NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Onisowo Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Onisowo with 75 posts (25 thanks)
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 2 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matthew28 with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two snax with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 1.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Onisowo with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,544 views
    2. thumb_up 46 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 92 posts
    2. attach_file 46 attachments

Search this Thread

Onisowo Trading Journal

Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 41

Well......one more day left for this trial demo account...........oil report today..............i am looking forward to live trading soon.......the collection of indicators work well for me...........
I just wish I had a trading mentor so that I may master the psychological part of trading.............i am doing well with demo...............I do not want to blow my first futures account.........I truly believe this it is avoidable.....but for now...................................................

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

As you can see I suffered...........the reason.............posting here while trading............from now on I will post EOD results............you all have a productive day!

Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

Since I will be trading live soon I am getting my platform prepared. I have been using Sierracharts for about 3 months now. I like the platform alot, but there is one indicator that is not available to that platform. Since I depend on this indicator for entries and analysis I will be switching to NinjaTrader 7. The standard deviation levels indicator combined with marketprofile should give me the edge I need.
Using interactive Brokers seems to give me favorable trading conditions with my platform of choice.
Also; with Brexit decision(s) coming this week and me not rushing to trade is showing growth on my part psychologically. I feel good about my progression thus far.

Thanked by:

TrendFollower1 
Austin, TX

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ThinkOrSwim
Trading: Currency, index, commodity futures
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 8

Hi Onisowo,

I'm enjoying reading your thread and analyzing the charts you posted. Would you say that your approach to setting entries and exits is a discretionary one or is it mechanical?

Best of luck to you in this new year of trading.

Thanked by:
Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

I must admit; I don't fully understand what discretionary trading means. I have not begun to explore algorithmic trading as of yet...........I trade manually for now; and for now I monitor all trades via manually trading stops.

I have decided not to use IB with NT7........its slows my computer down alot

That indicator that I mentioned awhile ago is displayed on this chart. Its very accurate by the way. If I could switch to Sierra Charts with that indicator it would be my edge.

Anyhow, im just setting up my toolbox and making final decisions on back-end stuff like who my broker will be; who my FCM will be, what platform to use, and the cost involved.

Two things I fully understand.......each renko box must cover the commission for one round trip.......

the only thing missing is volatility and volume representation.....levels and trend are covered......

Thanked by:

ninjus 
Chiang Mai Thailand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Seirra Chart
Broker: Stage5 + Denali
Trading: MNQ
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 1,223
Thanks Received: 2,336

That's the apex deviation indicator right?

There are ways to calculate these levels yourself and then plot them on Sierra charts.

That's what I do.

Message me if you want help with it.

Marcus Aurelius
"Not to assume it's impossible because you find it hard. But to recognize that if it's humanly possible, you can do it too"

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

ninjus View Post
That's the apex deviation indicator right?

There are ways to calculate these levels yourself and then plot them on Sierra charts.

That's what I do.

Message me if you want help with it.

Yes.....I would like help with that......with that knowledge them my final decision with platform choice can be made.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

Testrun.....demo from the phone.....machine id/software liscense issues wont let me use the standard deviation indicator on my virtual machine and my desktop platform at the same time....also I am unable to run concurrent sessions with NT7 ..... that sucks

Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

It reversed on me....

Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

Looks like I made a decent trade today. My charts are self explanatory (or at least I hope). I am considering adding fractals (which on second thought probably not); and an oscillator to help me get a big picture entry. One thing I must keep in mind; if I use NT7 for live trading, for now I must mark my stops so that I make keep track of where I am in relation to profit/loss. I will be using the free license for now.

I like how slow the currency futures exchange moves for the instruments I am trading. It enables me to think clearer.

The deviation indicator is only showing settlement and deviations 1, 2, and 3. Because of the markets I am using them on that is all I need.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 21, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts