping FDAX based on FESX behavior at known areas of support/resistance. That often means being down a quick hundred or two before the DAX gets in line with FESX. D-high, D-low, vwap, eth vwap, etc. work brilliantly. Three contracts and three or four trades and the day is nearly made before I go to sleep.

I very much appreciate your comprehensive view of the contextual situation, and I use that info when the US session begins. As for the DAX, though, I don't think I could hold a position there without scaring myself to death, so for now, I take 5-15 ticks with a couple of cars and get out before it makes the inevitable reversal.

Thanks again for your great work.

mlm

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

1. ES has stalled at 2664, last week's VPOC level.
My bias in ES is short term bullish, because many weak bears were forcing a break down during the two holiday sessions. Hence a short squeeze rally is very likely to happen before a real break down in ES. I see two possibilities for such short squeeze rally to play out.

2. Russell is showing some bullish leadership for now that it has broken last week's value high and ready to challenge the band of prior support now resistance at 1510. I am going to watch closely in Russell to see how it reacts to weekly value area of two weeks ago for a clue of bullish continuation of break down.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 29, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts