NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 131 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Blash with 60 posts (136 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 43 posts (180 thanks)
    4. looks_4 AllSeeker with 43 posts (75 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Blash with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 104,928 views
    2. thumb_up 1,277 thanks given
    3. group 264 followers
    1. forum 582 posts
    2. attach_file 74 attachments

Search this Thread

Coronavirus COVID-19

srgtroy 
Los Angeles, California Republic
Legendary  R.I.P. 1965-2023 

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,375
Thanks Received: 3,722

bobwest View Post
These all look like good ideas. I think the non-sewing masks are the only ones that I would even attempt.

Deep within a NYTimes article mentioned by @sienna that had a lot of sewing stuff, there was this, using just a t-shirt and some scissors. My speed, I think:

I also liked the one about folding a bandana, the only problem being that when she says, "Fold an ordinary bandana" I have to say, maybe you've got "ordinary bandanas" lying around the house.... but I suppose you could rig up something similar with a lot of other things.

Not medical grade because of the fabrics, but something is better than nothing, I guess.

I don't plan to be out much at all, but someone may be able to use some of these ideas. I hope so.

Bob.

This one is good, too:

R.I.P. Roy Goldberg (srgtroy), 1965-2023.
Please visit [url="https://nexusfi.com/off-topic/60226-srgtroy-r-i-p-brotha.html[/url] for more information.
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
19 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
16 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
12 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks

Mabi 
sweden

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader,MetaTrader
Trading: futures, FX
Thanks Given: 121
Thanks Received: 136

I work with Ventilation, Air to Air systems, drying air, recovering humidty and devloping products to do this using dessicants. So i think this is what happening.

1. Corona Virus is exhausted with water , saliva.
2. This is 100% humidty when entering enviroment small water droplets will actually almost immediately evaporate making
this Virus airborn and it can spread very far very quickly.
3. From the Airborn spread of Virus we get mild cases since the concentration of the virus is very low and our immune
system have no problem killing it of. These cases are like the cases found in people in arriving to China by air were 5 of
6 persons tested posetive have no symtoms and devlop no symtoms either during quaranteen.
4. At Hostpitals even young doctors and Nurces get servere cases because of high concentration due to very low ventilation
rates and N95 masks takes 99 % of 300 my particles but this virus is smaller about 150 my so maybe top 50% of free
flowing viruses is filtered so plenty of fresh air supply important.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,533
Thanks Received: 26,292

I think it's funny that a post I made late last night, when I was basically just grumbling discontentedly about no one being able to get a mask, resulted in a flood of make-it-yourself mask ideas (generally not needing a sewing machine, another thing I grumbled about), and reminded me that a little bit of Googling will solve many problems, as, pretty often, will posting here.

I don't know which is better or worse. It probably depends a lot on the fabric you use, and we're not talking medical grade here, just some level of basic protection. I think a lot of them will work well enough.

Thanks again to all who chipped in with ideas. I may just try the one posted lately by @srgtroy, where you just cut a square out of a bedsheet and then use some elastic bands and a paper clip. A huge advance over "download a pattern, cut it out, and sew it on your sewing machine."

Funny how grumbling will sometimes produce progress....

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:
Shaban
Turin + Italy

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 129

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/coronavirus-greater-great-depression-by-nouriel-roubini-2020-03

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/PqrvpqRc/Great-Depression.jpg[/img]

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

our inquisition about the roles that certain individuals played in Wuhan - to discover the "very suspicious" fact that the Wuhan Bio lab had a job opening from November 18, 2019, asking for scientists to come and research the relationship between the coronavirus and bats.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/man-behind-global-coronavirus-pandemic

the job opening appeared on December 24th (remember this is before any news broke of the virus publicly), which basically says 'we've discovered a new and terrible virus and would like to recruit people to come deal with it'...

he discovers silenced scientists, disappeared doctors, and constant propaganda...

"...it's quite clear that the Chinese government needs to close its mouth and acknowledge that this virus did in fact come from Wuhan, Hubei, China."

CCP's .. understanding of the danger of the virus on a pure scientific level -
CCP then silenced those who wanted to warn the public... and letting the virus spread for months

[Wuahn virus cross to humans] could have occurred as a laboratory accident, with, for example, an accidental infection of a laboratory worker.” He noted that bat coronaviruses were studied in Wuhan at Biosafety Level 2, “which provides only minimal protection,” compared with the top BSL-4.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/i-found-source-covid-19

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

I think this is about terrifying the population to take control.

Co-ordinated effort to terrify people and break the supply chains.

I have noticed articles like:
  • congress to put 50% tax on firearrms and ammo
  • not accepting cash - pushing towards cash confiscation and making it illegal (aka Cyprus banks and India)
  • idiot Bill G- everyone must show vaccination card - digital and then it will be chip and bioscan
    (It wouldn't be so bad if the brain dead weren't stabilizing vaccines with toxic Mercury instead of other methods)
  • Sweden doing fine with relaxed attitude - no lock downs
  • Ontario banning sale of automotive supplies, office supplies, hardware and SAFETY supplies (gotta be some fiercely stupid people there! - I want a carbon monoxide detector - nope we want you to die instead, I care for the elderly shut-ins and my car needs some oil - nope let them die. I need to buy some hardware to ready a place to rent - nope let be homeless and de on the streets.. How about a pen and paper to write to my mother ... f'k off let her last days be in isolation and fear.)

40,000 deaths for each 1% rise in unemployment. NY times estimates it is now a 13% increase
13 * 40K = 520,000 deaths

Jim Grant, this action of killing the economy is far worse that the virus

The Chezks are kicking ass by wearing face-coverings / masks.
be nice to see the WHO director tarred and feathered.

This whole mess could have been avoided with intelligence. Continue on like Sweden but have people wear masks or face coverings. Put in air sterilizers in work and public places and not shut-down.

"Oh but that would be effective.! we don't want that!"
"That would mean less deaths, less terror and stop our control. - we don't want that"

=============== WAR of TERROR on AMERICA by its own "authorities" ============

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

aquarian1 View Post

It was obvious in January that this was going to be bad, and In February everyone should have been told to wear masks or face coverings. That was common sense. That is also Gold standard in preventing spread and "flattening the curve."

The brain-dead cost lives.

These at the top will shift their position and recommend face-coverings too late. The public won't remember the stupidity and incompetence of their actions unless they are called-out on it. They later will cover their life-costing stupidity with garage like "new research suggest that everyone should wear a face-covering". That is nonsense. Face covering was the Gold standard back in SARS and Swine Flu and before.
In the Spanish flu -see prior post - see movie they new of face covering.

So AS PREDICTED they will use words like "NEW RESEARCH" to let themselves off the hook and pretend they were giving competent advice. EVEN a fairly slow CHILD could have told you more than a month ago that everyone should wear a mask or face covering.

Now (drumroll please) here it is:

"This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms. In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.

It is critical to emphasize that maintaining 6-feet social distancing remains important to slowing the spread of the virus. CDC is additionally advising the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html

-------

And the BRAIN DEAD continue to cost thousands of lives..

I hope they tar-and feather these buffoons - but sue them into the ground first leave them penniless like the millions of Americans their buffoonery caused

tech1043 
Princeton, Texas,United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 346
Thanks Received: 40

We found out today our daughter has covid-19. She is a RN and has a 6 month old baby. The baby and her husband have been sick this past week and did not respond to antibiotics and will find out tomorrow if the health dept. wants them tested. If you pray, please pray for them. Thanks

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

bobwest View Post
These all look like good ideas. I think the non-sewing masks are the only ones that I would even attempt.

Deep within a NYTimes article mentioned by @sienna that had a lot of sewing stuff, there was this, using just a t-shirt and some scissors. My speed, I think:

I also liked the one about folding a bandana, the only problem being that when she says, "Fold an ordinary bandana" I have to say, maybe you've got "ordinary bandanas" lying around the house.... but I suppose you could rig up something similar with a lot of other things.

Not medical grade because of the fabrics, but something is better than nothing, I guess.

I don't plan to be out much at all, but someone may be able to use some of these ideas. I hope so.

Bob.

My wife shared this video with me and thought of you. Brilliant I think and they look like they fit tight enough. I might try it just for fun. There are two parts to this: Keeping the virus away from others and keeping it away from you. Combined with social distancing, masks could have a big impact.

Sanitizing masks in the sun works, which I know you have plenty of (I used to live in Cape Coral and Fort Myers). Do not store your masks in plastic bags, paper is okay.

~vmodus

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: WhatsApp Video 2020-04-04 at 12.03.44 PM.mp4
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,533
Thanks Received: 26,292

vmodus View Post
My wife shared this video with me and thought of you. Brilliant I think and they look like they fit tight enough. I might try it just for fun. There are two parts to this: Keeping the virus away from others and keeping it away from you. Combined with social distancing, masks could have a big impact.

Sanitizing masks in the sun works, which I know you have plenty of (I used to live in Cape Coral and Fort Myers). Do not store your masks in plastic bags, paper is okay.

~vmodus

This is brilliant -- making a mask out of a sock. And hilarious too. It does look simple and it would be better than breathing unfiltered air.

It reminded me of the video I linked somewhere up above about using a t-shirt, and I suppose that you could use any material; this particular type of design includes cutting the ties as part of the material itself, rather than using something like elastic bands. I think the factor that would be most important is the material itself, that is, how fine a mesh it uses and so how small the holes are that would stop or let in particles. I imagine that an athletic sock would not be all that finely-meshed. Some of the other designs involve folding the material several times, which probably would make for better filtering.

The really hilarious thing is to be discussing the merits of a sock vs. a t-shirt vs. a folded square of bedsheet or a bandana as a virus filter, but necessity is the mother of invention.

FYI, FIO does not have a way to run mp4 files any more (which has made some of the older webinars unviewable -- although Mike will convert them to html5 on request), so I had to use Chrome to open it in a new window and then Windows natively ran it in its TV and Movies app with a click. Just in case anyone wants to view how to make a mask from an athletic sock.

Thanks for this. We are building up a DIY mask library here....

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts